Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you Sell Out?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Would I sell out just for the sake of greed? No...

Would I sell out to fund my less lucrative personal tastes in music production / put bread on the table? Yes.

I do respect DJ and producers who stay "true to their game"...BUT...only if they can afford to do that. Some people simply "sell out" to fund what they really love doing...is that such a crime?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

empirix wrote: »
    i read somewhere that Aphex twin has released club tunes but totally distances himself from them using an alias and takes no recognition, just in it for the dosh!

More like he just enjoys making them and doesn't want to use the name Aphex Twin for them... Doubt very much he'd earn more off a tune under an alias than he would off the back of a full AFX lp to be honest... Loads of producers use a whole bunch of pseudonyms for stuff in different genres or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

More like he just enjoys making them and doesn't want to use the name Aphex Twin for them... Doubt very much he'd earn more off a tune under an alias than he would off the back of a full AFX lp to be honest... Loads of producers use a whole bunch of pseudonyms for stuff in different genres or whatever.
    Exactly. Most artists would have fairly varied tastes in music and aliases are a good way to stop confusion when releasing stuff in different genres.

Advertisement