Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hse competency interviews- advice please

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nadia111

layviae wrote: »
    I think it's 3 per question and 2 at the end but I wasn't really watching how long I had just how long I had left

...did you have difficult questions? It is behind you now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Nadia111 wrote: »
    ...did you have difficult questions? It is behind you now!

It actually went so fast that by the time I finished I couldn't remember them, I know I got 2 child protection and one mental health but honestly not sure what way they were phrased

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭*WKD*

Oh dear lordy!! Well Im done. The first two were pretty tough one on supervision and one on child protection and risks to the child that you would need to be aware of!! But i was flabbergasted by the 3rd!!!!!
    Number 3.You have a client with dimentia, her family have said money has gone missing from her bank account how do you deal with this??????? aarrghhhh I think by the last 20 seconds i was calling the guards just in case!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Lady1984

I just did mine.... Question on child care legislation, guidance and policies ... Completely blanked on that forget to mention children's first!!! Oh ****!! Then questions on reluctant clients and parents with mental health issues which were ok!! Glad it's over but can't believe how much I ****ed up on legiation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭*WKD*

There's nothing worse than that complete surge of panic, opening your mouth and finding your mind blank at the start of the question!! At least for this you can glance at the millions of notes and papers around whereas you can't in a face to face interview. Good luck to anyone else left to go in the next couple of hours :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 princessruby

Hi all, unfort I came across this thread after the online interview it would have been very helpful. As you probably know the results were released today, thankfully I'm in band a so the next step is face to face interviews. Hopeing we can help each other out as I'm terrified already! Have so much to cover over the next 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Lady1984

Hi all, unfort I came across this thread after the online interview it would have been very helpful. As you probably know the results were released today, thankfully I'm in band a so the next step is face to face interviews. Hopeing we can help each other out as I'm terrified already! Have so much to cover over the next 4 weeks

Good idea to help each other out! I got in band A too!! Thank god! Havnt a clue where to start preparing! Hopefully they'll give us some guidance with letter on Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lbouyle48

Did anyone do face to face interview yet!! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sirbraxton

Hi, just found this thread, unfourtunatly i totaly messed up web interview but made panel b. I have interview on mon...any advise very welcome...i realy need this, graduated last year and am on the verge of needing a social worker myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 k_t11

sirbraxton wrote: »
    Hi, just found this thread, unfourtunatly i totaly messed up web interview but made panel b. I have interview on mon...any advise very welcome...i realy need this, graduated last year and am on the verge of needing a social worker myself.

Hey check out social work panel 2013 forum on this loads of advice being shared! I also messed up on web interview :( ridiculous approach to interviewing if you ask me!! Im in band c :( keeping my fingers crossed b will move as fast as a!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pinkycardfairy

I'm not much good I'm afraid as I was placed on the D panel. If you research a bit of info on mental health and children's act. Also attachment is another one to look into. If you did learning insidents in college look over those and you will be able to use them if they ask for case examples

• Registered Users Posts: 6 princessruby

hi, I had interview last june, it's a panel of 3 people they started by asking to give a brief history of education and previous employment. They then went through the 4 competency questions they said that I could talk about the example I had written about or give new examples. I gave new examples but u don't have to. The final question was professional competence they asked me about the ways older people experience ageism. I currently work with that client group so I think that's why the asked me that. it took about 35 mins in total. they were all very nice, just know ur application fork
    inside out. If u have any other questions just ask il answer best I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sirbraxton

Thanks so much...am getting so nervous now..any advise on the do you have any questions part.

Advertisement