Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women in high heels

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

God no I love it when my girlfriend wear her heels :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I'm 5' 0'', but most of the time I wear heels no more than 2''. I couldn't get through a full day in work if I had higher ones on.

At night I might go to 3'' heels, but only if there was no significant walking to be done.

I despise platforms. They make me think more orthopedic than elegant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭window_licker

That_Guy wrote: »

Something like this can't be good for your feet no matter how stylish they look.

Why wouldnt they be god for your feet? there just your average heels?
    I love my heels, and always wear them on a night out, Im not one of these girls who brings flat shoes in her bag lol, if anybody tried to tell me i looked trashy in my heels, well, id take them off, but only to embed them in the back of their head :P Damn, i really am a lady :O:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

if anybody tried to tell me i looked trashy in my heels, well, id take them off, but only to embed them in the back of their head :P Damn, i really am a lady :O:rolleyes:

Someone calls you trashy and you prove them wrong by stabbing them with a stilleto!? Brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i'm a heel hater too ha.

as for people who try to claim they are actually just as comfy as flat shoes..who are you kidding?! you don't have to be an engineer to look at them and know they are not designed to be comfortable! there's a reason slippers are flat!!

even apart from the discomfort aspect, I don't think they are sexy or cute...i think they look goofy [especially the ones with pointed toes -yuck!] and old fashioned, conventional... i dunno, just the opposite of sexy and just reallly doesn't do it for me. hard to explain but something seems fake and just uncool about 'em. just don't get the ....point. [ahem].

• Advertisement

something seems fake and just uncool about 'em.

I agree 100% with that, when I was a young teenager my big sis always had me convinced straight away that runners etc were way cooler than heels and mini skirts. I much prefer a casual, trendy or just more laid back look too to the high maintenance manicured uber girlie look, it seems very contrived to me like fake nails, straightened hair etc.. lifes too short and we're all going to get old and wrinkly eventually anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I'm female. I wear heals all the time because I'm small. However, I have a very limited shoe collection because I try to find comfortable heals and it is possible. The one I have bought that hurt rarely see the light of day. My heals vary form being 2" - 4" obviously the higher ones for going out etc.

khrystyna100 it is possible to wear heals without being a wanta be WAG type of girl.

For those of you who think they look trashy does that not depend on the entire outfit, hair, make-up etc?

mood wrote: »
    khrystyna100 it is possible to wear heals without being a wanta be WAG type of girl.

For those of you who think they look trashy does that not depend on the entire outfit, hair, make-up etc?

Ya it is but the two do tend to go hand in hand more often than not.

The majority of women I know who wear heals are not at all like that but I suppose if you look around a night club you get that impression.

mood wrote: »
    The majority of women I know who wear heals are not at all like that but I suppose if you look around a night club you get that impression.

Ya I'm not referring to women who wear them to work or a wedding etc.. I'm talking about recreational foot abuse just for the hell of it in clubs etc. The context matters alright.

• Advertisement

Ya I'm not referring to women who wear them to work or a wedding etc.. I'm talking about recreational foot abuse just for the hell of it in clubs etc. The context matters alright.

Yes. My point exactly... the whole outfit etc obviously will or will not give a trashy look not just the shoe/heal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Im a woman and I hate them. But I do think they look sexy when worn with confidence.

I just cant walk in them. Reason for hating them.

I would love to be able to wear them going out as Im fairly short and they look handy when standing at a bar trying to get served!

I wear flat shoes going out and I they look nice on me just as heels look nice on another girl as both shoe wearers feel comfortable in what they are wearing.

But I also dont think I could wear shoes that hurt me either. Id end up taking them off and wearing no shoes. And thats not fun.

So Im all for the flats im afraid.

if anybody tried to tell me i looked trashy in my heels, well, id take them off, but only to embed them in the back of their head :P Damn, i really am a lady :O:rolleyes:

This made me think of you :pac:
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100211/tuk-man-stabbed-in-eye-with-stiletto-6323e80.html

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Are you for real?? shooting down our femininity? haha. A woman shouldnt have to wear heels just so a guy like yourself can say.. oh i dont like them.. we wear heels for ourselves.. cos perhaps we like them / they go with our outfits etc etc.. its not just so guys can look at us and pass remarks!

Fair enough you prob dont know a monolo Blahnik from a louboutin - but dont be putting us down and calling us slightly trashy / slutty for having an appreciation for nice things!

maybe we dont like your choice of shoes or shirt.. but we arnt writing a thread about it!

Am I the only one who doesn't like it? I just think girls look slightly trashy/slutty in high heels. Yes, I know they all wear them, nut I don't like it. Anyone with me?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I think high heels suit some girls and dont suit others, some girls just look good in them, confident, sexy and elegant, others look like they are struggling to walk, almost nervous and its shows.

Personally, if a girl has nice legs, high heels defo enhance them, elongate them and I wouldn't discourage a girl from wearing them if they feel comfortable in them. However if I was with a girl who is wearing heels for the sake of it and isn't particularly comfortable wearing them, I would ask her why is she bothering?

Its all about what they are comfortable in not conforming to a look just to fit it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭madduke

lads and ladies high heels are just super sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DubiousDude

Am I the only one who doesn't like it? I just think girls look slightly trashy/slutty in high heels. Yes, I know they all wear them, nut I don't like it. Anyone with me?

I didn't read through this whole thread but just from the opening post I can say that I like a slightly trashy/slutty look. It looks sexy to me. The 'good, sweet girl' type look bores me. I always encourage my woman to dress that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I say if a woman likes wearing high heels and they're comfortable and/or they make her feel confident that's great. But there's nothing worse than seeing a woman who can't handle walking in high heels or having to slow down because your partner can't walk at a normal pace in her high heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kotva

the problem is dear boys and girls, that most of them(girls) wearing high hills to large (size) and they look just stupid. They can't walk in it, it just inposible, and another problem: nearly all of them can't match her hight hills to the dress:P

Advertisement