Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killing in the name for no.1 this xmas

Options
  • 08-12-2009 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Calling all rock fans!
    Tired of the xfactor going to the top!
    cant stand children in need!
    well then just buy killing in the name by Rage against the machine from itunes and lets see if we can make this thing happen!
    lots of other people are posting this on other sites and we are trying to make it as big as possible! Spread the news!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,260 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Don't buy it yet, wait till after the 12th of December,

Pointless otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Why Killing In The Name Of?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Cause it sounds like the least christmassy song ever. It wont happen anyway it might make it to 10 thats about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Because the chorus is "FúCK YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME"

Which, would be making a statement as to the fact you're not conforming to the rules that X factor is going to be number 1 at christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭smileyme1984

Nice one! I was discussing this last night with the house mate, fed up of the X-Factor winners going straight to No.1 and just said it would be great if someone started a campaign for another song to get to the top for a change! I'm in anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

There's also a campaign for Bob Dylan's "Must Be Santa", which at least is seasonal. And before anyone butts in with their opinion of Zimmy's vocal powers, I can't stand Zac's voice, so :p Hopefully one of the songs get to No.1, but it's hard to counter weeks of Simon Cowell's idoctrination.

Oh, and the profits from Dylans xmas album go to charity

Me thinks everyone should text in to the ray foley show, whether you like him or not, he has a pretty big audience, and as can be seen by when he brought journey back to the charts, he can do ittttttttttttt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Karoma wrote: »
    Why Killing In The Name Of?

It has a naughty word at the end and would be therefore a "challenging alternative Christmas No1". As opposed to a turgid, pedagogical funk-metal workout as I first assumed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Because the chorus is "FúCK YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME"

Which, would be making a statement as to the fact you're not conforming to the rules that X factor is going to be number 1 at christmas.

So you're just conforming to something else being number 1?
    You rebel, you!

Think I'll just carry on in my belief that chart music is all **** and carry on listening to music I enjoy, not what people tell me to...

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

tman wrote: »
    So you're just conforming to something else being number 1?
    You rebel, you!

Think I'll just carry on in my belief that chart music is all **** and carry on listening to music I enjoy, not what people tell me to...

Agreeing with tman on this one. Don't really get the point. To be honest I could never tell you what is no.1 in the charts anyway and couldn't give a rat's ass either. I doubt RATM's idea of sticking it to the man was to rebel against the likes of xfactor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ludichris

Ye sorry forgot to mention earlier, dont buy the song till after the 12th of december!!!!oh

and btw this isnt rebeling against the xfactor or anything its just for a laugh, cos imagine if somthing like that was no.1 lol

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!
    also plz continue this discussion in the rock and metal section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

Conformity, FTW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

OP:

**** you, I won't do what you tell me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 speedscot

ludichris wrote: »
    ... its just for a laugh, cos imagine if somthing like that was no.1 lol

What, you mean like the time "Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter" was UK Christmas No.1?

I am still chortling at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Great idea, I'm going to do this. What is it to buy a single track? 99 cent or something. Would be kinda funny to have it in the charts :D

Where can you buy it though? I don't have an ipod or an itunes account (nor do I want one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

I'd much prefer to see Dylan's go to number one, I mean, it's Dylan, it's for charity, and it's actually a catchy song.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

tenner bets cowell will buy the rights to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

So, at least 150K unit sales to make number 1?
    Rather give my money to charity tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,829 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Would buy Dylan before eh...who's this song by again?!

Not one band can actually come out with one decent Christmas song these days. We've had one good song this decade and that's Don't Let The Bells End by The Darkness. It's sad, really sad...

mars bar wrote: »
    Would buy Dylan before eh...who's this song by again?!

Not one band can actually come out with one decent Christmas song these days. We've had one good song this decade and that's Don't Let The Bells End by The Darkness. It's sad, really sad...

The killers have had 2 (maybe 3)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

BaZmO* wrote: »
    So, at least 150K unit sales to make number 1?
    Rather give my money to charity tbh.

is is that much in Ireland? didnt think it was that high. great idea but i cant see it getting to number one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

mars bar wrote: »

And that was beaten by that Mad World song which is even worse. Christmas songs should be number 1 at Christmas even if it means Slade or The Pogues every year.

is is that much in Ireland? didnt think it was that high. great idea but i cant see it getting to number one.
    Not for Ireland, I was referring to the UK. If it doesn't make the UK no.1 spot I doubt it will make the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭powerfade

Sony own the rights to both RATM and x-factor contestants so the only winner is.........Sony.

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=10&title=rage_against_the_machine_for_christmas_n&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

'F*ck you I won't do what you told me', ahem but if you buy the record, is that not what you are doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭afatbollix

people still buy singles???

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Me thinks everyone should text in to the ray foley show, whether you like him or not, he has a pretty big audience, and as can be seen by when he brought journey back to the charts, he can do ittttttttttttt.

He didnt. Sopranos did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

speedscot wrote: »
    What, you mean like the time "Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter" was UK Christmas No.1?

I am still chortling at that.

never actually happened.

As much as I would like it to :)

beerbaron wrote: »
    He didnt. Sopranos did.

Incorrect.

• Advertisement

Incorrect.
    It was Family Guy ;)