Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rover 75 [split thread]

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

VM, you usually talk sense, and not bollox so whats with this erronious statement?

I'm sorry, but I'm going to stand by what I said. You can say what you want about the 75, but its interior was definitely one of its strong points, being beautifully constructed and oozing quality from every last detail.

Here's an example:

membermccabe_01.jpg

From the contrasted piped leather to the antique style clocks on the dashboard, I don't think I've seen a plusher interior in a car of that class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

The MG ZT is after making it onto my list of cars I can realistically afford in the near future. Along with an Alfa 156 GTA and Volvo S60R.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I'm going to stand by what I said. You can say what you want about the 75, but its interior was definitely one of its strong points, being beautifully constructed and oozing quality from every last detail.

Here's an example:

And that's not even the highest spec. Mine's got the BMW Navigation/TV setup with the Harman Kardon sound system, and heated seats on top of that too.

Bit of an idiotic thread. It's a drivers car, and it isn't at the same time. It isn't, because it's not a hot hatch/sporty saloon, I should know, I've got one of those too. But it is a drivers car if you look at it from the right perspective. I'm 31, and I needed a car I could run my business from, and out of pure luck, I think I've managed to find the highest spec 75 built. And it's an estate too, which is what I needed. For the money I paid, I could have had a bog standard Octavia/Mondeo/A4 estate, but I got a car with :

BMW 320d Engine
    Automatic
    Xenons with Washers
    PDC
    17"s
    SatNav (With up to date maps)
    TV
    Harman Kardon Sound System
    6 Disc CD Changer
    iPod interface
    Heated Seats
    Cruise Control
    Climate Control
    Electrically Ajustable Seats with Memory
    Autodimming Interior Mirror
    Electrically Folding Mirrors
    Wood Dash
    Wood Steering Wheel
    Leather
    Armrest
    MFSW
    Front Fogs
    Exterior Chrome Pack

So, as a place, for a driver, into cars, and gadgets to be, it's not bad. And they're complete bargains, I got mine for less than 4k. I really enjoy driving it as a luxobarge, and it never ever fails to put a smile on my face. So for that alone, I'd definitely recommend one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

If you ever decide to change car, you'd probably make close to what you paid for it - breaking it for spares and selling to the owners club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I'm going to stand by what I said.
    membermccabe_01.jpg

No need to apologize for being wrong:D
    And as for that pic.............Yuck, that plasticy steering wheel FFS, the state of it!:eek:

• Advertisement

No need to apologize for being wrong:D
    And as for that pic.............Yuck, that plasticy steering wheel FFS, the state of it!:eek:
    It's real walnut and leather. Are you being deliberately obtuse now?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭COB MGV8

So, as a place, for a driver, into cars, and gadgets to be, it's not bad. And they're complete bargains, I got mine for less than 4k. I really enjoy driving it as a luxobarge, and it never ever fails to put a smile on my face. So for that alone, I'd definitely recommend one.

Where did you get it from ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

COB MGV8 wrote: »

The UK I believe. Very few of them here, especially a lack of autos.

COB MGV8 wrote: »
    He got his up north if I recall correctly.

Tragedy wrote: »
    It's real walnut and leather. Are you being deliberately obtuse now?

nope - I just feckin hate the Rover 75 interior PERIOD!
    It's an awful interior on a god awful sh8tbox car.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You called it plasticky. It isn't. It's leather and wood.
    That makes you wrong.

For like the fifth time this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Is that the fragrance "eau de troll"?

Tragedy wrote: »
    You called it plasticky. It isn't. It's leather and wood.
    That makes you wrong.

For like the fifth time this thread.

nope - the whole dash is not made of leather and wood, only some facia trim.
    The Rover 75 is not worth defending here FFs, there's better cars to defend and get all emotive about, get a grip. It's all about the Pretentiousness of it all, Bargain bucket Chavisness........horrible.
    And this is my opinion, to which i'm entitled, so that does not make me wrong no matter what feeble retort you come back with.

Mailman wrote: »
    Is that the fragrance "eau de troll"?

go mod your own backyard MM and smell you're own odour on some forums.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Right, this is just getting obnoxious and not going anywhere. Locking this thread, to save the inevitable bans if this stays open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement