Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blogs written by Irish teenagers

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I attempted a blog during my college drop-out life. It failed miserably, then I started a cooking one, which I only ever post in like once a month. Basically, I fail at blogs.

I've had like 6 blogs in a year and I always get so bored.. doing nothing appeals to me more than doing a blog >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

That Pres post was class KnifeWrench :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'd start a blog if I had anything of interest to say. And if I didn't know that I'd look back on it in a few years (or the next day) and recoil in horror at my younger self. And cringe quite a lot.

Also Knifey, president post was actually hilarious, good going! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I would write a blog, if someone would show me how to use wordpress. It confuses the bejaysus out of me. I have a blog set up and everything, but I can't seem to organise the entries the way I want to.

Is it difficult, or am I just (not really a question) an idiot?

You should try figuring out how to use Wordpress in Irish! :pac: I only managed it because I already had access to an English-language blog, and I was able to flick between tabs. :o

If you really want to figure it out, just open it up when you have an hour to spare an experiment with it. Treat your first few entries like the Test forum on Boards, and when you figure the whole thing out you can delete them and start blogging properly. :)
    Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I attempted a blog during my college drop-out life. It failed miserably, then I started a cooking one, which I only ever post in like once a month. Basically, I fail at blogs.

I'm stealing your Blondies recipe tonight. I can't promise pictures or anything, but I'll post lots of compliments later when I get to feast on the deliciousness! :D And then you'll just have to go and post something new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The election article you wrote was so, so funny. I lost it entirely during the Dana section, and when you mentioned Norris' ability to silence jet-fighters with tactical bursts of Joycean quotations. It was honestly the most helpful bit of writing I've read so far in terms consolidating my opinions on the candidates, too! I'd love if you wrote more stuff of that sort, on books, or albums, or anything! I love your FML posts too (in a sympathetic way, while also appreciating the bits of morbid humour you lace them with, I mean! Though I wish I knew how I could respond to them... or how to do so without feeling like I'm just being intrusive...), but I'd imagine you'll understand my hoping that you won't have cause to write them particularly often. :)

Ha it's ok. I don't expect anyone to respond to (or even read) my FML posts. In a way I'm relieved when people don't because if I write too much without thinking properly I get myself into trouble and say stuff I regret. :o

As for you making up your mind based on my post......probably not the best idea. You'd be better off reading Uncyclopedia or something. :pac:
    It has been pointed out to me that Gay Mitchell does genuinely care about mental health issues and third world development and stuff, so the man does have a few redeeming qualities. Still not getting a preference off me though!
    Konata wrote: »
    I completely agree with this! The election article was fantastic. Easily the best article of read on this election, no joke. I too would like to see more writing like this - you've an incredible way with words :)
    Thanks. I've been told I'm a good writer before; problem is, once I've written something, I usually can't think of anything else to write about. I'll keep my eyes and ears opened for inspiration though.
    Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I loved it too! Except I've one issue with it.. QUALITY STREET > ROSES tbh... :cool:
    :eek: LIES!
    But thank you. Oh and your blog is being added to my blogroll (I have a very small blogroll; I very seldom reading other peoples' blogs, it's something I must do more often.)
    Colm! wrote: »
    I think KnifeWRENCH has posted the best election commentary ever, tbh.
    Slow Show wrote: »

Also Knifey, president post was actually hilarious, good going! :)

Merci beaucoup. :)

Got a comment from some guy called Ted who said he was gonna spam my presidential post around the internet. Yay for random nice people commenting! \o/ :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

I wrote my first blog in nine months wherein I offer myself up for an iPhone.

*ressurects thread*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    I wrote my first blog in nine months wherein I offer myself up for an iPhone.

*ressurects thread*

*follows*

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

*follows*

:pac:

Why thank you, kind sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

May aswell stick up my own ones..

My beauty blog where I review products, I do the odd giveaway as well. Going to start posting about the Beauty events/launches I go to soon.

My Personal blog very random.. filled with book, movie and TV reviews some travel adventures, cooking/baking and my photography and whatever else.

Both blogs are updated regularly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Blog4 is on http://colm.cahalane.net but I've not really being paying much attention to it. I just don't have the effort to blog. Might do more during the summer though, so I'mma leave that link there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I've a blog now. A lot of it is quite political making it different from many of the others here, but I thought I'd link to it anyway.

http://theramblingcontrarian.wordpress.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I've a blog now. A lot of it is quite political making it different from many of the others here, but I thought I'd link to it anyway.

http://theramblingcontrarian.wordpress.com/

I'm reading the Kevin Myers post there, I actually agreed with an article he did about Africa, NOT the one you are referring to but a more recent one.

It was about the corruption involved in aid when it gets there as far as I can remember. Not sure on that.

flyswatter wrote: »
    I'm reading the Kevin Myers post there, I actually agreed with an article he did about Africa, NOT the one you are referring to but a more recent one.

It was about the corruption involved in aid when it gets there as far as I can remember. Not sure on that.

Oh I agree there's a lot of corruption in the aid going to Africa and its a major problem. But in the article I'm talking about he was downright racist. It was an absolute disgrace that it got printed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

It's mad that he is writing homophobic articles when he is a brother in law of Anna Nolan.

Didn't even know that! I wonder what family gatherings are like....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I really enjoy reading some blogs, but I can never bring myself to write one. To strike a balance between making your affairs sound interesting to readers and feeling/coming across like an absolute knob is impossible for me. Although my previous boards posts and logs of online conversation actually provide me with something of a diary of the last few years.

Was thinking of investing in a cheapish digital camera and taking more pictures instead of writing. At the moment my FB pictures are all other people's uploads of nights out where I'm tagged, anyone looking would think I've spent the last 12 months in a fashion that Charlie Sheen would raise eyebrows at (okay, that's a serious exaggeration...) I've done more than that!

I read a biography about Tom Crean recently, and one thing that struck me was that it was such a pity he never documented his life better. He never kept a journal or diary of any sort, and his only writings are the comparatively few and poorly-detailed letters (although, in fairness, he only had basic literacy) he wrote, but he'd led such an amazing life which we only know of mostly from third-party accounts. Such a pity there's so few of his own thoughts documented. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

jumpguy wrote: »
    I read a biography about Tom Crean recently, and one thing that struck me was that it was such a pity he never documented his life better. He never kept a journal or diary of any sort, and his only writings are the comparatively few and poorly-detailed letters (although, in fairness, he only had basic literacy) he wrote, but he'd led such an amazing life which we only know of mostly from third-party accounts. Such a pity there's so few of his own thoughts documented. :-/

Completely OT, but the other pity is that his pub is an absolute kip!

Why don't you just write a bit and see if you like it, and if you feel it's fair you can publish it :) You can only find out by doing it like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Completely OT, but the other pity is that his pub is an absolute kip!
    I dunno why I felt the need to come back to it, but I happened to stop at the South Pole Inn during the weekend and I had this post in mind, and it was a grand spot sure! A typical, small rural pub but there was a decent crowd outside eating on the decking thing and it was a small river flowing beside it, which was really nice sitting beside in the beautiful weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Yer_Wan

Pick me!!

I've been writing a blog for the last few weeks, give a look if you ever get bored.

Much love, YW

http://prettypurplepolkadots.wordpress.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Imaginary Friend

This thread is what I was looking for, finally :P

I blog at Frizzyroselle which I guess counts since I'm 16. *Plug* Thanks for the Walsho and Pretty Purple Polka Dots, they're cool (although PPPD, pls update. C'mon.)

And yeah, I know the last post was like two years ago. Don't blame me for being late to the party ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

This thread is what I was looking for, finally :P

I blog at frizzyroselle.blogspot.ie which I guess counts since I'm 16. *Plug* Thanks for the Walsho and Pretty Purple Polka Dots, they're cool <b>(although PPPD, pls update. C'mon.)</b>

And yeah, I know the last post was like two years ago. Don't blame me for being late to the party ;)

Update what? I've been writing on it regularly?

It's been ages since I was a teenager, but I still have a blog that I update every now and again. It started as a project to post one poem every day for six months (which I achieved from February to July 2012) and I've been sporadically adding new material since then. My next poem will be my 200th piece, whenever I get around to composing it! :P

I'll post a link if anybody's interested in some amateur Irish poetry.

Advertisement