Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solve the Debate

Options
  • 31-12-2009 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

One of guys was chatting about trinity the other day and he said that everyone in trinity wear glasses because the most intelligent people wear glasses because they have been reading all there lives etc, have you ever seen scobs with glass ? I said no i suppose not, but i still think he is wrong so i said i would solve the debate

So you attend TCD do you wear glasses for anything reading, full time etc

Do you attend TCD and do you wear glasses for anything?? 52 votes

I do wear glasses or contacts for reading or full time use etc
    0% 0 votes
    No i don't wear glasses contacts etc
    100% 52 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

How is it possible to debate with someone about other people use of glasses?

I really cant see the point of this...voted anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

I wear Kanye West off the hook glasses when I am really drunk.

Does that count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

dan719 wrote: »
    I wear Kanye West off the hook glasses when I am really drunk.

Does that count?

No sorry mate !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Ex-glasses wearer, had laser eye surgery. Do I still count as smart?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭antiselfdual

Yes, and in fact I'm wearing 3-d glasses over my regular glasses while I post this.

• Advertisement

Wow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Yes, I wear glasses. And its only because I'm a ****ing genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

TBH a thread as stupid as this shouldn't be allowed in the TCD forum. Visual impairment has nothing to do with intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

TBH a thread as stupid as this shouldn't be allowed in the TCD forum. Visual impairment has nothing to do with intelligence.

Cite your source!!

ronivek wrote: »
    Cite your source!!

Great link there thanks dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Id go ahead and say the majority of baords users wear glasses anyways!

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    One of guys was chatting about trinity the other day and he said that everyone in trinity wear glasses because the most intelligent people wear glasses because they have been reading all there lives etc, have you ever seen scobs with glass ? I said no i suppose not, but i still think he is wrong so i said i would solve the debate

So you attend TCD do you wear glasses for anything reading, full time etc

BTW, you're from blackrock. Are there no glasses there or has mammy and daddy finally created the first area in the world where laser eye surgery is paid for the moment bad eyesight is detected?

Denerick wrote: »
    BTW, you're from blackrock. Are there no glasses there or has mammy and daddy finally created the first area in the world where laser eye surgery is paid for the moment bad eyesight is detected?

Dude this has nothing to do with the rock, it has to do with trinity If i wanted that question answer I would have asked a different question dude so keep your negative question out of this vibe Thanks

Dude this has nothing to do with the rock, it has to do with trinity If i wanted that question answer I would have asked a different question dude so keep your negative question out of this vibe Thanks

Ok 'Dude'!!!! I will 'dude'! Don't have a cow man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Dante

My god, your threads just get worse and worse. I'm still undecided as to whether you are a troll or serious because you put so much effort in. Nonetheless I voted anyway out of boredom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You're too retarded for trinity... at least the science end anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Boston banned for a week for personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Marvinthefish

How does one "solve a debate"? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Boston had a point though imo

Jonathan wrote: »
    Boston banned for a week for personal abuse.

To be perfectly fair, he was just right. That kid has deliberately (I can only hope and pray that its deliberate) made himself into a parody of people from Blackrock!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Denerick wrote: »
    To be perfectly fair, he was just right. That kid has deliberately (I can only hope and pray that its deliberate) made himself into a parody of people from Blackrock!
    He could have voiced his opinion without calling the user retarded.

Jonathan wrote: »
    He could have voiced his opinion without calling the user retarded.

It would have lacked gravitas though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

What the hell is a scob?...

And yes I wear glasses. Probably stems from the low light in my room when I read and the fact that I sit with my laptop about a foot from my face.

Although I am also a genius :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Although I am also a genius :D

And modest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

And modest too.

And a sarcastic bastard ;)

I was going to put it in as "genious" for hilarities sake, but didn't want to come off as completely brain-dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

What the hell is a scob?...

I think he means the working class.

I think this debate will only be solved with some good ol' craniometry. Now where did i put my giant calipers....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Geniuses or genii?

i THINK the PLURAL for GENIUS is THE same WORD. ok

vinylmesh wrote: »
    I think he means the working class.

I think this debate will only be solved with some good ol' craniometry. Now where did i put my giant calipers....

No I mean the people who steal and drink cans on walls and throw water at people on bikes, and piss on bus that's what i mean

We are working class , you make no sense !!

• Advertisement

No I mean the people who steal and drink cans on walls and throw water at people on bikes, and piss on bus that's what i mean

We are working class , you make no sense !!

Working class? Really? I kind of pictured you as a 16 year old with a jedward haircut, skinny as hell with a face full of spots, dreaming of the day when you're old enough for mammy and daddy to send you to grind school in Leeson street? How could I be so wrong?

Advertisement