Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling the Connor Pass

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

ROK ON wrote: »
    The highest pass in Kerry is Priest Leap...followed by Borlin Valley.

Jezz, I haven't seen a land grab like that since the middle east exploded!!

While I would consider the Preists Leap to be a Cork feature it is shared with Kerry, though the good part is in Cork. However the Borlin Valley is as Red and White as is possible....... bloody kerrymen, keep your hands off our land!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Jezz, I haven't seen a land grab like that since the middle east exploded!!

While I would consider the Preists Leap to be a Cork feature it is shared with Kerry, though the good part is in Cork.
    The harder (steeper) part is most certainly in Kerry although the Cork side offers a more sustained longer climb up from sea level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭adodsk

Anyone tackled Minaun Heights on Achill? Driven up it a few times and it looks like a real killer - the car brakes are burning coming down it for sure.

Would love to have a crack at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

@Bould. Have to disagree on the Borlin. The peak of the climb (just like Priests Leap) is the border between both counties. Actually the peak of Borlin, Leap CahaPass and HealyPass all marks the border between Cork and Kerry. Actually that would make a great route for a race or sportif.

@Blorg. You are very much correct. Priest Leap is significantly easier from the Cork side ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

Well, I suppose if we have to share with the Rebs we at least get the best bits ;)

• Advertisement

I had a very clever retort typed out but it timed out and I lost it...:mad: it was something to do with Cork being great etc etc.

@ROK, that would be a killer route, a great figure of 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

We should arrange it as a core kerry boardsie spin when the thaw comes. Are ye free in Aug 2012?

Why not... a nice recovery ride the next stage up to Cork, this is a very senic route back to Lee Side... A patch work of these and we'll have real route....

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Eastbound out of Dingle over The Conor gets my no.1 vote

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Roadtoad wrote: »
    Eastbound out of Dingle over The Conor gets my no.1 vote

Nah, the main road between Abbeyfeale and Castleisland - about 16km of broken rolling hill (~6.5km making up the primary climb) before dropping into Castleisland. That 6.5km is boring as hell.

• Advertisement

No offence to the midland boys and girls but cycling around the main roads of Westmeath is, well, its flat and really boring..... everywhere.:o

Advertisement