Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Part 2 (Eagle says Polar Low) Wednesday/Thursday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

derekh wrote: »
    Just on to a friend in North Sligo she said its snowing but "its only pissy snow not snow snow"

its not so long ago pissy snow would of been welcomed with open arms,

how the times have changed, give them a sausage and they want the pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Johnny1999 wrote: »
    lots of activity in the Irish sea, I wonder if that will make landfall?:D

In short, no.

Maybe in Pembroke though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

dublincelt wrote: »
    Villain, I am a few KM's from you in Carlow town. Is that a correct reading?!
    Presently -6.3C on Browneshill Road. What a difference, I have your weather station page saved as a tab in Firefox, I view it every day and it is great by the way.

Graiguecullen here, I'm only reading a miserable :p -4.4c. Although it is pretty still out there, was going to put a fan into the Stevenson during the summer, regret it now! :rolleyes:

whats the lowest temp. ever recorded in ireland?

villian could beat it i would say

The lowest air temperature was -19.1°C measured at Markree Castle, Co. Sligo on 16th January 1881 while the lowest observed 20th century air temperature was -18.8°C recorded at Lullymore, Co. Kildare on 2nd January 1979

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

The lowest air temperature was -19.1°C measured at Markree Castle, Co. Sligo on 16th January 1881 while the lowest observed 20th century air temperature was -18.8°C recorded at Lullymore, Co. Kildare on 2nd January 1979. The lowest observed grass minimum temperature was -19.6°C at Dublin (Glasnevin) on 12th January 1982 which was almost matched by the -19.5°C measured at Lullymore, Co. Kildare on 2nd January 1979.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

there saying it will be -20 in Scotland tonight and my be heading your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

fintonie wrote: »
    its not so long ago pissy snow would of been welcomed with open arms,

how the times have changed, give them a sausage and they want the pig.

Yup, We're never happy

Leeside wrote: »
    Sky news are forecasting snow for the west coast tomorrow and predicting it will hit Cork and Kerry also. Also, massive show for Sunday. I don't have a great deal of confidence in Sky but there you are. I'd be happy to be wrong.

Met Eireann say different! :p
    SATURDAY and SUNDAY will both be bright and mostly dry with moderate northeast winds, which will push some wintry showers of hail, sleet or snow on to Ulster and Leinster coasts. Winds will become mostly easterly through Sunday night and Monday with wintry showers becoming more prevalent on east and south coasts, while the rest of the country will be mostly dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Going by my itouch it's -6 here in N. Donegal. Can that be relied upon at all? Looks lovely n white outside and I THINK we've had a little flurry in the last hour or so. I've been glued to this bl**dy thread for so long I forgot that there was actual real life going on :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

In county Sligo -19.1c

• Advertisement

-6.8c now. Come on -7.0 before midnight, you can do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Kilkenny is the nearest historical station and its record is -14.1 degrees Celsius on 2 January 1979.

I have hit -12.8c but Met wouldn't accept anyway

minus 6c here now. Being 9 miles from the atlantic, that is impressive. Lowest I can remember in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

according to the bbc weather just now it looks like only costal areas of mayo, clare and parts of kerry and cork are going to get snow tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Its double sock time.

Oh incase ppl think its a one off, this is from the NRA:
    N81 Baltinglass Jan 06, 22:40 -11.7° C.

Rodar08 wrote: »
    Going by my itouch it's -6 here in N. Donegal. Can that be relied upon at all? Looks lovely n white outside and I THINK we've had a little flurry in the last hour or so. I've been glued to this bl**dy thread for so long I forgot that there was actual real life going on :p

Depends on where your itouch gets its info from, its usually Accuweather? I think.... could be right.

Have a look here, thats a pretty reliable indication of temps:
    http://www.irelandsweather.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Its double sock time.
    Ive been doing that for a week now :D

Villain wrote: »
    Kilkenny is the nearest historical station and its record is -14.1 degrees Celsius on 2 January 1979.

I have hit -12.8c but Met wouldn't accept anyway

Claremorris hit -17c in Feb 1969 also.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Met Eireann say different! :p

Well Met Eireann change there minds maybe 4 or 5 times a day , so its all up in the air until we get a little closer

• Advertisement

Dublin Airport -6c
    Casement -8c

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

You just hit -12.9 on your site now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Villains temp reading just got a mention on newstalk.

-6.9c now. So close, yet so far away...

according to the bbc weather just now it looks like only costal areas of mayo, clare and parts of kerry and cork are going to get snow tomorrow.
    video here
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

Villains temp reading just got a mention on newstalk.
    What did they say Billy?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Dont forget good aul Newbridge with a temp of -10.3 and road temp of -7.5 from the NRA site (Newbridge Bypass)

The site I use is reporting it as -6.5 with a DP of -8

http://homepage.eircom.net/~osprey/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Ah sugar!!!:( was getting ready to launch the 2010 snowman design from the house of Eskimocat...Sorry all will have to catch the next one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Daniel O Donnel

Looks like we will be snowed in tomorrow again in Letterkenny. It is really heavy now:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

What did they say Billy?

there is a green party member in studio, someone texted in a message directed at that green mentioning that it was minus 12 in Tullow, and post scripted it with "global warming me arse."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement