Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my first cap warning from Smart

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

weisses wrote: »
    Every isp in europe would have a FUP (dl cap) ... How rigorously they enforce them is the difference here i think ... providers here in Ireland are pretty strict when it comes to people exceeding their FUP .... I know The Netherlands and the Scandinavian providers are not so strict

UPC are Dutch owned.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

_Sidhe_ wrote: »
    UPC are Dutch owned.;)
    We are not talking about UPC, UPC's 250GB is very generous and enough for most heavy users. We are talking about other companies, smart, BT etc and there equivalents in other countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

CutzEr wrote: »
    We are not talking about UPC, UPC's 250GB is very generous and enough for most heavy users. We are talking about other companies, smart, BT etc and there equivalents in other countries.

Quite a few posters in here will argue that UPC's 250 isn't very generous (I'm far from being one of them BTW).
    And I'm sure that if it was 500 or a terabyte you'd still get people complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

postdarwin wrote: »
    I had no idea that they had introduced caps (they have) despite always promising that would never do this.

postdarwin wrote: »
    they've been taken over by DigiWeb since last month

Maybe questionable business practices such as promising to never enforce caps had something to do with the whole "going into examinership" then taken over by another company.

Like its been said already, bandwidth costs money and running an ISP like that while very good for us is like standing over a bonfire empting and your pockets to keep warm for a business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Smart are restricting (throttling) lines over the cap as well...tho 800+gb (due to two modems authenticating with the same un/pw) is a little high.

Magnet I think might be the next move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I like Eircom.

You are in a very small minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I have eircom package, and it's a 10gb monthly allowance, only twice have i ever gone over it, and nothing has happened.

I like Eircom.
    Im with eircom. I used to download in the 300-500gb range per month but never got any warnings at all. So i like eircom too!! :-)

Advertisement