Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interested in forming a Ski Group???

Options
  • 11-01-2010 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi All,

Just wondering if there is anyone out there in the same bost as me.....really want to go skiing this season but can't seem to get people interested coz of the cost etc. Im what I would like to think of as an intermediate skier, in my mid twenties and single. Just interested in getting a good weeks skiing in and have a bit of a laugh.

Anyone interested???....was thinkin round paddys week or maybe earlier in March?

Cheers,
    Humble Spud

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Im a boarder but i would be interested as long as costs are low.. and a decent resort... Cant really spend too much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Humble Spud

Nice one.....well I'm open to suggestions?? I hear...Livigno, Zermatt are decent for that time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

The Irish snow champs is on St Patrick's week in Les 2 Alpes, good fun, packages deals should be cheap and lots of like minded people to ski/board with, you can also compete if you want a bit of fun, there is a sticky thread on it at the top of this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 trustmelad

yeah, sounds like your in the same boat as me, i havin been on my board in over a year so im itching to get back out.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

The Irish snow champs is on St Patrick's week in Les 2 Alpes, good fun, packages deals should be cheap and lots of like minded people to ski/board with, you can also compete if you want a bit of fun, there is a sticky thread on it at the top of this forum.

ah you beat me to it! i'm sure mr paul harte will be on about this as well - really good week! love the resort and theres always a good crowd at it, really going to try and make it out to l2a for a day or two this year for it, gotta try to get around work in morzine first.. cant complain too much though, im doing a season! :-)

• Advertisement

Cheers for that...would definitely be up for that...I'm not a pro so would probably go over there with the intention of just skiin not competing (don't think I'm at that level yet). How many on average would go and is it block booked?Also would most people know each other already or is it open to new comers?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

You can get a feel for it in this clip

Everyone is welcome, a big crowd from all over the place so easy to mingle, once you enjoy snow you'll have a great time! There's availability, it's a big resort, paulharte is the main organiser so he can give you more info if you PM him. If you want to meet some of them come to Freestyle Fridays at Kiltiernan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Reney

Hey,

Just wondering if you guys ever got a group together? Myself and my 3 friends have booked the first week of March off work for a ski hol but we haven't booked anything yet in the hope of getting something a little cheaper in Feb. Our group is completely mixed ability from absolute beginner up to intermediate/advanced so I was hoping we could team up with a few more people and/or a group to have a few more ski buddies at the same levels. I've been to Zell am See before and it's a really good resort for mixed levels of skiers, it's reasonably priced and the apres ski is good too. Haven't been to Soll before but considering it also. Was in Livigno last year so won't be going back again so soon. If you've booked anywhere that same week or fancy heading to the same resort let me know and I'll keep you posted on where we end up going. We're all mid twenties and good apres ski is a must for us also!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

I'm heading to Zell am See with my girlfriend on the 6th march for a week. If conditions are really good i'll be boarding, otherwise skiing. It will only be my second season boarding but would consider myself a decent skier. My gf will be skiing regardless and she should be getting to grips with parallel turns by the end of the week. So she's only a beginner really. We'd be intrested in meeting up with some like minded characters over there too, if thats where you decide to head to...

directski.ie doing a package to a pensions, b&b for 530/550.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 paddy jack

Just back from Austria Skiing, but would like to head off again week beginning either 27th March or 3th April. Am single and wondering are there any like minded single people that would like to head off for a week. Would like to book last minute to get cheap holiday but am open to location. I am an intermediate skier and would be looking to advance as much as possible while there. also like to get the balance right and enjoy the apres ski....

• Advertisement

I was looking into this a while ago too. If you look back through the threads you will see about 5/6 people in the same boat. A couple of threads had been started looking for likeminded skiers/snowboarders for a trip. But I don't think anybody commited to anything.

I'm going with my brother 20th feb and again with my GF on the 6th March, but would like to get another week in.
    She is away at the moment and I'd have to ask her permission after we get back on the 13th March
    :o. It would have to be very cheap for me to go also.

So stick my name down provisionally for 27th March. I'm an intermediate skier and beginner snowboarder(aiming for intermediate boarder by end of the seaon).

Hi, am interested, dont really care wot da plan is as long as its good skiing, pls stay in touch

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'd be interested in joining up with a group as well.

Anywhere would be fine for me, but cheaper is obviously better. As for dates I'd actually be better with as short a notice as possible as I can't plan too far ahead right now, there are a couple of dates I'd not be able for though.

Hey...I'd still be interested in goin skiin and getting a group together, I'd be easy enough on dates only concern is the amount on snow around at the emd of March beginning of April...would it not be a bit too late?

Hey...I'd still be interested in goin skiin and getting a group together, I'd be easy enough on dates only concern is the amount on snow around at the emd of March beginning of April...would it not be a bit too late?

It looks like it will be a decent enough winter for snow so late march should be fine. So thats 4 people intrested?

So how about this...

Put your name down followed by dates available and we see where we can all fit in?

Mmmm_Lemony(Alex) Skiing (intermediate) or Boarding (Beginner)
    20th-27th March
    27th-03rd April

Humble Spud - Skiing (intermediate)
    Mid March onwards

Hi,

I'm certainly interested in goin but wud be mored geared for end march early april, keep me informed.

Thx

Méribel Valley, France ***
    Résidence Cybèle (Self-Catering)
    Recently refurbished, these bright, comfortable and pleasing apartments offer exceptional value for money. The apartments are well located only 600m from the Olympe cable car (linking Méribel and the 3 Vallées slopes in ...

Getting There:
    Sat 27th Mar 2010: Depart Dublin 13:45 - Arrive Geneva 16:45
    Sat 03rd Apr 2010: Depart Geneva 17:40 - Arrive Dublin 18:50

Coach transfer from Geneva: 3 hours 30 min

Current Deals:
    Was €619, you save 37%
    WEB FARE

27 Mar 2010
    for 7 Nights
    from
    €389

Just did a quick search for cheapest trip on 27th came up with this. Purely to see whats on offer. Hopefully it will get even cheaper closer to the date. This works about right for me, obviously the cheaper the better, but I'm not sure I could go more than 350/400 for the package.

I never thought to ask, but I am assuming everyone is flying from dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭paulharte

Get on the champs buzz, we had a few ppl last year who didn't know anyone beforehand, its all good!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkaIoMXvusE

Check out the video

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭paulharte

(if you are quick, crystal have packages to the champs for e200, shhhhhh)

• Advertisement

Looks like great craic but I'm only flying back from Zell am See on the 13th. Will check it out next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Looks like great craic but I'm only flying back from Zell am See on the 13th. Will check it out next year!

+1 I'm skiing from the 1st~8th march, but will pencil this in for next year..........the intermediate slalom :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mr Ed

Hi guys,

I'd be interested mid march onwards. Intermediate skier heading to Austria end of Feb for a few days but looking ot get away again.

Tnx

Hey, so have we some people still interested in a week of skiing round the end of March. Should probably start looking at definite numbers and resorts??

Hi all,

I think wot we shoud do is come up with a date and we can confirm numbers etc, We can all go and then pick a resort that suits our pockets.

Wot do ye think?

27th March for me.

Yeah 27th March sounds good or earlier in the month!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

I woud be interested in this group too.ive already bookd my second trip to Soll this year but think its a great idea.The group i usually go with can only make 1 trip a year due to commitments and im always dying to go again before the season ends.Great idea and will defo be interested next season

Gud i think at da mo we have its dependent on 2 weeks so, we either goin on

mar 20th or mar 27th. we have three definintes so...

humble spud
    mmm...lem
    myself

any more interested????????????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mr Ed

Count me in as well

Advertisement