Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Border Rail Corridor?

• 17-12-2009 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭

Steering committee to lobby for local rail network
    Dec 16 2009

A steering committee is to be established in order to lobby for the development of a rail network throughout the border region.

South Monaghan County Councillor Matt Carthy represented Monaghan County Council at a recent meeting of the Border Counties Rail Group and described the event as a 'very positive one'.

The Sinn Fein representative believes that County Monaghan could become a central point in a future rail network to cater for the North West and Border Region of Ireland.

It's hoped the proposed project would be a cross-border one with economic and environmental benefits outlined by its supporters.
    A former Green Councillor in Monaghan was also talking about this before the last election.

Given the low population density, dispersed settlement pattern and lack of significant urban areas, the Border Region would seem to be ill-suited for railway investment but ... well I think we may have been down this track already in a different location ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭biffoman

baalthor wrote: »
    A former Green Councillor in Monaghan was also talking about this before the last election.

Given the low population density, dispersed settlement pattern and lack of significant urban areas, the Border Region would seem to be ill-suited for railway investment but ... well I think we may have been down this track already in a different location ....
    i feel this project will be DERAILED before too long.

Advertisement