Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP/HTML Help

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

It is my guess that this whole thread was based on getting the POST variables from the home page login ... straight into the sign up page so users don't have to edit them again. This has confused most people.

First of all.....you don't have a registration button on your home page. Only a sign in button (called continue) for users who have already signed up. I understand that you are trying to send the information from the home page to the sign up page. Its best not to do that. Just add a register button below it. So if you are going to do this, the next para is what needs to be done.

Within that image, POST should not be used in between the login and the sign up page (you only want your registered users to sign in straight away), sign up page is only for users who have not yet registered with you. POST should only be used in the sign up page and after it to collect that information (and storing this information in the database will also be on the same page too).

Do you understand this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭gahim

The big continue button is for people signing up email and password then continue...

The login form is at the top...

beta.gahim.com

Oh....right. Users will get confused as they will think "i don't have a password with them so where do i sign up?". Sign up is nowhere to be seen. Maybe get rid of the email and password fields altogether and just have the continue button or something that'll go straight to the sign up page. Make it more user friendly.

Ok, thanks for your advice, do you know how I can make the signup form (beta.gahim.com/start/index.php) send the information to my gahimcom_members database?

When I look on Google everything confuses me :confused::confused::confused:

:pac: ... sounds like you are new to web development. You can only learn by doing the work yourself.

First of all, you will need to add the php code to POST all the information on your register.php file you have now. Have you created tables for your database? You have already created the DB name.

This is a simple tutorial that should be helpful. http://php.about.com/od/finishedphp1/ss/php_login_code.htm

You will need to add the rest of the fields in your start/index.php to the database and the codes in the tutorial above.

• Advertisement

I have added the tables, I have attached a screenshot

How do I link the registration form to my database I have already created the login form and you can see all the codes in one of my previous posts.

I have done all the instructions on this page http://www.howtodothings.com/computers-internet/how-to-make-a-login-system-for-your-website in addition added fields in the database... Now I need to know how to do a registration form...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

gahim wrote: »
    I have done all the instructions on this page http://www.howtodothings.com/computers-internet/how-to-make-a-login-system-for-your-website in addition added fields in the database... Now I need to know how to do a registration form...

Find yourself another tutorial. Again, you're just not listening. This isn't a place you come, ask a question, we make all the effort and you sit back & relax.

Make an attempt

Advertisement