Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Totesport.com Players Championship

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

padr81 wrote: »
    Lewis should have put him to bed early thats a certainty and was the better player but the booing was unfair and tough on Dolan and Lewis bumped the table (not deliberately) on a key throw which seemed to unsettle brendan a little.

I think if you're on the tour you should be able to deal with these things but the crowd even got to Taylor tonight which i was surprised at.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

mdwexford wrote: »
    I think if you're on the tour you should be able to deal with these things but the crowd even got to Taylor tonight which i was surprised at.

Defiantely, i think thats probably the reason the wc was moved from there, larger and louder crowds and as taylor said they are almost on top of the players at Circus Tavern which makes it worse. the most annoyed I seen Taylor since Sid ruined his 9 darter.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

lewis flatters to deceive again. just too many sloppy darts. well done to Nicholson though he was solid throughout and deserved the win.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

TErrific match between Lloyd and Taylor. great to see Lloyd back to his best and pushing Taylor all the way. delighted that the players are not buckling when playing Taylor. he is still just too good though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Hah watching this on the stream on Betfair (better quality than the illegal streams ive found)

but i was listening while it was on break after the king match and there were discussing what ITV was going to order its items coming up next, a barry hearne piece is coming up

Mason said "that piece is about the BDO offer yeah? did you hear what he said, barry said "well thats saved me 2mill"

then Mason goes, you know with all phils celebrity friends, not one of them has turned up.

Hah they didnt realise it was being broadcasts

• Advertisement

yeah that has happened on a few of the sky sports streams i have watched, you get to see everything dave clarke etc say and can be good craic.

on the barry hearne interview, a bit disappointed the bdo have turned down the offer although it's not surprising

what an incredible match that was. real quality throughout from both men and delighted for Nicholson because he deserved it. brilliant stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭superref

what a brilliant display of darts from the "asset" delighted to see the power being beaten at least its a change in the final now should be a good one !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

A good final last night between Nicholson and King. The big finishes by Nicholson were the difference not only in the final but in all of his games yesterday,he had a high number of ton plus finishes in all of his games. It was good to see a PDC TV final without Phil Taylor playing,this result will surely give encouragement to all the players on the tour that it's possible to beat Phil Taylor!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

what happened to the coverage. i watched it on thurs night and was away for weekend so set it to record and i come back today and none of it recorded. i tried to watch some of it in naas but it said programme not available in republic of ireland. ???????:mad::mad:

ok just seen the other thread. never mind. ****ing useless ntl pricks. at least there is the premier league around the corner.

• Advertisement

From what Taylor said he didnt practise at all and Nicholson taking out 4 ton plus finishes in 9 legs was pretty much everything going right for him. I wouldnt be confident of taking on Taylor the next tv tournament or anything to be honest.

King and Lewis must be kicking themselves, this was their chance to get a big tv win but they both buckled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Taylor saying he didnt practice is bull

thats completely disrespectful to the rest of the competition and frankly just an excuse because he finally lost

he needs to grow up, he has no job, his life is darts, he practiced, no doubt about that

Was pretty clear to me he wasnt at his best anyway, he got pushed hard every round and his averages in some games were far below his best.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Was pretty clear to me he wasnt at his best anyway, he got pushed hard every round and his averages in some games were far below his best.

I think it was more to do with the pressure that he was under. Bar Manly, everybody played very well against him and pushed him all the way. If you pressurise Taylor he does miss, John Part has shown this over the years. Win your own legs and Taylor is beatable. Couple that with the heat that he really seemed to be struggling with then he was beatable. In all honestly he should have been beaten before the semi-finals.

That said though I think he will be better than ever in the Premier League after that defeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Devastator wrote: »

Wes Newton 125/1 :eek: Good player, could push a few players and at these odds maybe worth a small wager.
    Ronnie Baxter 40/1. Disappointing in the worlds, if on form can cause lot of players trouble.
    Colin Osbourne 66/1. I think he's a great player, one of only few players to beat Taylor last year(in a final no less). Out to avenge 1st round defeat in the world championships?

Surely bookies cant keep offering Newton at 100+ odds :eek: He played well, some more experience against the top players and he could push into top 16 this year.
    Baxter - disappointing, hope he's better in PL.
    Osbourne, really good tournament from him IMO, until his double trouble against King.
    Kingp35 wrote: »
    lewis flatters to deceive again. just too many sloppy darts. well done to Nicholson though he was solid throughout and deserved the win.

Quite refreshing to see a final without Taylor. Well done to Nicholson showed a lot of bottle, not only in beating Taylor but keeping his form going into final. I thought he would have blown his load in the semi and was waiting for him to crumble

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Taylor saying he didnt practice is bull

thats completely disrespectful to the rest of the competition and frankly just an excuse because he finally lost

he needs to grow up, he has no job, his life is darts, he practiced, no doubt about that

Not making excuses for him but he never said he didn't practice just he didn't practice as much as he'd of liked and he hadn't ideal preperation for the tournament.

As he said its a month since the WC final and of course hes gonna be busy with press related stuff, interviews and his family after missing the holidays. What he was getting at was that he hadn't the time to put in his usual 6-9 hour shifts as we would obviously be busy doing the usual pr stuff. Despite that he still averaged just about a ton in every game.

Just goes to show that when not putting the time in and when he feels he's not 100% prepared even Taylors mind can get to him and put him off his "a" game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

padr81 wrote: »
    Not making excuses for him but he never said he didn't practice just he didn't practice as much as he'd of liked and he hadn't ideal preperation for the tournament.

As he said its a month since the WC final and of course hes gonna be busy with press related stuff, interviews and his family after missing the holidays. What he was getting at was that he hadn't the time to put in his usual 6-9 hour shifts as we would obviously be busy doing the usual pr stuff. Despite that he still averaged just about a ton in every game.

Just goes to show that when not putting the time in and when he feels he's not 100% prepared even Taylors mind can get to him and put him off his "a" game.

Also, he did make these comments after 1st or 2nd round....so people shouldn't accuse him of making excuses because he lost as he had already said it

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I think it was more to do with the pressure that he was under. Bar Manly, everybody played very well against him and pushed him all the way. If you pressurise Taylor he does miss, John Part has shown this over the years. Win your own legs and Taylor is beatable. Couple that with the heat that he really seemed to be struggling with then he was beatable. In all honestly he should have been beaten before the semi-finals.

Yeah i agree, id planned to take him on with Lewis in the semi's but i didnt think Nicholson would have it in him to beat Taylor.

Advertisement