Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scammer list

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Wow, that's a comprehensive list. But still, there will be loads more. This will hopefully help with newbies and regulars to spot scammers in their online personas anyway.

Thread stickied now, so please everyone, post your details of scammers here.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Easyway_trade@yahoo.com

Just banned of adverts.ie

Same scam as ebuylist@gmail.com (buy 2 ipads, get 1 free)

Possibly hightonumpc1@sina.com or their skype account hightonumpc. Google doesnt get many hits as to them being a scam, but AFAIK they are a chinese crowd... id certainly not buy off em.

Tried to sell iPhone 3gs and iPads on adverts for 200 and 300 respectively.

Edit:

supaprice@hotmail.com too. Ipads, iPhones and a HP touchsmart

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

nickolas_matias@hotmail.com

IPhones/IPad scammer

richarhil@gmail.com

IPad scammer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

are these all people scamming on here????
    hope thats not a stupid question

amiable wrote: »
    are these all people scamming on here????
    hope thats not a stupid question
    No no, most of those I found on a different site (It was pretty up-to-date). It inspired me to create this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

No no, most of those I found on a different site (It was pretty up-to-date). It inspired me to create this one.

Excellent.... Good work my friend
    Its definitely a start

cell.phoneltd@hotmail.com - Mobert Lucio

Same as the guys above, iphone 3Gs's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

Free Puppy Scam on Gumtree.ie

talkscot2@hotmail.com
    alonzosamtata@yahoo.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mins1

first email: here he was using my old friends email, not sure how he was able to get that

************First email:
    Scammer:

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes, I came down here to United Kingdom for a short vacation unfortunately i was mugged at the park of the hotel where i stayed,all cash,credit card and cell phone were stolen off me but luckily for me i still have my passports with me.

I've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and my return flight leaves in few hours from now but am having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let me leave until i settle the bills.

I'm freaked out at the moment

Be a Realist , Remain a Dreamer........

Scammers Second email

OMG!!!Glad you replied back, This is a terrible experience, I need your help, I have nothing left on me right now and I am lucky to have my life and passports with me it would have been worst if they had made away with me passports.Well all I need now is just $750 you can have it wired to my name via Western Union i'll have to show my passport as ID to pick it up here and i promise to pay you back as soon as I get back home. Here's my info below:

NAME :Moizuddin Ahmed
    STATE : Cambridge Cambridgeshire CB4 1QQ

As soon as it has been done, kindly get back to me with the confirmation number, I promise to refund the money back including the TRANSFER CHARGES. Let me know if you are heading to the WU outlet now????

Scammers third email (I asked him his contact details, by the number provided I was able to find its a scam not my friend from this site)

Here is the hotel manger number +447024045913

Thanks Boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cronin100

nearly got caught by edmcwade7@yahoo.com for a mini cooper s on gumtree with an irish reg that checks out on cartell. he was going to ship me the car from portugal where he purports to live. wanted payment through ebay but i forwarded them on the genuine looking invoice and they say its not from them.
    if it looks too good to be true ...etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10 badger86

Was browsing the following website www.cheap-abercrombie.com but not sure if it is genuine. What do you guys think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cronin100

hi Badger
    having come close to being scammed so many times i now will only buy from unknown third parties through ebay and paypal and only if they have a track record. however even on ebay there are so many people selling fake brands and although you can get a refund through paypal you lose the postage costs each way. be careful out there::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

cronin100 wrote: »
    hi Badger
    having come close to being scammed so many times i now will only buy from unknown third parties through ebay and paypal and only if they have a track record. however even on ebay there are so many people selling fake brands and although you can get a refund through paypal you lose the postage costs each way. be careful out there::
    That is incorrect.

If you purchase an item that it counterfeit and verified as such, you will not lose out on postage either way (if disputed through paypal anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

This look too good to be true??? am I correct?

http://www.buylowauctions.com/index.php?/p/1.html

Another bidding fee scheme, i.e. a scam. You buy the bids, which means you pay not to win. The vast majority of users will lose the auction, yet still pay for the privilege. Stay away from this, and all those like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ikke

Today, I received the following (familiar-looking to readers of this thread) message, apparently from the GMAIL ID of a business acquaintance (not a close friend):

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes, I came down here to United
    Kingdom for a short vacation unfortunately i was mugged at the park
    of the hotel where i stayed,all cash,credit card and cell phone were
    stolen off me but luckily for me i still have my passport with me.
    I've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping
    issues at all and my return flight leaves in few hours from now but am
    having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't
    let me leave until i settle the bills.I'm freaked out at the moment.

When I replied to the E-mail, asking for the telephone-number of the hotel-manager, I got a response, citing the SAME telephone-number as was cited in a spoof of an eBay/PayPal message.
    Onibato Adekunle
    9,Omoniyi Street
    Surulere
    Lagos
    Nigeria
    Thanks again for using PayPal for your online auction!
    If you have any questions about your transaction,
    please call us at +447024045913
    The rest of the reply told me to send $2,250, via Western Union, to solve their financial problems. Yeah, right. Money sent via W.U. is _NOT_ traceable, at the best of times, and probably _VERY_ not traceable in NIGERIA.

It's curious that the thief did not take the passport; is it just a coincidence that Western Union will require the passport to be presented as identification, when retrieving the money-transfer?

I may send $2.25, and then claim that I got confused with the notation-conventions for currency in my country (thousand-dollars, comma, dollars, decimal, cents) versus the conventions for some European countries (dollars, comma, cents).

Oh, I might also claim that I had an automobile accent while leaving my driveway, and was unable to drive to the Western Union office at the time (11 minutes ago) that I said that I would be at the W.U. office. Oops!

I'll have to think of other excuses, while I contact the "real" owner of the GMAIL ID.

Add to the list:

gwenisadolphin@yahoo.com

Spammed the crap out of adverts.

FU DOLPHIN!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ikke

ikke wrote: »
    I'll have to think of other excuses, while I contact the "real" owner of the GMAIL ID.

Well, I tried another E-mail to the compromised GMAIL ID, but the ID has been deleted -- either the "real" owner closed the account, or GMAIL killed the account.

The scammer has not tried contacting me, via a different E-mail ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

Have tries to contact this seller several time about my order "Perfume as a birthday present" as you guessed no reply. I also believe that a lot of people on this forum have had the same experiences.

http://www.bodyhaven.ie/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Have tries to contact this seller several time about my order "Perfume as a birthday present" as you guessed no reply. I also believe that a lot of people on this forum have had the same experiences.

http://www.bodyhaven.ie/index.php

Have ordered from bodyhaven in the past, twice, successfully. I will add that the second time I ordered it took around a month at least for my order to arrive.

Am currently waiting a month + for my third order with them (why did I bother), sent two emails and received nothing back. Anyone else order recently?

It would seem that Bodyhaven have gone out of business.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67877767&postcount=121

If you paid with a credit card, charge back now. Anything else and your money is probably gone.

jor el wrote: »
    It would seem that Bodyhaven have gone out of business.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67877767&postcount=121

If you paid with a credit card, charge back now. Anything else and your money is probably gone.

Looked for a credit card, charge back,but was told by a BOI rep I have to wait 29 days to allow for my purchase to arrive.Is this the norm :confused::confused:???

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

My e-mail account, which I have had for a number of years seems to have disappeared. The day before it "disappeared" I received an email asking me to confirm that I still use the account and to give my password and d.o.b. It said that if I didnt send this information, my account would be closed down. I have opened up a new email account and have contacted admin at msm to report the problem, they said it would be looked into. That was a month ago and I havnt been able to contact them since - my e-mails keep getting returned my postmaster. How can I get my old e-mail account back?

Looked for a credit card, charge back,but was told by a BOI rep I have to wait 29 days to allow for my purchase to arrive.Is this the norm :confused::confused:???

Yes, there will always be a grace period before you can request a charge back, in order to allow for delays in shipping. Anyway, none of this really belongs on this thread. A business going bust doesn't make the scammers.
    bmarley wrote: »
    How can I get my old e-mail account back?

Not appropriate to this thread of forum. Try Computers.

jor el wrote: »
    Yes, there will always be a grace period before you can request a charge back, in order to allow for delays in shipping. Anyway, none of this really belongs on this thread. A business going bust doesn't make the scammers.

Not appropriate to this thread of forum. Try Computers.
    The site is still in operation as of today 13/12/2010,so people should still be informed that there money will be taking via Credit card or some other means,and they will not receive any goods.or replys to there E Mails

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Add this one to the list alicecage73@gmail.com and this vokal.alice98983676@globomail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Hi

Please add these ones to the list:

- simplerose4@yahoo.co.uk
    - p99toyz@gmail.com

Same old story, you have an ad on Gumtree, somebody answers and is asking to send the stuff to Nigeria, all payments to be done via PayPal.
    Suddenly, some money is added to the original sum and you have to send it back via Western Union, otherwise you have the guys from Interpol and Metropolitan Police on your back.

I rang PayPal, they told me, they don't have any members in Nigeria and asked me to be cautious with spoof mails, apparently coming from PayPal, for example:
    - shipment_infoverifier@accountant.com
    - service@Intl.paypal.co.uk

Greetings
    Lars1916

Advertisement