Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Put Rage at UK Christmas No. 1 From Ireland

Options
  • 18-12-2009 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

n1076161200_3236.jpg

Sick of X Factor sludge clogging the Airwaves?-then do something about it!
    Please note this is all legal.

Theres only 2 more days to go in the race to get the UK number 1, and Simon Cowells X Factor Crap is starting to come back against Rage Against the Machine, we need the help of every music fan out there! So be a part of giving Cowell an Irish kick in the nads, its only 79p for gods sake!

Please go to the HMV UK site link below and download Killing In The Name-from the band Rage Against The Machine.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/digitalProductDetails.do?productId=10561810&ctx=-1;8;-1;-1;-1

and download it before Saturday Night 19 Dec., Irish Credit Cards work on this site without changing it to an Irish version!, Just tick the button for "enter details manually" so that you dont need a postcode.

This sale should probably count as a UK Chart sale, as its in sterling, and the country of sale was left off the receipt, but I am not 100% sure of this.
    Please pass this on to your friends.

DONT LET HIM WIN!:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 White-Teeth

Are you sure this counts towards the British charts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

I think you need to have a UK IP address for it to count towards the UK charts.

Sites that are eligible for the Irish charts are listed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Kick Cowell where? You're paying his wages, he's probably going to get a bonus after this...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

I am not sure that buying from there counts as a UK sale, but when I bought from there the currency stayed in sterling, AND the receipt for the sale had the country removed! I am hoping that they were just too lazy to bother seperating the UK and Irish sales. I have tried all the other ones, but they all refused the sale based on my IP address. But HMV UK did not do anything to indicate any change of country, and the download completed.

You could use a proxy server if you want to fool the other sites, but I wouldnt put my credit card details through one of the free proxies out there, they are probably owned by a Nigerian Businessman or something.
    It will only cost you 79p, and you get to download a decent tune. So do it for the children (so they may be able to hear some decent music growing up!)

IMHO It doesnt matter what the song is, ( A Daniel O Donnell song would achieve the same result),or that the Rage profits are going to Sony (as there are only a handful of major labels anyway). Keeping X Factor off the top would be a moral victory, it could kill the momentum that an X Factor winner normally gets (thus preventing the following 4 releases by the artist before they must return, broke, to their job in the chipper!). It may also make it, dare I say it, "uncool" to like X Factor!

So if you are worried about blowing 79p on a song that may not count for the chart, then keep the money and buy yourself 1/5 of a pint this christmas to celebrate your David McWilliams like financial savvy lol;)

The link to buy it is in my first post.

HoHoHo, Mery Christmas to all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

if you really want to do something about x factor and the music industry's annoying way of creating 'acts' that people will then buy in droves jsut because theyve won a tv talent competition, then go support a band like FLA or some other hardworking, gigging unknown band. get them to no 1.

Its funny ratm are reformed and working on a new album ... plus arent they financed by the same people as x factor anyway? I think this has really been organised by Sony or some such who will basically make all the cash from this online promoting. You arent kicking them in the nuts, you're giving them a christmas bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

sceptre doesn't care. Singles charts count for pretty much nothing these days.

You think "act creation" is new? It isn't. Nowhere near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

iamhunted wrote: »
    if you really want to do something about x factor and the music industry's annoying way of creating 'acts' that people will then buy in droves jsut because theyve won a tv talent competition, then go support a band like FLA or some other hardworking, gigging unknown band. get them to no 1.

Its funny ratm are reformed and working on a new album ... plus arent they financed by the same people as x factor anyway? I think this has really been organised by Sony or some such who will basically make all the cash from this online promoting. You arent kicking them in the nuts, you're giving them a christmas bonus.

I dont think the sony issue is that important. It's hardly a conspiracy theory on sonys behalf, if it is fair play! This campaign is basically a much needed two fingered gesture to the x factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Spot on, sceptre. Chart music is lowest common denominator crap.
    There is so much better music out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Jordonvito wrote: »
    I dont think the sony issue is that important. It's hardly a conspiracy theory on sonys behalf, if it is fair play! This campaign is basically a much needed two fingered gesture to the x factor.

How can the Sony issue not matter? The Sony issue is the matter! A giant big two fingers to a company who are going to sell more than a million copies of two singles in a week, one without any kind of promotion or outlay whatsoever? I think they'll take your two fingers and use them to count all their lovely cash. The sentiment is all well and good, ooh, lets get some radicals to number one instead of that sweet little x-factor kid... It achieves nothing in the long run, nothing. Nobody who would buy the X-factor single will be influenced at all by RATM or any of their lyrics/motives. As has already been said, if everyone went out and supported a band that needed it, a band that weren't already loaded with cash from a cynical reformation tour just over a year ago, then maybe this whole thing might make a difference. As is, the people who will buy the x-factor single will buy it anyway, Sony make a shed load of money and we get to do this all again next year. If you want to stick it to the X-factor Man, start hitting their ratings. You wont be able to, its too popular now, too much of an event and a spectacle, to do anything about. We just have to ignore it, same as ever, and get on with the important work of supporting independent local and international bands who truly deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

A campaign to make a previously released song number 1 does no more to advance music than the X-factor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement