Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary Photo Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Very nice pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

7071536663_5efd9dcb52_c.jpg
    Tranquil scene on the shores of Lough Derg. Castletown, Portroe.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

Fionn wrote: »
    haven't been around in a while - but keeping the photos going.
    heres one of Gladstone Street, in better weather.

Gladstone_St.jpg

:)

Sorry to quote this pic, but does anyone know the history behind the old pharmacy (No.23, the shop closest to the photographer in the picture)?

I grew up in Clonmel and I always wondered about that building. It always seemed to be stuck in a timewarp. I always thought the shop front and signage looked really classy and looked like nothing had changed since the 20's.

• Advertisement

wayne0308 wrote: »
    Sorry to quote this pic, but does anyone know the history behind the old pharmacy (No.23, the shop closest to the photographer in the picture)?

I grew up in Clonmel and I always wondered about that building. It always seemed to be stuck in a timewarp. I always thought the shop front and signage looked really classy and looked like nothing had changed since the 20's.

Would be nice if it was renovated however keeping all the old signage etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

wayne0308 wrote: »

Some info about it in the Clonmel thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

haven't posted a photograph in a while - here's an old favourite!

main-guard.jpg

this and a few more can be seen at a exhibition in South Tipperary Arts Centre, Nelson St. soon.
    see the website http://www.southtipparts.com
    this is open to all photogrpahers, the closing date has been extended to to 4pm Sat 01 Dec 2012.

• Advertisement

Fionn wrote: »
    haven't posted a photograph in a while - here's an old favourite!

main-guard.jpg

Lovely building but must be one of the longest restoration projects i can ever remember. I remember it was boarded off at the front with the walkway around the late 1980s when i was a young nipper in primary school if not even beforehand.

Out of curiosity how much was pumped into it and how long did it actually take? I would definately bet it spanned 3 decades and also there seemed to be fúck all building activity going on for most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Fionn, has the pic of the Main Guard been doctored? That looks like a completely different colour tone.

the photograph was taken in July so there was good light, i did enhance it a little by adding a HDR (high dynamic range) filter to it to bring out the detail of the stonework and a small bit of saturation, thats about it.

i cant remember how long the place was boarded up but i can remember having a pint there on a few occasions when it was Cooneys pub - thats quite a while ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

For St.Patricks weekend the OPW have changed the colour of the illumination lights on their sites from white to green. It was done in 26 of their sites. This is the first time it was done. I took a few pics of Cahir Castle lit up in green. It looks really well, and has attracted a lot of interest, especially from photographers.

cahircastle3.jpg
    cahircastle2.jpg
    cahircastle1x.jpg

not strictly photography, but it has some photographs!!!

If that's anything to do with Ray Darcy that's a good enough reason not to watch it :)

• Advertisement

patsday2013_zps596968e8.jpg
    The Mayor of Reading UK - Cllr Jenny Rynn speaking in the Town Hall after the St. Patrick's Day Parade.
    I wonder what will happen to the Town Hall after the Borough Council is abolished?

church_zps47248eda.jpg
    Infrared photograph of St's. Peter & Paul church.

[URL="[URL=http://s55.photobucket.com/user/poulmucka/media/DSC_0429.jpg.html][IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g151/poulmucka/DSC_0429.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]DSC_0429.jpg
    The movie crew for the film Moonfleet are filming in Cahir Castle today. It is due to be shown on Sky on Christmas day and Stehpen day, I am told.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

^ ^

Yup, saw a few photos of friends on Facebook with Ray Winstone earlier today, looks fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I climbed Tountinna yesterday and you are all so lucky with the spectacular views all around, especially so overlooking Lough Derg :)

The Views in the images underneath are of and from the 'Millenium Cross'

7CF0B471B2D4413EAAE1C5A85B13C5EC-0000359217-0003292777-00500L-18D34FF87CA84847976718259930BAEC.jpg
    A0A252A9AABB449A895969CAD139E912-0000359217-0003292767-00500L-3F1651A6C1E945D8B182004E69C466D0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I climbed Tountinna yesterday and you are all so lucky with the spectacular views all around, especially so overlooking Lough Derg :)

The Views in the images underneath are of and from the 'Millenium Cross'

7CF0B471B2D4413EAAE1C5A85B13C5EC-0000359217-0003292777-00500L-18D34FF87CA84847976718259930BAEC.jpg
    A0A252A9AABB449A895969CAD139E912-0000359217-0003292767-00500L-3F1651A6C1E945D8B182004E69C466D0.jpg

Did you take any photos of the remains of Fr Macs cross while you were up there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Did you take any photos of the remains of Fr Macs cross while you were up there ?

In short, no.

I'm preparing myself for Mountain Skills 2 and Assessment. During Tountinna I had marked tick-off points for myself and the Millenium Cross & Graves of the Leinstermen were two.
    Yesterday when the pain kicked in with my back & legs I lost focus and missed a different tick-off so had to re-focus; re-trace; get my timings/pacing correct again which was easy with the weather yesterday but on another day, would not have been as easy. I'm sure their are other tick-off points aside from Fr. Macs Cross that were not on my pre-planned list that I missed also though.

I just had different plans and different focus on my trek yesterday, but if I return I will look-out for that cross and post some pictures though :)

The movie crew for the film Moonfleet are filming in Cahir Castle today. It is due to be shown on Sky on Christmas day and Stehpen day, I am told.

The Movie Barry Lyndon starring Ryan O'Neal was filmed around Cahir Castle back in the 70s.

My dad who was in the army was one of the many extras used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Some old photos of Cahir here, https://www.facebook.com/cahirhistory

I particularly like the one of Davy Fitzgerald forking the hay while
    Cahir Park House burned in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Saxobank

tmm-9-1.jpg
    Main Guard at Night, by JCR Photos.
    http://www.facebook.com/jcrphotos1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

In December 2010, I managed to get a couple of good photographs of Tipperary during the coldest weather in recent times

This one was taken at Limerick Junction Railway Station close to Tipperary Town
    g3yh.jpg

This second one was taken at Golden close to Cashel Town
    q8la.jpg

This photograph is Rock of Cashel
    e6wt.jpg

Advertisement