Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplement Suggestions Please

Options
  • 03-01-2010 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi Folks, I currently weigh 87kg (have dropped from 92kg over 2009) and I'm 183cm tall. My current work out consists of splits between cardio and weights. I hope to bring my weight down further as I'm still clearly carrying weight. I think my ideal weight is somewhere between 76-78kg so want to continue my training and lose 10kg or so. My chest is particularly big (60:40 muscle and fat) and still have some padding on the stomach area aswell. That said I want to build up my biceps, triceps and shoulders which are lacking quite a bit. Can anyone make any suggestions of a protein shake/supplement that will complement my goals?? Maximuscle Gold Extreme has been suggested as a good one...? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

I used to buy expensive brand name proteins before but i switched to whey from myprotein.co.uk and i haven't noticed any differences. I have still continued to make the same gains steadily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bluebubbles

I used to buy expensive brand name proteins before but i switched to whey from myprotein.co.uk and i haven't noticed any differences. I have still continued to make the same gains steadily.

Thanks InKonspikuous, more advice welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

all you really need is:
    why protein
    fish oil
    a good multi-vitamin

if you wanna try it out, you could also go for creatine.

these things just supplement your diet, and shouldnt be the main part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

all you really need is:
    why protein
    fish oil
    a good multi-vitamin

if you wanna try it out, you could also go for creatine.

these things just supplement your diet, and shouldnt be the main part of it
    totally agree - most people get wayyy to complicated and just need the basics first.

If more people were as concerned about their supplements as they were about getting stronger on the basic lifts in the gym there would be more male and female people in better shape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Because most labels source their supp's like whey, creatine etc from the same provider's.

Of course there are good & bad, but on a whole its not worth stressing over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭spiral

Hi Folks, I currently weigh 87kg (have dropped from 92kg over 2009) and I'm 183cm tall. My current work out consists of splits between cardio and weights. I hope to bring my weight down further as I'm still clearly carrying weight. I think my ideal weight is somewhere between 76-78kg so want to continue my training and lose 10kg or so. My chest is particularly big (60:40 muscle and fat) and still have some padding on the stomach area aswell. That said I want to build up my biceps, triceps and shoulders which are lacking quite a bit. Can anyone make any suggestions of a protein shake/supplement that will complement my goals?? Maximuscle Gold Extreme has been suggested as a good one...? Thanks.

183CM is 6 foot , Unless you have an extremely slight build 76-78kg would be pretty light for your height ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bluebubbles

spiral wrote: »
    183CM is 6 foot , Unless you have an extremely slight build 76-78kg would be pretty light for your height ,

Thanks folks for all the comments and advice. Op, I agree and will see how I go but keen to drop weight and obviously add muscle aswell. Ronaldo is supposedly 76kg and he is 6'1 - granted I'll never be a professional athlete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Because most labels source their supp's like whey, creatine etc from the same provider's.

Of course there are good & bad, but on a whole its not worth stressing over.

Yeah i agree. In the beginning i stressed over it a bit as i placed supplements in the same category as i would magic beans. Now all i would use is whey regardless of the brand. The contents and ingredients interest me more. Also fish oil and flax seed oil. That's the height of my supps.

Advertisement