Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would there be any appetite for a Debate on Religion or God's Existence?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

PDN wrote: »
    If you really want something more enlightened then why not get two of each on either side. I have met plenty of fair-minded atheists (although admittedly they are scarce on these boards) who can see much that is positive in religious culture and heritage, and there should be no difficulty finding a couple of Christian secularists.

Okay, I'll run it up the flag-pole. Thanks for the suggestion; helpful feedback is appreciated. Wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

PDN wrote: »
    If you really want something more enlightened then why not get two of each on either side. I have met plenty of fair-minded atheists (although admittedly they are scarce on these boards) who can see much that is positive in religious culture and heritage, and there should be no difficulty finding a couple of Christian secularists.

We could pit a Christian secularist versus a Christian who believes that Church and State shouldn't be separated to make it a bit different to the usual atheist/theist squabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Wacker wrote: »
    Ahh! Please, can you all stop following what I'm sure is an intrinsic instinct (is the word 'intrinsic' a derivative of 'instinct'? Actually, answer this question!) at this point? I read as fare as post #24, (Soul Winner's post), which Wicknight gave a fairly substantive reply to, and I'm now about ready to despair. I'm a man of real simple pleasures; I just want to get a debate together, and none of this is helping!
    Just answe this question for me: if the motion were to be the one I already suggested (The decline of religion in the western world is to be lamented), could I get people to propose this motion?

Please?! No ulterior motives here, honest!

If I think of anything interesting I'll post it.

Advertisement