Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your odd phobias?

Options
  • 02-01-2010 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭

Me? Equinophobia I'm afraid of horses. Horribly afraid of these frightening wannabee centaurs.

Spiders and insects in general.

Other people's leg hair too. Ewe!

Actually looking back on what I've written, I'm such a pansy.

I'm sure you lot have worse ones.

Aye?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I'm afraid I will not be able to find After Hours with all its name changes!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Tomatoes - just when they are in the round format, love all tomato based food.

Seaweed - I don't think that's irrational because when I'm swimming in the sea it looks like a horrible creature & I wear glasses so I can't tell what it is...UUUGH!! (obviously I don't wear glasses whilst ag snamh)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I for one welcome our phobiatic overlords. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

All phobias are odd, irrational fears.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm afraid of butter and people pinching the skin on the backs of their elbows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Me? Equinophobia I'm afraid of horses. Horribly frightening creatures.

Spiders and insects in general.

Other people's leg hair too. Ewe!

Actually looking back on what I've written, I'm such a pansy.

I'm sure you lot have worse ones.

Aye?

Does anyone actually like other peoples leg hair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

jd007 wrote: »
    Does anyone actually like other peoples leg hair?

Actually probably not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Novella wrote: »
    I'm afraid of butter and people pinching the skin on the backs of their elbows.

You mean their wenis?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Moths....evil feckers they are :mad:

jd007 wrote: »
    You mean their wenis?:pac:

OH. MY. GOD. That is horrendous! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

I used to be afraid of pregnant women, terrified of them!
    But my time in Australia cured it, heavily pregnant women on the beach a lot sorted me right out

JangoFett wrote: »
    I used to be afraid of pregnant women, terrified of them!
    But my time in Australia cured it, heavily pregnant women on the beach a lot sorted me right out

I'm kinda like that only around HEAVILY preggers women. Frightning.

same here fago, I do be afraid they'll break! Also phobia of getting pregnant :P

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

The beaches offered all the stages of pregnancy so I dealt with it
    I was petrified of pregnant women, couldn't be in the same room as them! I had to explain it to several pregnant women who I now think are lovely and beautiful, not in THAT way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Feet and maggots. I dont mind spiders or worms or any other creepy crawly, but maggots push me over the edge.

Feet are just gross. Hate when people point something out to my on their foot. I pretend to look. And I'll knock you flat out if you touch mine!

I use to have a fear of people touching my back. Have no idea where that came from. Got over it about 5 years ago and now i love my back being touched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I have a fear of swallowing pills and try and avoid taking them as much as possible:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

I have a fear of veins i remember getting an injection and the nurse said we couldnt find any veins to stick the needle into nearly passed out :(

Oh, I'm afraid of biting on a fork too! Or hurting my teeth in any way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I hate looking at radiators. I don't know why but it hurts my eyes after 2 seconds.

I have dreams where my teeth fall out, SCARY

• Advertisement

BluesBerry wrote: »
    I have a fear of swallowing pills and try and avoid taking them as much as possible:(
    I've met a couple of people with this fear in the last year. What if you have the worst headache in the world?

BluesBerry wrote: »

He he mate of mine used to have that. He tried one of them solphadine capsules with powder inside.

He tried for ages trying to swallow it with water, but ended up biting it open, chewing it and vomiting from the awful taste.

All ove my shoes no less.

Kiera wrote: »
    I've met a couple of people with this fear in the last year. What if you have the worst headache in the world?

Solution?

I've a friend who cant watch others brush their teeth. She gets totally freaked out. Has a fear of people breaking their teeth on the toothbrush :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i can not stand even seeing a nappy clean or dirtty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I would use a soluble painkiller which I hate the taste and I have been known to vomit from some same goes for vitamins the ones that dissolve in water

anything else would have to be crushed into a fine powder with a yogurt (which I heard is not good because pills have a coating that is only suppose to work when it gets to lower intestine )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

ashyle wrote: »
    I have dreams where my teeth fall out, SCARY

You seem to be listing a few of my fears! I've had dreams where teeth would fall out. I'm afraid of falling over too, in case I smash my teeth. But then again, I've an obsession with my teeth, brushing and flossing several times a day. I can't stand being around pregnant women, but I know theres nothing wrong with it and its just down to a fear of getting pregnant. I can't even watch the Clear blue ads without diving for the remote! And don't even talk to me about feet..

Thennn theres the food. I'm vegan because I'm afraid of everything that could be in stuff that we don't know about, and even picky with the most basic of food elements :(

I've a friend who cant watch others brush their teeth. She gets totally freaked out. Has a fear of people breaking their teeth on the toothbrush :confused:

Is this friend me by any chance?? I get the shivers and physically feel ill when I can hear someone brush. It grates on me

Guys I think I need psychiatric help....

I can't swallow pills but I don't actually believe painkillers like Panadol etc. work so I'd never take 'em anyway! My mam always whinges at me for not taking medication but fcuk it, I'm gonna get better anyway and chewed up painkillers are nasty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

women...they freak me out. and lifts i wont get i a lift.

Advertisement