Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Photowalk in Dublin Sat 12th

Options
  • 09-12-2009 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,

Bord Gáis has organised a photowalk for this Saturday (12th December) in Dublin City Centre, in conjunction with their Christmas '09 group on Pix.ie.

It's a bit short notice, but the idea is for a few of us to get together and enjoy a festive photowalk around the city, capture a bit of Christmas spirit and upload our pictures to the Bord Gáis Christmas 09 group on pix.ie (http://pix.ie/group/christmas09). Hopefully we'll also help them to reach their upload target - if they get enough shots uploaded there will be €10k donated to the Dublin Lord Mayor's Christmas fund.

We are going to meet at the Spire on O'Connell Street at 4pm on Saturday 12th, and will wrap up the walk at 6-6.30pm (exact location TBC), so that we can all meet-up, catch-up & chat, as well as enjoy a drink courtesy of the guys at Bord Gáis too. (That's the kind of Christmas spirit we all like! haha)

I hope you can make it. If you are interested, please confirm below and I'll add names to the list. I'll update about the final destination for those drinks as soon as I can too!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Just to add - this is all signed off and officially passed by ourselves and we support it and all that jazz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cloudsteph

Weather is forecast to be dry and crisp - hurrah! Might hop on at some stage in the afternoon with my lowly compact :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mohans

sounds like fun, i'll be up for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I'll be on a plane back from Cork at that stage. Pity.

Hope you all have fun guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Hmm I wonder if my holga lens wants to try night shooting... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Haven't attended a photowalk yet so would have liked to go to this one, unfortunately I'll be up in Belfast on Saturday :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭DSLinAbsentia

Looking forward to it, batteries charged, camera at the ready. Go, go, go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Not able to make in as work commitments take over - but as a tip for you all, if you head to the loopline rail bridge over the Liffey around 1630/1700 you will get a great shot of a RPSI 1940's steam train with an old CIE green wooden set of carraiges on a Christmas Special. They have 3 journeys that day from Pearse to Maynooth, at 1000/1300 and 1630/1700. Hope its of interest to someone here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DenaW

one2one wrote: »
    Not able to make in as work commitments take over - but as a tip for you all, if you head to the loopline rail bridge over the Liffey around 1630/1700 you will get a great shot of a RPSI 1940's steam train with an old CIE green wooden set of carraiges on a Christmas Special. They have 3 journeys that day from Pearse to Maynooth, at 1000/1300 and 1630/1700. Hope its of interest to someone here.

What a great tip, thanks!

Sorry you won't be able to make it though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

My weekend plans have just changed.... will be there.

And a big thank you to one2one for that tip. Nice to know where you will see a rare photo opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭eightcell

I should be able to make it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

SOunds like fun, I might try and make it in for this :) Dying to take a few pics of some of the crazy house decorations and lights I've been seeing too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Jaysis, late promoting this one!

I don't think I'll be able to attend but if I can pop down I will for sure. Photo's and a pint? Hells yeah :D

Jaysis, late promoting this one!

I don't think I'll be able to attend but if I can pop down I will for sure. Photo's and a pint? Hells yeah :D
    yeah, it's a bit short notice, for one reason or another. better late than never though eh? and a free drink at the end is always good news imho ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

looking forward to it. so much so I logged in for the first time in nearly a year!

prefer stalkerism ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭aidan18

I 'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭DutchGuy

I'll probably be there too, might bring a friend as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Will definately try to be there, sounds good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

sounds good ; I'm going to try to be there

should we bring tripods or is it a pint and shoot walkThanks Aidan

• Advertisement

Hi Aidan,

I'm going to keep it pretty open tbh. I'm in the middle of planning a loose route to follow, but am hoping to keep it flexible for people. I'll probably highlight key points to meet at along the way & then let people do their thing in between.

Unless people have a preference for something specific? I'm open to suggestions.

:)

Hi,

I'm pulling together a loose route for tomorrow, which is roughly as follows at the moment:

Spire -> Henry Street -> Jervis Street (where the fair's on) -> down to the Liffey -> Temple Bar -> Possible Cows Lane (for the Christmas market) ->Wicklow/Exchequer Street -> Grafton Street -> End point for drinks (i'm waiting on confirmation of the venue at the moment)

Is there anything people would prefer we include, take out etc? I can't promise to do everything, but I'm open to suggestion as I want to make sure it's fun for everyone. Thanks :)

Meet at spire and go with the flow no panic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I will be coming along

@Aidan18 - that's what I'm hoping for anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

Dena, good Luck with the photowalk, cutting foam unfortunately Have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

turns out I wont be able to make it tonight. Forgot about something going on.

Have fun guys; really wish I was going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Bride and groom on a sleigh ride with real horses. Bride and groom decorating the tree. Bride and groom baking christmas cookies. Bride and groom tied together with a great big Christmas bow or breaking out of a big wrapped box under the tree together. Dressing up like Mr and Mrs Clause and climbing in a chimney together (may be dangerous however).

What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Sorry about that. I meant to delete that post when I banned the poster.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Nuked. :)

Advertisement