Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northside Blues Radio Series

Options
  • 14-12-2009 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Northside Blues Radio Series
    Northside Blues is a three-part series which takes a closer look at the
    Blues Music scene on northside Dublin and beyond. In the series listeners
    will hear local bands Pat Farrell & the Business, The Mary Stokes Band and Left Right & Centre unleash their blistering blues sets on very appreciative audiences.

The series also features tall tales of rock n'roll and in studio acoustic sessions from all the bands.
    This series will be broadcast for the first time over the festive period. It is funny, engaging and best of all the music is real, raw and played to the highest quality.

Programme 1- Pat Farrell and the Business -Thursday 17th Dec @ 2-3pm
    Programme 2 - The Mary Stokes Band - Thursday 24th Dec @ 2 -3pm
    Programme 3 - Left Right and Centre - Thursday 31st Dec @ 2-3pm

All programmes will broadcast on 90.3fm and live streaming world-wide on
    www.near.ie

This series is funded by the BAI Sound and Vision scheme .
    Stay tuned to near 90fm and wwww.near.ie for more!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Bodysmart

That's fantastic. I'll definitely tune in.

Dublin has some absolutely fantastic blues bands. I always support them whenever I can because often, they struggle to even get gigs.

I plan to be a part of the scene soon with my own band. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

Cool. good to hear. whats your band called? near 90fm may be helping to stage more blues gigs in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

will this appear as a podcast on their site at some stage?

Northside Blues - Programme 2 - Dec 24th 2-3pm

Mary Stokes and her band will be the featured artists on an hour-long show on Christmas Eve, 2 - 3pm, on Near 90FM (90.3fm).
    The show will feature live tracks from a typical powerhouse performance with Mary's full band, plus in-studio acoustic songs and interviews with Mary and long-time partner in the blues, harmonica player Brian Palm.
    Northside Blues is a three-part series which takes a closer look at the Blues Music scene on the north side of Dublin and beyond. In the first programme in the series, broadcast last Thursday, listeners heard from Pat Farrell and The Business, with Farrell ably demonstrating why he is considered one of Dublin's finest blues stylists.

The Mary Stokes Band and Left Right & Centre follow, as they are captured unleashing their blistering blues sets on very appreciative audiences. The series also features tall tales of rock n'roll, and in-studio acoustic sessions from all the bands.

The remaining programme times are:
    The Mary Stokes Band - Thursday 24th Dec @ 2 -3pm
    Left Right and Centre - Thursday 31st Dec @ 2-3pm

"We're really pleased to be part of The Northside Blues Radio Series project," Mary told Hot Press. "It is a great initiative, which underlines what a valuable service a station like Near FM provides."

Near FM is available on 90.3fm and there is live streaming world-wide on:
    www.near.ie The series is funded by the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland's 'Sound and Vision' scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭Rigsby

OP, you might be interested in this thread, and possibly may be able to do something about it. ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055776213

• Advertisement

rory is a legend. while I dont dj myself on near 90fm , I know a fair few of our volunteers who play rory regularly. we play a much larger than average slice of Irish music on the station with loads of programmes dedicated to different genres of music. I agree though that there is a problem generally on Irish radio of not enough good Irish music getting played, especially a gem like rory.

BTW: anyone out there who has a genuine interest in rory and fancies doing a regular programme on his and other Irish music could become a volunteer and take over the airwaves on near 90fm.

pm me for more details

:)

BTW: anyone out there who has a genuine interest in rory and fancies doing a regular programme on his and other Irish music could become a volunteer and take over the airwaves on near 90fm.

pm me for more details

Check your inbox! :)

Anyone lazing around at home on their xmas holiers can tune into programme 3 of the series right now. www.near.ie for live streaming or 90.3fm on your dial if you live on northside dublin.

Listening to it now - great stuff :cool:

For another opportunity to listen to the series; Northside Blues will be broadcast again back to back this Sunday Jan 10th from 8.30pm - 11.30pm.

Pat Farrell and The Business - 8.30 - 9.30pm
    The Mary Stokes band - 9.30pm - 10.30pm
    Left right and Centre - 10.30pm - 11.30pm

Tune in to near 90.3fm on your dial or if you cannot receive the station listen in online www.near.ie

cheers

• Advertisement

hey bodysmart
    I did email a while back regarding the possibility of you volunteering with near fm ... if you didnt receieve it pm me and i will send on details

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Powerplate

hey bodysmart
    I did email a while back regarding the possibility of you volunteering with near fm ... if you didnt receieve it pm me and i will send on details

Hi Paul - I had to change my profile name from Bodysmart to this one - got your message and have emailed you back. Very much still interested. :)

Advertisement