Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That "fit into pair of jeans" pic on Special K TV ads is terrible!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

Cheerilee wrote: »
    lost three stone in 6 months eating special K twice a day, granted cut out all additional high calorie foods but it did work.. but it was a combination..and weight stayed off

But you may as well have been eating Frosties and it would still have worked... actually Frosties have less fat than Special K so you would have reached your goal sooner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Lux23 wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe that anyone who has ever been on a diet believes that there is a quick way to lose weight.

Of course there is a quick way to lose weight. Low fat, low sugar diet and lots of exercise. In reality most weight loss diets work brilliantly, you just have to stick to them and exercise.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Bought a box of Skecial K once. Got to say, the box tasted better than the cereal, and was less calories too.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Antbert

Bugnug wrote: »
    Thats very sinical. A lot of people out there do care about being healthy. I am not saying they should be eating special K but its wrong to say that all people who are interested in being healthy and slim are just image obsessed. I know a lot of men and women that work very hard at staying fit and healthy, its not something you are born with. A small minority of lazy people out there are far to quick to label healthy people with being self obsessed. Its more in my opinion to do with long and healthy lives for themselves and their families.
    Do you buy Cosmo?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Milky Moo wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind but Kellogs brand it the diet cereal when Branflakes have less calories!
    What the fudge!?!

Branflakes has loads of sugar though so it'll kill you in other ways :)

Porridge is your only man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

Special K works on the idea you eat it twice a day and a healty dinner. thus, very little calories however the same could be said about replacing 2 meals with any one thing. Cadbury's cream egg diet anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bellz_x

lost three stone in 6 months eating special K twice a day, granted cut out all additional high calorie foods but it did work.. but it was a combination..and weight stayed off

Do you still eat Special K twice a day now? - Did you do any exercise with it? You're probably lucky with keeping the weight off.. Im hoping for you that it doesnt come back on. Im also hoping that you didnt do much damage to your health with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Special K and Bran Flakes are full of sugar.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1752342.ece

They're all too full of sugar. I've started noticing so much more as the years go by, I guess your palate changes.

I eat All Bran sometimes for the bran content, but it's hard to eat as it's so sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

All them cereals are processed shit and in no way good for you like the manufacturers lead you to believe. If you want to eat healthy you can't beat a bowl of stirabout in the morning.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

CianRyan wrote: »
    To make it a tl;dr,

Healthy eating and redular exercise, FTW?

Nah, the Daily Mail (I know, I know) actually published an 'article' last week claiming that eating less and exercising more had no discernible effect on weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

6 months ???
    Bloody hell - I tried it for 2 weeks and by the end of 10 days was sick of the sight of cereal.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Why not just buy a pair of jeans that actually fit?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Porridge is so amazing. I could probably live off two bowls of porridge a day. But that'd be ridiculously unhealthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bellz_x

Piste wrote: »
    Porridge is so amazing. I could probably live off two bowls of porridge a day. But that'd be ridiculously unhealthy.

I like porridge but I need to have a bit of sugar with it or I cant eat it. Same with weetabix, I need the sugar. Jam just doesnt do the same job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Oh yea, porridge is great...except for the fact that its the most boring food evar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I'm eating porridge at my desk this very moment. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Weetabix ftw really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Not sure now, but the last time I checked the small cereal boxes you get in the variety pack the Special K box had more Calories than the Corn Flakes one.

Oh and speaking of sugar , one thing that really sickens me is sugar in peanut butter :mad::mad:

Where do the calories come from?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I remember reading somewhere that the irish eat more breakfast cereals per head than anywhere else. Dunno if its true?

Cant abide cereals myself. porridge is ok though.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Oh yea, porridge is great...except for the fact that its the most boring food evar!
    Get creative with it then! Put some honey in it :)
    Also special K = dried out scraps of paper :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

People buy things like Special K when trying to lose weight because they're fu<king lazy. Acai berries my arse, drink less alcohol, no soda drinks, get 30 minutes of exercise four times a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Sorry it has to be said. Im no woman (i dont care what anyone says!) but i wouldnt be buying that cereal with the "ideal image" being thus :eek:

What was wrong with the image? I thought she had a bum to die for (and I'm a woman!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Sulmac wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_K

...and, more worryingly...

:eek:

Thank you for evidence that I am not insane. I've been telling people for ages that I find Special K has a very metallic-ey taste and no-one believed me.

Advertisement