Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone For Games #29,596,234,234

Options
  • 18-12-2009 6:37pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Feel it's somewhat pointless finding & bumping the same type of thread so I'll just make a new one and ask.

Anyone for games now / later on? I managed to scrape a few games together with some people but it's usually about 10 games per 1-3 days which isn't helping me get back into the game. Spent about a month logging on randomly once or twice a week and living in the training room - It'd be nice to get some actual games.

Hate to say it but I'll likely log into WoW now as I've not much else to do but will keep an eye out and see if anyone is interested... Oh, and incase Azza drops by, NOT YOU! I don't want to eat any more Scissor kicks, thank you :pac:

Already had enough of Bison today :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Get Soul Calibur and I'll play ya

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

games for windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'm on XBL right now if you got that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

A few of us were at a small tourney thing hence not many being online tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

<- pissed

• Advertisement

the taxi driver started asking me loads of questions about streetfighter after you's got out.

I can't even remember what we were saying about the game during the journey but it intrigued him anyhow lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Who won?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Jim wrote: »
    <- pissed

What on earth were you lads doing posting at that hour?!!
    A-Trak wrote: »
    Who won?

We couldn't stop the bringer of Doom

In fairness you almost did terry, you played very well I must say.

And I only got home, always have a cuppa tea and go on the laptop before I go right to sleep :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Kiki is still winless in tournament matches.

Won't someone please lose to me? Please? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

change to ryu? Easier to learn that Akuma :p you will start winning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Cunny-Funt wrote: »

:( so this is what Homer felt like...

Spankie_No%20Homers.jpg

change to ryu? Easier to learn that Akuma :p you will start winning :pac:
    This is starting to sound quite tempting...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,987 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    This is starting to sound quite tempting...

Abel IS NOT a bad character and you were starting to get quite good with him. You should stick with Abel. Everyone knows the Akuma matchup, so playing as Akuma gives you very little advantage.

But landing cross-up Tatsu->Sweep is so much fun!
    Vortex is fun!

When's Super out? I wanna learn more fighters :pac:

Anyone wana a game? XBL of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

L31mr0d wrote: »
    :( so this is what Homer felt like...

We can have our own tournament leim :P

Kinda disappointed at the lack of casuals for the last 2 weeks, online play is making me wanna quit this game :(

Christmas shopping, hangovers, visiting relatives - sometimes games have to take a backseat to the cruder things in life.

I almost made it to casuals today but I was a zombie all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

A-Trak wrote: »
    Who won?

Paul you just didn't go cuz you knew Farz and I weren't coming so you were like "aww man they're my lifeline I can't leave the house now" It's nice to know you care :D

I'm pissed I didn't pop along now though cuz my brothers Rugby match was cancelled after all :(

Farz is bent cuz he just couldn't without me holding his hand. Much like yersmelf G3-E-Trak :)

I am hoping for some Casuals maybe 2 weeks from now since it's been ages. We headed in there last week or the week before and it was dead cuz heads were all up at that Northern thing. We sobbed and left.

Ry wrote: »

Farz is bent cuz he just couldn't without me holding his hand. Much like yersmelf G3-E-Trak :)

Hmm I seem to remember a lot of taunting and ex bird kicks from a certain "chun" player... maybe I just was that drunk

<_<

>_>

• Advertisement

We have so many Chun players. Sometimes it almost feels like 3S.

Not that I really miss EY EY EY EY EY EY!!1! meter build into easy Super-cancel/link all that much...

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I don't normally have issues with finding players online. I just sit in a player lobby and wait for someone to show up. If I have a good connection to my opponent we will play them a couple of games, if we around the same skill level we normally play a lot of games and if that happens I always send a friend invite afterwards and they always accept thus increasing the player base I can play against. Always find someone after just a few minutes of waiting. I normally just alt tab in and out while I wait and browse the web until someone shows up. Normally have a few Irish people on my friends list too anytime I log on. Plus I know other Irish players who are not normally logged into games for windows live but some third party app like Steam or Windows Messenger and play there. My sleeping hours can vary greatly but anything between 7.00PM and midnight its easy to get a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

RopeDrink wrote: »
    This is why I keep making these threads and asking.

I can do one of two things... a) Keep playing Online, knowing it sucks nuts and make me want to quit but at least you can get games or b) Quit Chumpionship and see if you can coax people into Player Matches (however rare they may be) and end up living in the training room because nobody is around on GFWL...

Neither is all that good, really, hence I actually went back to WoW :mad:

Or get a 360 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Red350 wrote: »
    We can have our own tournament leim :P

Yeah, I'm also disappointed because the inclusion of people drinking alcohol might increase my chances to win :p

Perhaps some platform specific threads would work better. I mean when I see bumps of this thread I don't know if it's going to be GFWL, XBL or PSN?

That being said, on GFWL, I never have any problems finding player matches. I usually spend 5 minutes in training to shake off the rust then jump into Arcade mode and leave my request settings at player matches. I never get to finish the first arcade match before I get pulled into a player match against someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Lately I've found it really difficult to find anyone to play against on GFWL, it's starting to feel more and more like PSN. Anytime I do find someone it's a pretty bad connection.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I can't go 3 minutes in PSN right now without getting a fight lads. Maybe something wrong there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I find playing on psn really frustrating. Theres not much more people in g1 than there is in sg on 360. On top of that you cant connect to half of them. Then when you finally get into a match you get random disconnects and lag. Player matches are a joke and ranked are not much better. Ranked is good as a kind of training mode though :pac:

I think the best thing to do is build up a good friend list and stick to playing with them. Ive got a pretty good list on 360 now and usually have someone to play. They dont have to be just from here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Yeh PSN was just atrocious for games I found so I moved to GFWL which has been a lot better actually in all honesty. Still sometimes tricky finding a game on Championship but people connect to yours a lot quicker I find if you just create your own. I do hope the match finding side is a lot better made in the upcoming release.

Anyone up for a game of 4? I've had it up to my arse playing online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Going onto live for a few hours... not often I get on this early.

If anyone fancies a few hit me up sagat08 <=~

Advertisement