Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best show of the decade?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I wouldn't classify Kima as a particularly butch lesbian! She was one of the boys for sure, but I'd suspect this is the case for a lot of women detectives.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Has to be Spooks, absolute quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I know it only a comedy but Peep Show was/is absolute perfection and would go down as best show of the decade in my books.

Honourable mentions for Black Books, Arrested Development, The Sopranos and The Wire.

Irish show of the decade goes to Paths to Freedom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Loads - it was a great decade for television. But in particular for me:

Damages (with Glenn Close, William Hurt, Ted Danson and a couple of guys from The Wire - Sopranos writers also involved). An undeservedly overlooked show.

Arrested Development

Shameless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

top gear and curb your enthusiasm

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Elmo wrote: »
    Why elaborate on something that is purely nitpicking an accomplished series? I said I didn't want to and I won't, someone else can have that task if they really want it. The Wire has too many positives to nitpick its few problems.

As they dont make any sense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:eek: Has no one mentioned Trailer Park Boys, without doubt the best show of the decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

My name is earl or futurama cant believe they didnt finish out my name is earl after the cliffhanger ending to series 4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Dudess wrote: »
    Damages (with Glenn Close, William Hurt, Ted Danson and a couple of guys from The Wire - Sopranos writers also involved). An undeservedly overlooked show.

Spot on. Fantastic show!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

rovert wrote: »
    As they dont make any sense

Nitpicking never makes sense. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Ive never seen the Wire so i cant comment on it, but for me the best shows ive seen of the 00's are:

Lost
    The Sopranos
    Prison Break
    Entourage

I recently watched season 1 of Supernatural too, thought it was brilliant :)

Band of brothers is probably the best thing that was on TV this decade, but alas its a mini-series. still worth a mention though

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Coconut Joe

West Wing/Arrested Development

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Mackman wrote: »
    Ive never seen the Wire so i cant comment on it, but for me the best shows ive seen of the 00's are:

Lost
    The Sopranos
    Prison Break
    Entourage

I recently watched season 1 of Supernatural too, thought it was brilliant :)

Band of brothers is probably the best thing that was on TV this decade, but alas its a mini-series. still worth a mention though

Prison Break only really had one great season..season 2 was good..season 3 average and 4 poor. People will say the same about Lost But I think only season 3 was average the rest have been excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Dudess wrote: »

Arrested Development

Its like you're in my head -

Top of the bunch for me is Damages - absolutely hooked

Arrested Development - complete diamond, never given a proper chance

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

dexter
    prison break (apart from the last season)
    sopranos
    24 (apart from the last two seasons)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

For me.

Seinfeld
    Curb
    The Larry Sanders Show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 morningbright

Dispite the existence of television 'stars' such as Derek Accorah, Noel Edmonds and Jeremy Kyle. The quality of television in the 00's far exceeds those of prevision decades. The propagation of cable and satellite channels at the rate of rutting bunny rabbits, has throw up sewer loads of unbearable, unwatchable sh1t. But television drama, comedy, science fiction documentaries etc have become more sophisticated. The question is what was the best television show of the decade. This has been the decade of best television shows. So I cant choose.
    A more interesting question is what is the worst piece of sh1t on telly. There is a similar level of competition for this acolade

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sheehy898

I loved

The west wing
    Chuck

As regards the worst tv shows

Deal or No Deal
    The x factor
    Big brother
    Just reality tv in general

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 morningbright

Any show that plays on peoples superstitions or weaknesses discust me,

Most Haunted
    Crossing over
    (the people involve should be flade)

The swan
    Extreme Make over
    You are what you eat

Jeremy Kyle (words cannot discribe the loathing he fills me with)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Its Prison Break and 24 for me...Only just finished series 5 of 24..I've read bad reports about 6..Is it worth buying??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

For me it's a toss up between Curb and Breaking Bad...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

SPACED

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

SPACED

Date fail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

smuckers wrote: »
    For me.

Seinfeld
    Curb
    The Larry Sanders Show

Seinfeld and Larry Sanders are great but wrong decade...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

hitman79 wrote: »
    Its Prison Break and 24 for me...Only just finished series 5 of 24..I've read bad reports about 6..Is it worth buying??

No
    not imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭ucdmike

hitman79 wrote: »

Yeah it's still worth getting. While it would be considered by most to be the weakest season of 24 its still much better than most shows on TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The Wire

The West Wing

Battlestar Galactica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

For drama, I'd have to say Six Feet Under just about edges it for me. The Sopranos and The West Wing come a close second and third though.
    I haven't seen enough of The Wire to judge it properly, though I did really like the first season. Have seasons 2-4 ready to be watched at some point.

Comedy wise, Arrested Development can't be touched imo. Flight of the Conchords, 30 Rock, Black Books and Scrubs (before it went crap) are all brilliant, but AD is in a league of its own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The Sopranos: it had it all. Great acting first and foremost; great writing; great plots; great setting..... Everything was just so top drawer. Nothing was sacred or not shown. It was utterly realistic (the only thing, according to the producers, that was not was the amount of killing/violence; that was overstated) and featured some of the most memorable and quotable characters ever.

Peter "Paulie Walnuts" Gualtieri is a legend of a man; Ralph "Ralphie" Cifaretto a close second. And who could forget the likes of Silvio Dante, Christopher Moltisanti, Salvatore "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero, Corrado "Junior" Soprano or even Robert "Bobba Bacala" Baccalieri? All superbly written and acted characters, all of whom I'll never forget.

And of course, the big man himself... Anthony "Tony" Soprano, played with beautiful menace and sensitivity by James Gandolfini.

I'm leaving out so many actors and their characters, but my favourite TV Show of all time could take up years of my life.

The Sopranos (1999-2007); television is so much richer for having known thee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

My favourite was Boston Legal.

Advertisement