Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blogs written by Irish teenagers

Options
  • 02-01-2010 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

I read a lot of blogs but I don't really know any written by Irish teenagers. Now maybe we're just not that into blogging compared to say America, but I'd love to read something that I can relate a bit more to, and not just Leaving Cert blogs because they can get a bit tedious...
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Ya I would love to read one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Actually, I just decided I'd like to start a blog this year, as a resolution or something...

Does anybody know a good place to put it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I used to write one, long ago...

Sadly it was hijacked by ghouls who posted ****e saying I was emo and to grow up etc etc etc etc, therefore I've been disincentivised to write em' any more.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Jay P wrote: »
    Actually, I just decided I'd like to start a blog this year, as a resolution or something...

Does anybody know a good place to put it?

wordpress, ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Here you go!

I don't remember every making this but the banner's in my pictures folder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I have a now-seldom-used blog on blogspot that I set up two weeks before the Leaving Cert.

I tend to use it to dump gay stuff I'd be too embarrassed to say to anyone in a one-on-one context.

www.two-serenades.blogspot.com

Cringe away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭AddictedToYou

Check my sig! :D

Also, may as well give a plug to all the folks over at www.irishstudentblogs.com

Should keep yiz all going...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Link in the sig.

I'll actually post something tomorrow, have been busy with work/exams since my last post.....

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No offense to him now, but unless you have a brandy or something as strong to hand, DO NOT read PurpleNail Overlord's blog when he posts it. It's heavy. I read it once. Never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    No offense to him now, but unless you have a brandy or something as strong to hand, DO NOT read PurpleNail Overlord's blog when he posts it. It's heavy. I read it once. Never again!
    To be fair, at least it isn't a blog that solely revolves around school/uni. Even though, now that I think about it, alot of life revolves around that anyway for us young peoples. I guess Poetry Man is just getting old. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

There's a user on here called The Walsho (who I actually haven't seen posting for ages). Among the blogging community, his blog is apparently pretty famous.

I read it a few times when he was posting about it in the Leaving Cert forum; very funny guy.

www.walsho.net

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I had lots of lecturers encourage me to set one up (apparantly it would help me in my course :confused:) so I decided to give it a go last November. Only posted 3 entries so far and none for the last 3 weeks, but I definitely want to get back into it when I'm back in college.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yeah, you've summed it up fairly well there!

I only started writing mine after I turned 20, so it wouldn't qualify as a teenager's blog anyway. I posted a link to it recently, and wouldn't mind posting it again, but you'd want to be as mad as I am to read what I have to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Yeah, you've summed it up fairly well there!

I only started writing mine after I turned 20, so it wouldn't qualify as a teenager's blog anyway. I posted a link to it recently, and wouldn't mind posting it again, but you'd want to be as mad as I am to read what I have to talk about.
    Link?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

DON'T DO IT FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Link?

Maybe tomorrow, if there's really that much interest.
    DON'T DO IT FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD!

See above ^ :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Oh go on and link it! I can always do with something new to read! :P

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Oh go on and link it! I can always do with something new to read! :P

Be careful what you wish for!

http://www.blog-an-fhile.blogspot.com/

23 entries altogether, and the newer ones don't make much sense unless you've read the oldest ones. Don't say you weren't warned :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I'll check that out when i get on my laptop. I am going to be writing more and putting songs in my blog soon . Will be checking out anyone who puts links up as long as they don't spam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Be careful what you wish for!

http://www.blog-an-fhile.blogspot.com/

23 entries altogether, and the newer ones don't make much sense unless you've read the oldest ones. Don't say you weren't warned :o

TBH, it couldn't be much worse than my old blog. It was woefully self-obsessed and full of ramblings that I thought were meaningful at the time.. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I has blog

Not just any old blog.....a boards/social.ie blog. Two entries, one of which I just wrote. James Joyce I am not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

There's a user on here called The Walsho (who I actually haven't seen posting for ages). Among the blogging community, his blog is apparently pretty famous.

I read it a few times when he was posting about it in the Leaving Cert forum; very funny guy.

www.walsho.net

I actually came into this thread to link to this. Mark's a friend of mine, and also possibly the most hilarious guy in the world. Ever.
    Read it. Do it now. Subscribe to the email alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

bythewoods wrote: »
    I actually came into this thread to link to this. Mark's a friend of mine, and also possibly the most hilarious guy in the world. Ever.

The day I met bythewoods for the first time, I also met Mark (And some other boardsies), all my heroes in one day......

True story!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I just entered my first blog entry a few minutes ago, it's here. :o
    I'm a bit embarassed by it for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Haha that Walsho blog is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

www.walsho.net
    Fad wrote: »
    The day I met bythewoods for the first time, I also met Mark (And some other boardsies), all my heroes in one day......

True story!
    Monzo wrote: »
    Haha that Walsho blog is brilliant.

Thank you all very much, greatly appreciated.

I think I better hang around this forum a little more. There's ego-grooming to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

The Walsho wrote: »
    Thank you all very much, greatly appreciated.

I think I better hang around this forum a little more. There's ego-grooming to be had.

Did I ever mention how great you are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Its mainly just regular grooming that goes on around here tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Did I ever mention how great you are?

I don't think so. Proceed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I don't think so. Proceed.
    I just subbed to your blog. Its funny stuff...

Advertisement