Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a suitable buggy for clueless first timer please

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

The I-candy is lovely but unfortuantely they don't seem to do them in 3 wheelers

the apple can be bought as a three wheeler.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 BigBelly

Have a look at some Jane Slalom prams. I think we've decided on this one, like you need something for walking on rough terrain but also a travel system.
    If you have a look on youtube you can see how easily they convert and fold up. They are also freestanding and really small when folded.

http://www.samueljohnston.co.uk/acatalog/_Slalom_Pro_Formula_2000_Systems.html

They come in 3 and 4 wheel models.
    I was advised by a shop assistant to stay away from graco as not suitable for rough terrain. Silvercross are lovely but very very heavy, not to mention expensive. Quinny looked nice but having seen a few kids in them I thought they looked very exposed or something, like the seat wasn't deep enough iykwim? Euro babies have a few new model prams at the moment and I fell for one of them but when I checked the mattress part inside it was none existant :eek: it was so so thin I could feel the bars and board underneath. This was the same in the car seat part absolutely no support in the head support part it was like the innards of a really cheap pillow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭themysteriouson

Aargh, my head is really wrecked with this! Had decided on the Beep but as someone pointed out the plastic wheels just won't do for off-road walking which I plan to do a lot of, and I had another look and agree.

So now I am back to the Mothercare My3 as the Quinny Buzz seems just too expensive for something that might not do for very long. The beauty of the Beep was that it included carrycot, pushchair, chassis and carseat/carseat adaptor all-in for 450 euro, whereas you need to buy all these extra with the Quinny Buzz! So it's looking like spending over 800 for the Quinny package or 650 for the My3.

The I-candy is lovely but unfortuantely they don't seem to do them in 3 wheelers

If you think the Buzz is a little expensive Quinny also do another 3 wheeler called the Speedi with all the same attachments of a Buzz (ie. carrycot & Cabriofix carseat) but works out about a €100 cheaper. The seat unit is also larger than the Buzz although its not reversible.
    Eurobaby have it on their website.
    They also have the Buzz on offer for €669.99

Hope this is of some help for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 horselala

Hi

Just for Big Belly the Jane 3 wheel I have this, and its grand but I would not buy it now. Its not small when folded and very heavy I have bought a second buggy and leave this in the car. I never collapse it now, I have space so I have it in house and its great for walking which I mostly do, but my sis bought Phil and Ted and this folds smaller. You need a big boot. I loved the carrycot of the Jane. But if you are planning more kids buy a Phil and Ted now save yourself the money in the future plus I think now you can get a carrycot called a Peanut for P&T.

The hood tore on mine and I have to buy another but think they may have changed the hood style since last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Would you consider a phil and ted sport? Very durable, geared for outdoor activity and it can be used as a double buggy with the double kit.
    You can also put the maxi cosi on it with an adaptor.
    It would work out better in the long run if you are intending to have a couple of kids in quick succession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 MusRo

Hi aladdin2010
    I am due in April and much like yourself, my head was wrecked after asking for buggy advice and after a trip to Kiddicare (I live in the UK). There is too much choice out there and the more I asked for people's opinions, the more confused I got! In the end, we inspected all the models in the Kiddicare showroom and chose the best one to suit our needs.

1. I knew I wanted a 3 wheeler
    2. It needed to be a travel system with car seat, isofix base, carrycot and pushchair option. I also wanted it to be as light as possible and it needed to fit in the boot of my car (very important!!!). I also wanted the pushchair to be front and rear facing and to last for a few years.

It is best to make a check list of what YOU want as you will be the one using it the most. Think about where you will be using it. I knew for example that I will need to be able to fold it easily as I will be flying home to Ireland fairly regularly and not always accompanied and I wanted something that allowed me to click in and out the various travel system options (i.e. car seat, carrycot) with ease.

In the end I chose the Britax Vigour 3+ (unfortunately this is not being manufactured any more as they have brought out a new model, Britax B-Smart) but you may still be able to get it from a few shops (I ordered mine from Boots in the end and got loads of points on my clubcard too :) ). The main reason we chose this one was that the tyres do not puncture, it had a good turning circle, was light and easy to use and it matched all my requirements above. I haven't used it yet but I'm really looking forward to getting out on the road in april/may with it and my little girl :). I have found that since I purchased my buggy I find myself sitting in cafe's at the weekends, looking out the window at all the buggys going by and getting "buggy envy" and wondering if I have made the right choice.... I guess, like everything in life, there will always be other options that you didn't know about or that you wished you had chosen instead, but as long as your buggy is safe, usable and your little one is comfy, that is all that matters :). Best of luck with your choice and the rest of the pregnancy!
    MusRo

• Registered Users Posts: 40 curlie-wurliexx

Aargh, my head is really wrecked with this! Had decided on the Beep but as someone pointed out the plastic wheels just won't do for off-road walking which I plan to do a lot of, and I had another look and agree.

I was reading about this system on another message board and someone mentioned that it is now possible to get air filled wheels for the Beep+ - might be worth looking into if you really like it? http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=236660&start=15#p2609729

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lyby

I know I am coming late to the discussion but I am an expectant mother, a bit to go yet though, my head is well and truly wrecked from buggy shopping, when I think I have decided what I want I either read a bad review or else see something else which looks equally good. My friend has recently had a baby and she got the baby elegance beep buggy which is really light etc, I am torn between Quinny buzz 4, my choice my4, maxi cosi mura or icandy. Somebody help.... Anyone have any of the these and if so what were the pros and cons. :confused:

Advertisement