Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health & Safety concerns with new Airport X-Ray body scanners.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

I don't think the argument is that the radiation from the scanners will kill anyone outright, frequent flyers may feel it more than others, or maybe those more susceptible to radiation, who knows, maybe nanny will drop dead on the flight.
    But it could affect peoples immune system, make people more susceptible to other conditions. Do they test for this ? , did they ask for your opinion ? Do you have a choice ? ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

"NO AMOUNT OF RADIATION IS GOOD"

Come on....

Of course no radiation is 'good'; but the amounts we are looking at in terms of body scanner pale into insignificance against the amounts received via an x-ray or a CT. And are far less than the amount received after you go through the scanner and onto the plane. The relative risk of contracting cancer/other diseases frm such exposure is negligible.

But you and your ilk spread fear that this radiation is an attempt at depopulating the globe. It is ignorant and ill-informed, and if you had any talent for debate and propaganda, it might be dangerous.

I don't think the argument is that the radiation from the scanners will kill anyone outright, frequent flyers may feel it more than others, or maybe those more susceptible to radiation, who knows, maybe nanny will drop dead on the flight.
    But it could affect peoples immune system, make people more susceptible to other conditions. Do they test for this ? , did they ask for your opinion ? Do you have a choice ? ...

Could it? Maybe nanny will drop dead.... Maybe peoples immune systems will suffer........

Have you even looked at whether it could? Or do you just ask the questions and make the implications that it could? Of course you do; you engage in dishonest scaremongering.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

drkpower wrote: »
    No; i like to point out the utter absurdity of your arguments, and the others who make the same arguments. Its quite relaxing because it is so damn easy. I do find it funnny, mind, but thats just a pleasant side effect.:D

Well yeah, myself and many others here with any humanity and compassion are very concerned about what's being done to people, and to life in general on our planet, which if we don't ALL do something about will become unliveable in the future. I don't know what you find funny about that. What do you find funny about having a virtual strip search and your body irradiated? On top of everything else, all the other toxic junk in our foods, in our water - and the fact gradually our freedoms and right to choose how we live are being taken away, piece by piece ... quite frankly, attitudes like yours were Hitler's wet dream.

Well yeah, myself and many others here with any humanity and compassion are very concerned about what's being done to people, and to life in general on our planet, which if we don't ALL do something about will become unliveable in the future. I don't know what you find funny about that. What do you find funny about having a virtual strip search and your body irradiated? On top of everything else, all the other toxic junk in our foods, in our water - and the fact gradually our freedoms and right to choose how we live are being taken away, piece by piece ... quite frankly, attitudes like yours were Hitler's wet dream.

Blah blah blah Hitler blah blah...

If you want to have discussion about a 'virtual strip search' then thats fine. I dont see the problem in a single professional security officer viewing a virtual strip search. I have submitted to a number of body patdowns which are far more personally invasive.

As for the irradiation, why not look at the facts and the relative amounts of radiation which are extremely small relative to other sources of radiation, particularly the cosmic radiation one is exposed to when you leave the scanner and set foot on the plane.

But no, dont discusss any of that, just compare me to Hitler and move on. Because your argument is vacuous and doesnt stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Could it? Maybe nanny will drop dead.... Maybe peoples immune systems will suffer........

Have you even looked at whether it could? Or do you just ask the questions and make the implications that it could? Of course you do; you engage in dishonest scaremongering.

Don't you think the question deserves to be raised ?

It isnt scaremongering, it's raising the subject, asking questions, discussing it..

Is that ok ?

Don't you think the question deserves to be raised ?

It isnt scaremongering, it's raising the subject, asking questions, discussing it..

Is that ok ?

Asking questions, discussing it....?

'maybe the nanny will die'
    'it could affect peoples immune system'
    'It wouldn't surprise me if the trail leads back to Halliburton or Rothschild or another one of Bush's mates from the round table'

You are simply throwing out allegations and suggestions without actually looking at any facts whatsoever... That is not discussion. That is dishonest scaremongering.

If i say ''It wouldn't surprise me if Talkie Walkie was the leader of a paedaphile ring', is that 'discussiong your sexuality?', is that 'asking questions?'......:D

Blah blah blah Hitler blah blah...

If you want to have discussion about a 'virtual strip search' then thats fine. I dont see the problem in a single professional security officer viewing a virtual strip search. I have submitted to a number of body patdowns which are far more personally invasive.

As for the irradiation, why not look at the facts and the relative amounts of radiation which are extremely small relative to other sources of radiation, particularly the cosmic radiation one is exposed to when you leave the scanner and set foot on the plane.

But no, dont discusss any of that, just compare me to Hitler and move on. Because your argument is vacuous and doesnt stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever.

Hohohoho:D I wasn't comparing you to Hitler! Don't get paranoid, I'm saying that issues such as these body scanners need to be challenged and that attitudes which just follow the party line upheld totalitarian regimes (like Hitler's) in the past.

One may be right, one may be wrong, does not make one dishonest.

There is a depopulation agenda at hand. Google/youtube Bill Gates Depopulation @ TED

It's no secret - he is openly discussing it.

Years ago it was a conspiracy theory. Now it's common knowledge.

I ain't teaching you any more, goodnight.

Wake up.

Hohohoho:D I wasn't comparing you to Hitler! Don't get paranoid, I'm saying that issues such as these body scanners need to be challenged and that attitudes which just follow the party line upheld totalitarian regimes (like Hitler's) in the past.

Challenge them with facts and evidence then. All I see from you is ill-informed ignorant hysteria.

• Advertisement

Challenge them with facts and evidence then. All I see from you is ill-informed ignorant hysteria.

Were you aware Bill Gates gave a speech regarding depopulation ???

NO ?

That makes you ill-informed :D

One may be right, one may be wrong, does not make one dishonest.

There is a depopulation agenda at hand. Google/youtube Bill Gates Depopulation @ TED

It's no secret - he is openly discussing it.

Years ago it was a conspiracy theory. Now it's common knowledge.

I ain't teaching you any more, goodnight.

Wake up.

Another throw-away allegation..... :DLaughable!!

Even if Gates is 'discussing depopulation' you need to do the following:
    1. Show it is being implemented/there is a plan to implement it
    2. Link it to body scanners.

You havent done either; you havent even tried; because you cant. You just throw out this innuendo and pretend you made a point. Or even funnier, you pretend you are 'teaching' anyone about anything. If you can argue a point using any evidence whatsoever, I would take you seriously. Until then you are just a plaything.

Have you even read this thread, and others like it, and gone through the links provided, or even done your own bit of 'fact and evidence' gathering?

Oh what's the use, good night hohoho:D and pleasant dreams

Were you aware Bill Gates gave a speech regarding depopulation ???

NO ?

That makes you ill-informed :D

I know of the speech, yeah. But try and link it to this topic (see below) or get off the stage.

All you can do is throw it out there and hope people with fervent imaginations tie everything together in a fanciful, ignorant and ill-thought out manner. Like you have.

Have you even read this thread, and others like it, and gone through the links provided, or even done your own bit of 'fact and evidence' gathering?

Oh what's the use, good night hohoho:D and pleasant dreams

Yes i have.
    And all i have seen from you is ill-informed hysteria.

If you made an actual point anywhere that suggests that these scanners are either (a) a significant threat to health or (b) an attempt at global depopulation, point me to the link.

Otherwise, get off the stage or run away.

I know of the speech, yeah. But try and link it to this topic (see below) or get off the stage.

All you can do is throw it out there and hope people with fervent imaginations tie everything together in a fanciful, ignorant and ill-thought out manner. Like you have.

I am more than willing to discuss any subjects raised here if you will kindly refrain from insulting myself other members here.

Your attitude is really out there, there is no need for it.

I am more than willing to discuss any subjects raised here if you will kindly refrain from insulting myself other members here.

Your attitude is really out there, there is no need for it.

Awwwww.....diddums.
    You dont and cant support your argument with facts and evidence. If you find it 'insulting' for me to point that out to you, then, eh, tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Issue is, why should anybody have to use them - regardless of whether they are aware of the health concerns or not.

So people dont hijack airplanes, helps reduce risk.......

you know loss of life and that sort of thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

These scanning machines are only being introduced due to the "war on terror" fear campaign. We should probably look into who gains/profits from introducing to every airport in the world. It wouldn't surprise me if the trail leads back to Halliburton or Rothschild or another one of Bush's mates from the round table. :rolleyes: Anything that profits and is bad for Humans in general leads back to these scumf*cks... most sleepers will suck it up thinking they are safer :D
    Ya gotta laugh

Yes you have to laugh...... LMAO

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

These scanning machines are only being introduced due to the "war on terror" fear campaign. We should probably look into who gains/profits from introducing to every airport in the world. It wouldn't surprise me if the trail leads back to Halliburton or Rothschild or another one of Bush's mates from the round table. :rolleyes: Anything that profits and is bad for Humans in general leads back to these scumf*cks... most sleepers will suck it up thinking they are safer :D
    Ya gotta laugh

That is some good intuition TalkieWalkie.

Group slams Chertoff on scanner promotion

January 2, 2010
    WASHINGTON - Since the attempted bombing of a US airliner on Christmas Day, former Homeland Security secretary Michael Chertoff has given dozens of media interviews touting the need for the federal government to buy more full-body scanners for airports.

What he has made little mention of is that the Chertoff Group, his security consulting agency, includes a client that manufactures the machines. Chertoff disclosed the relationship on a CNN program Wednesday, in response to a question.

An airport passengers’ rights group on Thursday criticized Chertoff’s use of his former government credentials to advocate for a product that benefits his clients.

“Mr. Chertoff should not be allowed to abuse the trust the public has placed in him as a former public servant to privately gain from the sale of full-body scanners under the pretense that the scanners would have detected this particular type of explosive,’’ said Kate Hanni, founder of FlyersRights.org, which opposes the use of the scanners.

Chertoff’s advocacy for the technology dates to his time in the Bush administration. In 2005, Homeland Security ordered the government’s first batch of the scanners - five from California-based Rapiscan Systems. Rapiscan is one of only two companies that make full-body scanners in accordance with current contract specifications required by the federal government.

Currently 40 body scanners are in use among 19 US airports. The number is expected to skyrocket, at least in part because of the Christmas Day incident. The Transportation Security Administration has said it will order 300 more machines.

In the summer, TSA purchased 150 more machines from Rapiscan with $25 million in American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds. Rapiscan was the only company that qualified for the contract because it had developed technology that performs the screening using a less-graphic body imaging system, which is also less controversial. (Since then, another company, L-3 Communications, has qualified for future contracts, but no new contracts have been awarded.)

-- Washington Post
    http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2010/01/02/group_slams_chertoff_on_scanner_promotion/

HoHoHo

Chertoff, a dual-citizen Israel http://www.rense.com/general63/GCEHER.HTM was instrumental in the 911 coverup.
    WASHINGTON — In the minutes after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, while Attorney General John Ashcroft was rushing back from Milwaukee, Michael Chertoff was calling the shots.

Chertoff, then chief of the Justice Department's criminal division, breached the prickly territorial lines that have long divided the Justice Department from the FBI. From a fifth-floor office at FBI headquarters, above the streams of panicked people who flooded Pennsylvania Avenue, he set up shop in the bureau's crisis center. For the next 20 hours, he directed the government's initial response to the most lethal terrorist attack in U.S. history.
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-01-11-chertoff-side_x.htm

from the same article - this could be a quote from Adolph Hitler
    During the most recent confirmation hearing in 2003, Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., unearthed the text of a 1992 New Jersey Law Journal article in which Chertoff wrote,

"My experience has led me to respect most people, but I also know there's a minority of people who do not deserve respect because they will not conform to the natural order of things, and I want to lock them up."

Have people already forgotten what a sloppy sham that was the crotch bomber?

• Advertisement

robtri wrote: »
    Yes you have to laugh...... LMAO

Yup , ya gotta happy0071.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Radiation scientists agree TSA naked body scanners could cause breast cancer and sperm mutations

The news about the potential health dangers of the TSA's naked body scanners just keeps getting worse. An increasing number of doctors and scientists are going public with their warnings about the health implications of subjecting yourself to naked body scanners. These include Dr Russell Blaylock (see below) as well as several professors from the University of California who are experts in X-ray imaging

http://www.naturalnews.com/030607_naked_body_scanners_radiation.html

Radiation scientists agree TSA naked body scanners could cause breast cancer and sperm mutations

The news about the potential health dangers of the TSA's naked body scanners just keeps getting worse. An increasing number of doctors and scientists are going public with their warnings about the health implications of subjecting yourself to naked body scanners. These include Dr Russell Blaylock (see below) as well as several professors from the University of California who are experts in X-ray imaging

http://www.naturalnews.com/030607_naked_body_scanners_radiation.html

was just reading that earlier ... :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Here's a nice graphic about the evolution of airport security:

500x_tsa-gone-wild.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

The next generation of body scanners to be rolled out in airports will literally be able to see inside the human body, as security personnel gear up to trial machines that use deep penetrating radiation,

The same kind hospitals use to examine internal organs and bones.

http://www.infowars.com/aussies-ready-to-roll-out-deep-penetrating-radiation-scanners-at-airports/

sitting here listening to The Clash 'Straight to Hell' when your post popped up - seems like that's exactly where we're heading - can't think of anything to add right now.

sitting here listening to The Clash 'Straight to Hell' when your post popped up - seems like that's exactly where we're heading - can't think of anything to add right now.
    You have a good taste o music. :p

Advertisement