Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to ad water to central heating system?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Joey, fair play to you, very helpful to the OP. :)

My valve is located behind my washing machine, it's a pain in the a*se to top up.

I currently have to turn my hot water switch on to get heating - then run off the hot water when it reaches it's max heat - to get the rads working again (shudders at the waste and cost). Bizarre. I've had plumbers, electricians and gas men around and it seems to have confused them all. It changes every time they come, last time it was switch on upstairs heating and downstairs would work. :confused:

Anyway, well done on the advice!

Sounds lovely. If its not broke.... then again. if its not right....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Just came across this - I have an issue where the rads arent filling with water. So I checked the gauge on the (gas)boiler in the kitchen and it reads 0 bar (heating is off).
    Im not sure how to add more water to the system - in the hot press there are 3 valves that I can see - would these likely be for adding more water to the system ? or is it always a screw type of valve ? In the picture, the pipe on the right is freezing cold.

100960.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

It is neither of these 3 valves. Its more likely a valve on the end of a braded hose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Thanks Joey - is it likely to be in the hotpress with the cylinder or some other place ?

Advertisement