Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night 20

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

sonic.trip wrote: »
    Why the hell is this on tomorrow-on a Monday night?? have an exam on tuesday :(

The next (new) Monday Nights Wars. :pac: Spike TV have been going counter programminng WWE's Monday Night Raw show. UFC dont even want the show hence the lackluster looking card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Something to watch on an otherwise boring Tuesday. This will be one to record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

what station can i watch this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Wow Lebens really taking a nosedive in his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

viztopia wrote: »
    what station can i watch this on?

ESPN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm looking forward to Tom Lawlor :pac:

Fozzy wrote: »

I wonder if Fedor will debut by going to his lockeroom :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

What the hell is up with lebens hair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Oddly this post reminded me WEC46 was last night , how did I forget about both of these :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

no requests for illegal downloads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

Fozzy wrote: »

Did anyone see Tom at the weigh-in? Came dressed as Harold Howard, the front-flipping, be-mulleted karateka from back in the day. Someone posted a couple of gifs for comparison on Joe Rogan's forum.

Link (bottom of the page)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

I have a tenner accumulator bet, got a win in ufc 109 so hoping this to be the same :) I have picked
    Main Card
    Preliminary Card

Only 2 im kinda worried about is Leben and Maynard

done a 10euro accumulator on diaz, sadollah, escudero, simpson and leben

same as you im not that confident on them 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

mooeire wrote: »
    Can someone point me in the right direction to d/l this pls been searching for ages for WEC 46...

searching for ages? hahahaha, it was only on at about 2am this morning! :eek::rolleyes:

Didn't Diaz submit Maynard during his way to winning TUF?

Devastator wrote: »

I think he did, cause the final was diaz vs stevenson wasn;t it?

Not a fight spoiler but whatever I think it is enough of a shocker to warrant one:
    Randy Couture did an interview talking about his fight with Mark Coleman. They are selling this as a battle of two Hall of Famers, the first time ever (well, first after both are in the Hall of Fame) and that the winner would be in line for a shot at Lyoto Machida. In 2010? The interview was effective I thought. I'm wondering how the masses will react to this match. Will they see it as a battle of legends that's the kind of big deal fight you buy, or as two guys who are too old. It's being promoted well here.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

rovert wrote: »
    Not a fight spoiler but whatever I think it is enough of a shocker to warrant one:
    :eek:
    Fcuking bull****.Neither of them deserve a title shot based on this fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

any highlights from this card? doesn't seem all that exciting. any good fights?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

any highlights from this card? doesn't seem all that exciting. any good fights?

Sadollah vs Blackburn was good
    Lawlor vs Simpson was an excellent fight
    Escudero vs Dunham was a very good fight
    Didnt get to see main event cause Sky+ didnt record it all

3 out of 3 full fights that I saw made for very good entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

That was a really enjoyable card!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 syncsyncboot

Lawlor wuzz robbed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lawlor wuzz robbed

Ah in fairness if he wanted the win he would have capitalized in the 1st round and had it stopped when he had the chance.

I wouldn't say that n fairness, it was a very even fight, lawlor won the first, the second was tough to call it was pretty even and the third was simpsons.

Maybe the judges didn't like lawlors beard :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 thechampishere

almost fell asleep during maynard vs diaz, and as for maynard getting a shot at bj penn, forget it if he's not willing to risk diaz on the ground, that leaves him to stand with bj who would ko him in a round. well imo anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

sonic.trip wrote: »
    I think he did, cause the final was diaz vs stevenson wasn;t it?

nope, he fought Stevenson more recently in a TUF finale show but neither were in that competition. Wasn't Joe Stevenson in 2nd or 3rd series of TUF? I'm sure Diaz didn't fight in TUF until a couple of series later.

Commentators said during Maynard/Diaz fight that Diaz beat him in TUF semi finals.

On point of Maynard fighting BJ, its not going to happen, well not for the time being anyway. Announced yesterday that Frankie Edgar is next up for BJ, think its in Abu Dabi(sp?) Seems nobody out there that looks of any danger at all to BJ in the near future, Maynard certainly didn't look too impressive the other night.

Why didn't Escudaro tap sooner? :eek: It looked like an impossible position to free himself from and was just taking unnecessary punishment. Difficult to watch though IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Lawlor's entrance. Better than who let the dogs out
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbu49m_lawlormania-runnin-wild_sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

nope, he fought Stevenson more recently in a TUF finale show but neither were in that competition. Wasn't Joe Stevenson in 2nd or 3rd series of TUF? I'm sure Diaz didn't fight in TUF until a couple of series later.

Commentators said during Maynard/Diaz fight that Diaz beat him in TUF semi finals.

Stevenson won season 2 of TUF. Diaz and Maynard fought in the semi-finals of season 5 of TUF with Diaz winning by sub. Diaz then beat Manny Gamburyan (now highly ranked WEC featherweight) in the finals.
    On point of Maynard fighting BJ, its not going to happen, well not for the time being anyway. Announced yesterday that Frankie Edgar is next up for BJ, think its in Abu Dabi(sp?) Seems nobody out there that looks of any danger at all to BJ in the near future, Maynard certainly didn't look too impressive the other night.

I agree, Maynard would have no chance against Penn if he performed the way he did against Diaz. I'll be interested to see Edgar fight Penn as his wrestling is very very strong and his jiu jitsu defence is quite good but I still reckon Penn shuts him down inside 3 rounds.
    Why didn't Escudaro tap sooner? :eek: It looked like an impossible position to free himself from and was just taking unnecessary punishment. Difficult to watch though IMO

I guess it must be hard to let your undefeated streak go, especially when you were the favourite going into the fight

Big shock of the night for me was dunham beating escudero, he should of been tko'd in round one but fair play to him he came back into it and done the job, he's one to watch now. Escudero is a fool for not of tapping ealrlier, like its great not to give up but theres a point when serious damage comes into it you tap and fightt better another day!

I'm really suprised in diaz for not trying harder to get maynard to the ground, he should of tried harder in round 2 or 3 when it wasn't going his way. Maynard wouldn't stand a chance against penn, he will knock the bejaysus out of him if he wants to stand up, hasn't a hope on the ground either. If I was a bookies I would be offering 1/6 on penn for that fight

Love lawlors entrance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Efrain did tap. Dan Mirgilotti missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

the diaz fight was very irritating to watch. all that bull**** hands in the air, come on and hit me **** they were doing. that BS is for before the fight not during it dickheads

Advertisement