Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First gameplay footage of Medal of Honor revealed

Options
  • 14-12-2009 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

moh580cropnewea.jpg

It's been a while since the Medal of Honor franchise has found its way on to store shelves, but we're interested for what the series will bring to the crowded realm of modern shooters. At tonight's 2009 Video Game Awards, the first footage of the recently revealed Medal of Honor impressed with solid visuals and a metric ton of explosions. Not enough for you? The gameplay trailer concluded with one NPC kicking a booby trapped prisoner through a high rise window. Now we're not marketing pros, but that should be the first bullet point on the back of the game's box. Check out the trailer -- after the break.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/medal-of-spike-tv/59827

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

That's just a (crap) teaser trailer that you've linked to...
    Think this is the one you wanted;
    http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/medal-of-honor/336310

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

FAIL trailer.

Here's the link to the World Premiere one from the Spike VGAs ;) w/gameplay !

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/medal-of-spike-tv/59826

I can already hear the comparisons to COD:MW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

SeantheMan wrote: »

I can already hear the comparisons to COD:MW

It's inevitable really. Looks ok in the trailer but they'll need something special to set it apart from Modern Warfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Haha ! The end of the trailer is pretty class :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭knoximus

tman wrote: »
    That's just a (crap) teaser trailer that you've linked to...
    Think this is the one you wanted;
    http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/medal-of-honor/336310

The link is there if u took the effort to look :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,898 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yawn. Looks like a call of duty clone. Try to be more original EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Retr0gamer wrote: »

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Spec Ops: The Line looks pretty good though, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's inevitable really. Looks ok in the trailer but they'll need something special to set it apart from Modern Warfare.
    Their version of the airport level has you killing black homosexuals in wheelchairs, so that should give their sales a boost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

knoximus wrote: »
    The link is there if u took the effort to look :cool:

Sorry, missed that!

You're not exactly in the position to accuse someone of not making the effort though, your post was just a copy and paste job;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭knoximus

tman wrote: »
    Sorry, missed that!

You're not exactly in the position to accuse someone of not making the effort though, your post was just a copy and paste job;)

Of coarse.;). Passing the info along.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

decidedly unimpressed.

It looks graphically on par with the first CoD:MW. Doesn't even look comparable to Killzone 2.

If the game has a dedicated 4 person coop sp campaign it might just pull itself ahead of MW2 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Is it just me or do the characters look like they're made of dough?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Retr0gamer wrote: »

We shouldn't write it off as a COD clone just because of a short trailer that shows shooting and guns. COD itself was no more original when it came out first.

At least the conflict in Afghanistan is real. Unlike Russia's assault on Burgertown.

Is it just me or do the characters look like they're made of dough?

Nah, I think some of them just had bags on their heads!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I thought that was pretty poor. They'll have to fix it up for any new footage, it looks bland and average and some sections wouldn't be comparable to MW1.

0:27 when they're breaching and there's a Night Vision shot of the rifle, I mean that looks PS2!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

it looks bland and average and some sections wouldn't be comparable to MW1.
    0:27 when they're breaching and there's a Night Vision shot of the rifle, I mean that looks PS2!

WOW!! What video were you watching exactly?? You have an incredibely over-inflated memory of the PS2's aabilities!
    Bland?? It looks incredible, far better than MW1 and better also than MW2. The above is clearly a comment from someone who could never consider any game, especially an MOH game, to be better in any way than COD.

People were always gonna slate MOH. If they'd stayed WW2 people would say..."Oh, not WW2 again, its been done to death. Why cant they be more like COD?!" And so forth and so on.
    There both modern war games, course ther'll be alot of comparisons. Like Forza and GT(Still waiting:p), an R8 looks about the same in both.
    COD didnt invent the mordern war setting, I believe EA had the battlefield series before IF switched to modern, and COD's stats and rank system is quiet similar to Battlefield's 2.
    Besides if they take some of the favourite aspects from COD(We'll assume those were shots from an AC-130 gunship), and add their own like flying an AH-64 Apache.

Looking forward to this one, but in the mean time back to MW2.:D

WOW!! What video were you watching exactly??

This one - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/medal-of-spike-tv/59826

It's the best, most recent video I could get.
    You have an incredibely over-inflated memory of the PS2's aabilities!

This sounds utterly ridiculous. I'm just stating what it looks like and making a tongue-in-cheek joke.
    Bland?? It looks incredible, far better than MW1 and better also than MW2.

You think that? Modern Warfare and 2 looks far, far better imo.
    The above is clearly a comment from someone who could never consider any game, especially an MOH game, to be better in any way than COD.

Not at all. Medal of Honour Underground was probably one of my favourites FPS's ever. I played Pacific Assault, Allied Assault, Airborne etc. and liked them all. I'm receptive towards this and I've an interest in Special Forces and Afghanistan. Also in this thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055758499 I stated my interest in the game and am looking forward to it, I just think it really needs to be fixed or polished, my opinion. It's always going to be compared to MW2 and its predeccesor because it's the biggest and most popular FPS around perhaps?
    People were always gonna slate MOH.

I'm giving my opinion. It's always going to be compared to MW2 and its predeccesor because it's the biggest and most popular FPS around. It has a tough battle but when it's released I'll be having a look at it.

This sounds utterly ridiculous. I'm just stating what it looks like and making a tongue-in-cheek joke.
    quote]

I dont see whats utterly ridiculous?

But the rest, fair enough, I jumped on you unfairly.
    As far as comparison goes, I made that point myself.

I dont see whats utterly ridiculous?

But the rest, fair enough, I jumped on you unfairly.
    As far as comparison goes, I made that point myself.

You stated this -
    You have an incredibely over-inflated memory of the PS2's aabilities!

That's what's ridiculous. I was making a small comparision. MOH has to keep up with today's games and needs superior graphics, which are probably crucial for gamers. I just thought they were poor in certain scenes. Just a hark-back to the PS2. :)

• Advertisement

Well my point was it doesnt look anything like a PS2 game. I mean, if your gonna say what I said is ridiculous ,I could easily say the same for what you said.
    Boards doesnt have a voice tone, kinda hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic or joking or whatever, especially when a ! is used. :p might have been useful if you were indeed joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

and here i always thought the COD titles where the ones ripping the MOH/EA titles back in the day...

MOH: Underground.... French Catacombs!! brings me waay back hehe now to fin that damn ps1 and give it a whirl!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

smooch71 wrote: »
    Unlike Russia's assault on Burgertown.

you werent there maaannn!!!!

At least the conflict in Afghanistan is real. Unlike Russia's assault on Burgertown.

That was my favourite level. At least with the Modern setting they have more scope to invent conflicts with new settings rather than having to stick to a more historically accurate WW II setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

That was my favourite level. At least with the Modern setting they have more scope to invent conflicts with new settings rather than having to stick to a more historically accurate WW II setting.

hahaha most contradictory post ever!! hahaahahaha

so your saying they cant make up settings from the WW2 era?? haha funny guy!

But let's leave the stupid far fetched storylines to the Halo franchise.

hahaha most contradictory post ever!! hahaahahaha

so your saying they cant make up settings from the WW2 era?? haha funny guy!

WW II only took place in certain countries with WWII games usually based around the major battles. It's rare to see a WWII era game based around fictional settings such as for example a german invasion of ireland. They tend to base the games around historical battles.

If you bothered to read my post properly you'd find i never said they could'nt make up conflicts or new settings for a WWII era game but that because of historical accuracy they don't have a lot of scope to do so.

With the modern era shooters you can make up future conflicts and not be as constricted as a WWII era shooter.

But let's leave the stupid far fetched storylines to the Halo franchise.

Even though it was far-fetched it was still entertaining to be fighting around the suburbs and streets of Washington.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

that looks kick ass. forget the cod comparisons. more aaa production value modern warfare? yes please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

the single player campaign from both MW's has been two short and the storyline too convoluted. Certainly MW's multiplayer is epic, but there is a lot of room for improvement in terms of the single player campaign.

Advertisement