Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who was your personal favourite Pokemon?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

1. Eevee and all eevee evolutions (except Jolteon)
    2. Vulpix
    3. Ninetails
    4. Arcanine
    5. Rapidash
    6. Wartortle
    7. Mew

- I am seeing a mostly fire theme here

My favourite is raichu.
    I'm also fond of manectric, mew, vaporeon and a bunch of others, particularly electric types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Rocket Butch

By generation, Jigglypuff, Wobbuffet, Whiscash, and Buneary. Jury is still out on 5th generation, but I hate Emolgas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Scyther.png

Or Charizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Kersmash wrote: »
    Scyther.png

I am so using you as a quote for people who disagreed with Scyther being listed in Eirtakon's Eirtafortunes "Name a popular Pokémon" question :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 GamingSynergy

I remember almost dying from happiness when I got his toy in my Burger King meal... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

delibird.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Mine would be Gyrados, Tauros and Charizard. Saying that I did like Alkazham aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 30 xi3

Pichu,Moltres and Taurus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Magikarp. Haters are welcome.

*splashes*

magikarp-swear.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

reallyrose wrote: »
    Magicarp. Haters are welcome.

*splashes*

*Magikarp :P

memes-another-new-pokmon-species.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dante

Dragonite and Alakazam, badass cúnts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shurwhatharm

haunter.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Alakazam, Golduck, Arcanine, Blastoise and Dragonite.

That was always my team for the Elite 4 in the earlier games<3

I wish they'd remake red/blue/yellow with better graphics instead of bringing out new **** pokemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IloveConverse

I wish they'd remake red/blue/yellow with better graphics instead of bringing out new **** pokemon.

Recently waited a month to get Red from Japan; the memories came flooding back after catching sight of the SS Anne- 'She's left without me, crap'. You're so right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They did remake Red and Blue/Green. Fire Red and Leaf Green for GBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

They did remake Red and Blue/Green. Fire Red and Leaf Green for GBA.

I meant for DS. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

In the Anime, Psyduck (especially Misty's), Badass Squirtle and Scyther.

To play as in the games, Graveler, Pidgeotto and Gyarados. Gyarados so much so that in RBY, I'd pay the $500 to get Magikarp early :D

For Shinies, my first was a poxy Caterpie, followed by Noctowl and then the red Gyarados. Got a few since but they are all the crap new one's. Gen I & II ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Scyther, what a badass mofo'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I meant for DS. :)

They work on DS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Rocket Butch

But that's not going to sell as many copies now is it.

But that's not going to sell as many copies now is it.
    Hasnt that been said about the last few games and they continue to sell like crazy? I think it's Nintendo's second most popular franchise ever. If Pokemon is in the name, it'll sell.

What I would love is a combination of a remake/new game. Go back and include maybe the first three regions and a few new towns between them. I know Kanto and Johto are literally next to each other but the others are a little further afield. A few small towns and lots of wild Pokemon/strong trainers would begood. The big thing for me would be to include all the Pokemon thus far. And make them all obtainable too. No Nintendo events or anything like that. I reckon that could sell better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Would love if the sequal that was announced carried on from where the other left off. You go back to your hometown, and start a new pokemon master quest. You would be battling against trainers around the same level as very late in the previous game, all your old pokemon are available straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Would require you to import your old game - which would easily be possible on the 3DS 'cause you could install an application to handle it, but not so easy on a DS or DS Lite. As such, unlikely to happen. I guess they could load some sort of handler into memory, get you to swap carts, allow you to select a handful of pokemon from your old game (memory, presumably, would be the limiting factor) and then swap the B/W2 cart back in to dump that info onto it. But then you have to start new players on Level 50+... I guess it might work if you had "previously on Pokemon B/W" with a series of cutscenes and key battles with a fixed team based on your chosen starter, so you get the mechanics of the game mixed with a catchup and an organic view of how your team evolved....

But who are we kidding. It'll be the same map, same starters, tweaked storyline and enhanced-for-3DS bridges.

I got bored with the storyline in BW so I'm curious, what happened (spoiler tagged) at the end to need a sequal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

In a dramatic final confrontation it turns out that Zekrom is your father, Soylent Yellow is pikachus, the swamp beast that was terrorizing everyone was really Mr Jenkins who ran the amusement park in Nimbasa (and he would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those pesky kids!) and Keyser Soze was a Zorua using Illusion. Also, Bruce Willis was a ghost-type.

The only thing that they didn't resolve in the course of the B/W main game (and post-game trip round the other half of Unova) was how much money they could eke out of the current generation of Pokemon. And I guess this sequel will help answer that question?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aoife1981

Didnt think this was still on.
    Always liked the talking cat - Meaowth.
    By far the most important, he was the only one who learned to talk - have to be impressed with his determination.
    Pity he had a hard start to life and got caught up in Team Rocket. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Dragonair, Venusaur, Scyther, Arcanine and Ditto :D

That's not a team btw, just favourites :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

071.png

Because it's a man-eating plant that screeches! What more could you want? :pac:

James' Victreebel constantly trying to eat him in the anime never once failed to crack me up! (I was very easily amused as a 10 year old.) Also I always thought Weepinbell was dopey looking so it's nice to see it evolve into something much more badass. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

TYPHLOSION!

BECAUSE IN EVERY PICTURE OF HIM HE'S SHOUTING

402px-157Typhlosion.png

RAAAAA

Advertisement