Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraudsters known names and emails etc.

Options
  • 17-12-2009 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi

Having recently having serious problems with an ebay buyer trying to trick me. I am listing all his details here incase it may warn someone else ..............

The individual call s himself

Jerry Gibson/
    jsgibson78

here is the email i recieved after selling a phone to this wanker.........

Dear sabresharp2004,

i sent the below message to you before did you get it, Hello seller, i won your item on ebay i want the item to be posted to one of my oldtime college mate he is now on vacation in Nigeria, so i sent 330 Euro inluding postage cost via royalmail which is 30 euro i added please check your paypal email to confirm the postage address you will post the item to and it is below here again,

Mr. Aremu Tunde
    2,Omoniyi Street
    Itire Surulere
    Lagos 101014
    Nigeria.

Thanks and hope to hear from you as soon as you post out the item.

- jsgibson78

Now with your paypal username he creates fake paypal emails to say monies waiting to transfer which of course is the whole trick!!1

I have put his details here(as much as I have) so if anyone else googles him it may save them time and money.

Additions very welcome

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Did you report him to eBay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sabresharp1

Yep did all that mate... Ill tell u though. the fake emails were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Very common scam, you get an email that looks like it comes from PayPal saying the money is in your account.

You post the item and when you check you real PayPal account online nothings there.

Also a way of stealing ID's and Passwords by directing you to a false PayPal account.

And sometimes the scam involves the money actually being paid but then removed again so you still don't get it - one of the vaguaries of the PayPal system :rolleyes:

Edit> btw always worth posting these scam emails, most are just copies of each other with the items and price changed, but occasionally you get some new text and the sooner it goes online so google can find it the sooner people can look it up. Just google a few lines of any suspect email or eBay scam and you can noramally very quickly get conformation of the scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 connorcraggs

this is the email i recieved
    Important Note: This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment bar code is sent to us for verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller.We want you to know that the fund has been cleared but the payment is on hold.We also want to bring to your notice that the buyer cannot cancel the payment again.So you are to go on with the shipment and get back to us with the bar code.We want to bring to your notice that the buyer cannot cancel the payment because it have been programmed on our database.

Seller
    connorcraggs2010
    connorcraggs@hotmail.co.uk
    Note to seller
    You haven't included a note.
    The item must be ship out
    today.
    Shipping address - confirmed
    Onibato Adekunle
    9,Omoniyi Street
    Surulere
    Lagos Nigeria

Shipping details
    Royal Mail International Signed Forpixel.gifDescriptionUnit priceQtyAmountSony Ericcson c905
    Item#280508583294
    £285.00 GBP1
    £285.00 GBP
    logo_ebay_62x26.gifShipping and handling£0.00 GBPInsurance - optional----Total£285.00 GBPPayment£285.00 GBPCharge will appear on your credit card statement as “PAYPAL "Dawn Perks"
    apinktullip@yahoo.com

Thanks again for using PayPal for your online auction! If you have any questions about your transaction, please call us at +447024045913, or email us at pp--pal.uk@accountant.com

Issues with this transaction?

You have 45 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.

Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited.

Send tracking number to us or email us through this mail: pp--pal.uk@accountant.com and our customer service care will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account.

* *PLEASE NOTE**
    Once item has been shipped out and you send the tracking number to us,
    You will receive a "CONFIRMATION EMAIL" from PayPal® Team that your Fund has been credited.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Please use the scammer thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement