Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up for games? Let there be ROCK!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'll be there, join us people!

Just nipping out so ill be on near 9

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Great session with Calex, few wtf moments there with achievements and lack of gold stars, but we did pretty well. I nearly FCed "Back in the USSR" with a sightread too, messed up a really easy bit at the very end, sickened!

Great session with Calex, few wtf moments there with achievements and lack of gold stars, but we did pretty well. I nearly FCed "Back in the USSR" with a sightread too, messed up a really easy bit at the very end, sickened!

I have 3 of those bloody 5gs cheesements with 3/4 complete. Nest time we need to play while I'm not half asleep. I did get the 100% I saw her standing there on bass one earlier while I wasn't quite so sleepy , albeit with an over strum denying me GS and a true FC I deserved :mad:

We had 4 in a row for 5gs there at one point too, the later songs we missed by 40k:eek: and one only by 4k lol

The drums seem to help a lot, of is that just me? I was playing pretty flawlessly on guitar for some songs and we didn't get GS, I was like "Balls to that!"

The drums seem to help a lot, of is that just me? I was playing pretty flawlessly for some songs and we didn't get GS, I was like "Balls to that!"

No you're spot on the bass is the killer you need to ride a 6x for the whole song and even then if the OD path is off forget it. The OD path is easy though if there are drums involved because they are predetermined pretty much.

We should have been playing ticket to ride for the 60 sec one , yellow needs guitar drums and bass to work :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Anyone around for some Gold Starring Beatles RB tonight? :)

I may be rusty, haven't played in a while, but once I get the fingers loosened up I'll be grand!! :cool:

Also, I'd love to get the million points achievement!! I can do enough to get it on Bass and Drums, always mess up the guitar part!!

I be about later I think, need a break from mass effect.

Went back to RB2 last night after a few weeks of only playing beatles, have to say the beatles ruined my game some what temporarily, just the nature of the songs I guess , but when I went back to RB2 I found it faster and had to correct myself from only stumming down all the time.

We can do that million sun's achievement no sweat, think I got it on either I am the walrus or sgt. pepper. it can be done on I want you with the fewest players though.

I still need i feel fine and i me mine for 2 achievements and then the bolck that has back in the ussr in it i think. I me mine seems to be the one that's giving me most problems, i'll need to do the chorus in practice mode i think to get the timing of strumming on it correct.

Just missed you Moon, was about to send you a game invite and you logged off :D

calex71 wrote: »
    Just missed you Moon, was about to send you a game invite and you logged off :D

Sorry bout that :(

Came back on and saw your message but you were gone by then!! Maybe try again tonight?

I got blisters on my fingers :(

I don't want to hear "cant buy my love" for a month.
    Mr Moon bless your patience, we must have done that over 10 times?

That's my list down to 4 songs, get back and i me mine are going to need practice from me before attempting them.

Onion are you about for a game this week?

• Advertisement

I'm sure I could pencil you in at some point!

I got blisters on my fingers :(

I don't want to hear "cant buy my love" for a month.
    Mr Moon bless your patience, we must have done that over 10 times?

That's my list down to 4 songs, get back and i me mine are going to need practice from me before attempting them.

Onion are you about for a game this week?

I was going the same to you! We would've done it sooner, but I was outta practice! Takes me a few goes to get the rhythm of the song.

Going to be very tough to get Helter Skelter!!! We were waaaay off :eek:

Anyone around this evening?

Should be about later tonight Moon

Beatles gold stars tonight lads?

Beatles gold stars tonight lads?

Yeah, I'll be on now if you're on i'll send you a message!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll be on now if you're on i'll send you a message!

Sorry Moon got sidetracked last night.

BANNED

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Anyone got Greatest Hits?
    Up for getting Free as a Band or something maybe?

Sorry Moon got sidetracked last night.

How about tonight so? I'm feeling in the mood for some GOLD STARS :D

• Advertisement

Were you on drums there onion ? My strummer kept sticking on the blink 182 song quick thump soon sorted it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Were you on drums there onion ? My strummer kept sticking on the blink 182 song quick thump soon sorted it :D

Hey!

Yup, D4RK ONION was on the drums. My housemate was singing and I was on the one playing bass/guitar. I apologise profusely for failing in Highway Star - I NEVER play bass, and D4RK ONION decided that I should totally do expert in that song and... well, you saw the results :p TBH, I've only gotten the knack of hard guitar in the last few weeks so I'm not that great anyway. I'm much better at drums - I'll add you as a friend and we can play sometime. I've only got RB1 at the moment but I'll be getting RB3 when it comes out :)

Nice playing with you!

I haven't played MP in ages so haven't been at the mercy of others failing and the fun involved, lucky I had my mic muted during the blink song dug out my old xplorer tonight to find the stummer sticks and the swearing would have made a sailer blush while I was thumping it between phrases :D

Roll on RB3 !!!!!!!!

It's more difficult going from med to hard than it is form hard to expert ;) so you're nearly there.

Just moved your posts here guys, wanna keep the player list thread nice and clean. Also, bumping this for RB3!

Calex, that was me on drums. Any time I was messing up, I was trying to tell Hotaru's friend to stop singing like he would on stage and to try and RB sing. YOu know, hold a clean pitch :P GGs, I'll give you some more games later in the week!

Calex picked a non keys song. So I had time to come on here and post! Thanks Calex :P

Calex picked a non keys song. So I had time to come on here and post! Thanks Calex :P

Hit the bloody edit button on ur post there, been doing that all day lol when quoting , still getting used to addition buttons.

I wasn't thinking when i picked the song, sorry house mates going to sleep so had to bail. Doubt they want to hear my singing :S

Annoying you can't pick bass or guitar part just for one song if it has no part nad song is part of a set.

Edit: I was playing drums in game , hate that when u swap out instruments you need to remember to change character too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was wondering if you were just staring blankly at the screen during that song :pac:

The one problem with Rock Band - it's the one game you can't play into the wee hour due to noise :(

I was wondering if you were just staring blankly at the screen during that song :pac:

The one problem with Rock Band - it's the one game you can't play into the wee hour due to noise :(

I need to go into retirement for a few days weeks I think to get fallout NV and Fable 3 done :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I need to go into retirement for a few days weeks I think to get fallout NV and Fable 3 done :)

I have a mandatory two month retirement coming up from next week onwards as I've decided to go mad and travel for like nine weeks. I'm half tempted to pick up RB3 DS to keep me in practice :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement