Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mariusz "Dominator" Pudzianowski vs Marcin "El Testosteron" Najman

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Ive seen vids of Marius hitting pads and its not pretty, windmilling arm punches, feet planted flat, and holding his breath the entire time.

I could see Marius gassing and getting TKO'd inside 2 rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Holy jesus I have seen some bad pad holders but this guy takes the biscuit

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

Fresh2000 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

5 time strongest man in the wold Pudzian is having his debut in MMA tonight.

More info here: http://www.mmafight.com/2009/09/worlds-strongest-man-mariusz-pudzianowski-to-make-mma-debut-against-marcin-najman-dec-11/

If you want to watch it here is the site that will stream it, we just need to leave comment (You don't need to be registered user to do so) that we want to see it here: http://megarelease.net/index.php/megasports/

What time does it start? 6.45?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Mariuzs needs to floor him in the first 30 seconds or i would expect its gonna be a bad night for him, be shocked if his tank will stretch past the first round, serious serious muscle mass to be lugging around the cage

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Im going to put my Sherdogger hat on and call it a fix if he wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

he really is getting himself around these days

I found the live feed - http://fullyflexed.com/streaming-mariusz-pudzianowski-mma-debut
    It seems that the main event is due later on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Marius lashed into him with a few hoofy looking leg kicks then got on top and got a GNP finish all within about 1 minute

It took him 44 sec only to win the fight with the low kicks(horse kicks more likely)

Oh man ,he is really very strong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Fresh2000

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Wow.............that was absolutely disgusting

good all round display of MMA...hands down chin up throw kick...solid

It took him 44 sec only to win the fight with the low kicks(horse kicks more likely)

Oh man ,he is really very strong

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

What about Marius wearing shoes! Is that even allowed?

Attire
    All competitors must fight in approved shorts, without shoes or any other sort of foot padding. Shirts, gis or long pants (including gi pants) are not allowed. Fighters must use approved light gloves (4-6 ounces) that allow fingers to grab.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_martial_arts_rules

Any views on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

What about Marius wearing shoes! Is that even allowed?

Attire
    All competitors must fight in approved shorts, without shoes or any other sort of foot padding. Shirts, gis or long pants (including gi pants) are not allowed. Fighters must use approved light gloves (4-6 ounces) that allow fingers to grab.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_martial_arts_rules

Any views on that?

these are the unified rules that many organisations follow but they are not universal rules and organisations can and will pick and choose to add or subtract what they want - if an org wants to allow the wearing of wrestling shoes, its a promotions choice - and as this is a polish event, what the nsac or a similar body thinks is of no relevence

you will find many us orgs that still allow footwear, albeit the fighter is generally not allowed to kick with the shoe in those cases and likits themselves to shin strikesin a some cases or no kicking at all in most - this was the position adapted bu the ufc way back when as some will remember

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

you will find many us orgs that still allow footwear, albeit the fighter is generally not allowed to kick with the shoe in those cases and likits themselves to shin strikesin a some cases or no kicking at all in most - this was the position adapted bu the ufc way back when as some will remember[/quote]

Yeah, Ken shamrock was a big fan of his wrestling shoes back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

And to think I was completely lambasted on this forum a few months back when I stated that I think he actually could do well in MMA :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 A_M

looked very unprofetional to me -.-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

What did you honestly expect from him? i can't even begin to imagine the force behing those kicks and punches absolutly brutal power!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭aws

maybe powerful punches but the kicks displayed no technique at all , looked like he was kicking a football.

With proper technique his kicks could be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

And to think I was completely lambasted on this forum a few months back when I stated that I think he actually could do well in MMA :rolleyes:

wasnt that thread comparing him to an athlete of brock lesnars level. he beat ONE polish dude and you are saying he's done well in mma? i would stake my life on this guy getting nowhere near high level mma

danlen wrote: »
    wasnt that thread comparing him to an athlete of brock lesnars level. he beat ONE polish dude and you are saying he's done well in mma? i would stake my life on this guy getting nowhere near high level mma

Are you serious? Read my opening post it was clearly in jest I even added the :p smiley to show that. What I did say was he could be good in MMA for which I was treated in a condescending tone by even mods here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭cletus

as regards the professionalism of the fight, or the technical ability, I think people are getting slightly aheadd of themselves. THe only reason any of us watched this fight was becaus of Mariusz, did anybody else watch the rest of the card? wouls anybody have watched his opponent if Mariusz hadnt been in the ring as well?

The fight went pretty much as I thought it might. Big pro strong man fights low tiered mma fighter and overwhelmes him. Surprise, not really, Ready to take the UFC heavyweight belt/beat Fedor, prob not

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Fresh2000

common guys, he just starts here, he has trained for 2 - 3 months only. He has some background with karate and boxing but really were you expecting technique from him? He was saying all the time that plan for the fight is to win.

He said he wants to represent Poland in MMA and actualy I think we will see professionalism of the fight, or the technical ability more and more in fights to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

His opponent was a former pro boxer with also zero mma experience no?

Stick two guys in the cage with no experience and I'd bet the guy with the 20kg advantage wins 99/100

anyone know how Dean Amasinger who was on TUF UKvsUSA got on?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Are you serious? Read my opening post it was clearly in jest I even added the :p smiley to show that. What I did say was he could be good in MMA for which I was treated in a condescending tone by even mods here.

and what has he done to prove you right so far?? beat some unknown pole in one fight.

tbh i think its your tone that is condescending, not the mods. talking as if you warned us about this 'superstar' months ago. what the mods and everyone else said back then still makes sense and nothing has proved them wrong. look back at their posts and tell me who's comments were wrong and condescending...

• Advertisement

danlen wrote: »
    and what has he done to prove you right so far?? beat some unknown pole in one fight.

Well he won his first professional MMA debut for one.
    tbh i think its your tone that is condescending, not the mods. talking as if you warned us about this 'superstar' months ago. what the mods and everyone else said back then still makes sense and nothing has proved them wrong. look back at their posts and tell me who's comments were wrong and condescending...

I never said he would be superstar just that if he keeps training like he is he could definitely be at the top level in a few years. Look at Marcus Jones with less than 2 years training getting to the semi final of the ultimate fighter. He keeps training and in 5 years time he could be lethal with that sheer size and strength.

Advertisement