Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA 2010 New Jersey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Really couldn't care less what the jersey looks like. It's the performances on the pitch that I want to be decent.

Jerseys never won a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dellboydub

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Really couldn't care less what the jersey looks like. It's the performances on the pitch that I want to be decent.

tp be honest its not as bas as i taught its a lot better than last years jesery

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

A navy or white Vodaphone logo would have looked so much better.As much as i didn't like last years jersey i'd take it anyday over that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

namloc1980 wrote: »
    agree that the red looks stupid. but vodafones corporate colours are red and nowadays money talks!!! jersey is ok. not great just ok.

Yeah and arnotts colour is either yellow or white depending on where you gauge it from but it was black on the jersey, it is because voda is red i get that but for blending in purposes the blue could have been done, it would still say vodafone it being in blue wouldnt make it invisible like
    Bluetonic wrote: »

Good point though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

No offense lads but red over the light blue looks absolutely horrible. It's like a kid cut out the logo from a newspaper and stuck it on using pritstick, it just doesn't look right at all. Why couldn't they adapt the logo by replacing the red with the same navy blue you have on the collar and sleeves? 3 changed their logo to suit our new jersey so I can't see why vodafone wouldn't follow suit. It's not anyone wouldn't recognise the logo either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

The colours are completely clashing. Bring back Arnotts! :P

But as usual, kits take a while to get used to and i'm sure we'll love it this time in september when we're lifting the trophy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Much much much better than last year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Vodafone would have been better pumping their cash into the Garden County.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I await The Heralds headline of "Bad Reception For New Dubs Jersey" ;)

dcr22B wrote: »
    I think it's a lovely jersey and a helluva better than that horrible soccer style jersey we had in 2009.

I thought that 2009 template was very nice. This 2010 jersey has a classic style look about it bar of course the red vodafone logo. clare had vodafone from 02 to 06 and they didn't go with the red theme dont forget.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Mayor Adam West

Pretty nice!
    Not really worried about the sponsor on it. It's fine!
    Nice design. Far nicer than 2009's effort.
    Ugh.
    Anyhow hopefully the hurlers can go another step this year!!:D
    As for the footballers.....i daren't think at this stage....!!
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭howiya

I thought that 2009 template was very nice. This 2010 jersey has a classic style look about it bar of course the red vodafone logo. clare had vodafone from 02 to 06 and they didn't go with the red theme dont forget.

vodafone are spending a lot more on this sponsorship than they did when they sponsored clare

couldn't give a sh1t about the colour. great deal for the County Board

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Looks quite nice, don't mind the red and blue clashing, nice neck cut. And I invariably think GAA jerseys look like ****e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Tis a poor effort methinks

Nothing new.............................

Fairplay to the sponsorship though from Vodafone

What about those winkers on res dubs :rolleyes:

howiya wrote: »
    vodafone are spending a lot more on this sponsorship than they did when they sponsored clare.

goes without saying really. the advertising exposure from the huge jersey sales.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

With the investment and the whole design thing u think the brains behind this whole deal could come up with a better jersey

F_200704_April13tvGO_32509a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

I like the new jersey, not sure yet if I'm willing to shell €60 on it again after a new one last year as well, but as always I most probably inevitably will! As for Vodafone and the red on the jersey, if the pay that amount of money we can't be fussy about the colours, and red is their colour it's obviously going to be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

I like it. I did think Vodafone would let Dublin alter the colour of the logo (as they've done in the past in other sponsorship deals) but no matter. Have to get one shipped over to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

the bigger question really is will this sponsorship change the face of the game. Will dublin be the dominant team by the end of the decade. Personally i think its a huge opportunity for us to lay down roots at under age structure and if we get it right we could be the next kilkenny or Kerry in terms of success.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

it would have been cool if 02 was the sponsor, that would have blended better.

what makes it ok, is the fact that the design of the jersey is lovely, loving that retro look, its that alone thats helping me over come the red vodafone.

all that aside, what worries me is, what will the red look like on the normal white away jersey?? will it look very like tyrone.

anyone know when its out ? how much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

how much?

All new O'Neills jerseys for 2010 released so far have been €60 (adult size).....presume this one will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ayup

Is it out yet ?
    i want to get one for me fella,
    they are lovely...

how much are the arnotts jerseys going for now?

how much are the arnotts jerseys going for now?

Well i went to o'neills factory shop in strabane (tyrone) randomly a few weeks ago and the gear was on sale jerseys were 15 each so about €20-25 i would reckon, as for in arnotts themselves i wouldnt know

Not bad value at all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

They were 20 in Arnotts when I was last in there 2 weeks ago with a full selection of sizes available

Not bad value at all really.

Well it was bad on the oul wallet anyway, i went in for a new pair of gloves when i was on the road to Dublin one weekend a few weeks ago. Went in and when i saw the prices i got two jerseys(30 quid), a Dublin fleece(20 quid) and a big heavy Dublin jacket(20 quid)

And i forgot to get a new pair of bleedin gloves!!!! :o:D

GAAman wrote: »
    Well it was bad on the oul wallet anyway, i went in for a new pair of gloves when i was on the road to Dublin one weekend a few weeks ago. Went in and when i saw the prices i got two jerseys(30 quid), a Dublin fleece(20 quid) and a big heavy Dublin jacket(20 quid)

And i forgot to get a new pair of bleedin gloves!!!! :o:D
    Never known a pair of gloves to keep me warm. Wonder will see a rake of people switching over now that Vodafone are sponsoring dubs. People can be funny that way ;)

Never known a pair of gloves to keep me warm. Wonder will see a rake of people switching over now that Vodafone are sponsoring dubs. People can be funny that way ;)

Not for warmth for grip, i used to just use my spit and swore by it used a pair of gloves cos i damaged a thumb and it held the splint in place, havent looked back since :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 JUSTONE

I remain on the fence about the new Dublin jersey confused.gif but I ordered one all the same from elverys.ie. Hope I'm still wearing it on September 19th rolleyes.gif

Advertisement