Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone up for a mini-beers on Wednesday? (5pm-ish at the Pav)

Options
  • 07-12-2009 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭

Sorry to start a new thread for this, but nowhere else to shove it really. Bumped into the (somewhat :P) lovely Craguls and A_Neurotic today and beers on Wednesday have been suggested (as we're stuck in college either voluntarily or otherwise :( ).. so just wondering if anyone would be up for going for a few earlyish drinks in the Pav? Doesn't look like we'll get a proper one going before Christmas what with some people having exams/a life/insert excuse here, so if anyone happens to be about Wednesday it might be fun?

If you are free, suggest a time, I'm about from 4/5 and I know the other two can be as well (or they said they could, so that's the important thing)!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Sure why not. I'll probably be floating around college from about 12 onwards anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Sorry to start a new thread for this, but nowhere else to shove it really. Bumped into the (somewhat :P) lovely Craguls and A_Neurotic today and beers on Wednesday have been suggested (as we're stuck in college either voluntarily or otherwise :( ).. so just wondering if anyone would be up for going for a few earlyish drinks in the Pav? Doesn't look like we'll get a proper one going before Christmas what with some people having exams/a life/insert excuse here, so if anyone happens to be about Wednesday it might be fun?

If you are free, suggest a time, I'm about from 4/5 and I know the other two can be as well (or they said they could, so that's the important thing)!

As distressing as it sounds, I (The token Belfield Tech student) cannot make it, exam the next day.

If you let A_Neurotic drink, you are basically helping him fail his exams even more dramatically.

If you are letting Craguls drink, please take his phone off him until Thurs, I need to study for my Matrices Exam.......

:(

I suggest trying to organise beers for the first week of term well in advance, meaning people will have no excuse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

phlegms wrote: »
    Sure why not. I'll probably be floating around college from about 12 onwards anyway.

\o/ That's 4 already. I do good work.
    Fad wrote: »
    As distressing as it sounds, I (The token Belfield Tech student) cannot make it, exam the next day.

If you let A_Neurotic drink, you are basically helping him fail his exams even more dramatically.

If you are letting Craguls drink, please take his phone off him until Thurs, I need to study for my Matrices Exam.......

I suggest trying to organise beers for the first week of term well in advance, meaning people will have no excuse :D

Come for like.. 5 minutes/a drink! You'll be at the open day anyway.. :P G'wan. A_Neurotic is being bribed with chocolate if he passes exams so no failure is allowed. God, I'm bribing people a lot these days. ;_;

And I'll either take his phone or change your number on it! That do? :P

Definitely beers early next term, I'm planning on relaxing, happy in the knowledge that my hours are slightly less crap. Back to 1pm Mondays! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I may come... I'm only in college from 2 til 3.30. Although I should probably do some christmas shopping.

fonpokno wrote: »
    I may come... I'm only in college from 2 til 3.30. Although I should probably do some christmas shopping.

Lectures -> Shopping -> Pav! :D It can't fail..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

You do make a good point. First I have to go to my local library and see how much money they want off me. I've had their books for months... :( That will determine how much money there is for shopping and in turn how much money there is for drinking!

fonpokno wrote: »
    You do make a good point. First I have to go to my local library and see how much money they want off me. I've had their books for months... :( That will determine how much money there is for shopping and in turn how much money there is for drinking!

I do occasionally make the odd reasonable point. :D My library had an amnesty on fines last month, 'twas handy as I'd books for ages. Just sneak 'em back in and RUN*. Then more money for shopping/drinking.

*I don't actually condone this kind of behaviour.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

I'll be there.

Ok, this looks like it's actually happening! \o/ Eh, anyone care to pick a time? Early.. like 5? Or later, say 7?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I'll be in College that day working. It depends on what time I finish at.

• Advertisement

Jonathan wrote: »
    I'll be in College that day working. It depends on what time I finish at.

You working at the open day or college-type work? Just rush it and come not drinking with us!

Come for like.. 5 minutes/a drink! You'll be at the open day anyway.. :P G'wan. A_Neurotic is being bribed with chocolate if he passes exams so no failure is allowed. God, I'm bribing people a lot these days. ;_;

Nah....I'd like to but I seriously need to do a silly amount of study/do a report thingy.

Also I'm gonna be finished by 12 and dont really intend on sticking around too long.

Nah....I'd like to but I seriously need to do a silly amount of study/do a report thingy.

Also I'm gonna be finished by 12 and dont really intend on sticking around too long.

;_; But but..

..not gonna work, is it? :( Oh, if you're about, come and say hi to me. Although I've no idea where I'll be, I'll be there in an orange tshirt so I'll be hard to miss!

;_; But but..

..not gonna work, is it? :( Oh, if you're about, come and say hi to me. Although I've no idea where I'll be, I'll be there in an orange tshirt so I'll be hard to miss!

If I see you I'll say hello :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I will most likely be in the pav drinking with others. If I say hello I promise to be nicer to Aoibheann. If you guys start chanting "TP", "TP" ,"TP" ,"TP" again like last Thursday steps will be taken.

Boston wrote: »
    I will most likely be in the pav drinking with others. If I say hello I promise to be nicer to Aoibheann. If you guys start chanting "TP", "TP" ,"TP" ,"TP" again like last Thursday steps will be taken.

Did I escape the wrath of Boston last time? :eek:

(Last BBeers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I resent that remark, for that I'm ambushing you after the MSISS talk with a burlap sack and some rope. A_Neurotic may help, if he's still looking for excuses to avoid the library.

Did I escape the wrath of Boston last time? :eek:

(Last BBeers)

I'm lovable most of the time to most of the people.

I'm lovable most of the time to most of the people.

I'm sure I just caught you on a good day :rolleyes:

:p

Still, not that many people can/will lift me up so high off the ground :D

Oh yea, forgot that.

• Advertisement

.. I honestly think you're making things up. Mainly because a) there was no chanting and b) we were there on Friday. :pac: And you, nice to me? I think I'd probably faint.

.. So yeah, anyone have any convenient/inconvenient times to suggest so I can edit it into the first post?

And you, nice to me? I think I'd probably faint.

The term is swoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

'Fraid there'll be no token UCDers there to represent us this time. I've an exam the next day too. :(

You might see me running through Trinity on my way from my exam that day, to the train, to go home and frantically study though... If I see ye, I'll say hi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

No can do.

I'm not letting myself go home any day this week until I've done at least 12 hours of study, so taking big breaks just ain't happenin'.

I'll be in my corner in the library though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

dan719 wrote: »
    I'll be there.

I don't remember typing this. :o

Stupid all day drinking.

bythewoods wrote: »
    No can do.

I'm not letting myself go home any day this week until I've done at least 12 hours of study, so taking big breaks just ain't happenin'.

12 hours?! I'm almost entirely sure that's not healthy or sane.. The library just barely opens longer than that!
    dan719 wrote: »
    I don't remember typing this. :o

Stupid all day drinking.

Are you still going though? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

'Fraid there'll be no token UCDers there to represent us this time. I've an exam the next day too. :(
    bythewoods wrote: »
    No can do.

You used to be cool.

I may go, or I may be hosting some friends from home, or I may be at "Halls has got talent". Or I may combine all three somehow. I'm winging it.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    You used to be cool.

I may go, or I may be hosting some friends from home, or I may be at "Halls has got talent". Or I may combine all three somehow. I'm winging it.

You'd better be there! You can combine all.. Come to beers early, then go to the "talent" thingy.. :P

I'm going to edit the title to say 5pm, purely because I'm bored and I'll be free before that. :pac: Any objections and I'll change it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

You'd better be there! You can combine all.. Come to beers early, then go to the "talent" thingy.. :P

I'm going to edit the title to say 5pm, purely because I'm bored and I'll be free before that. :pac: Any objections and I'll change it! :)

Word on the street is my lab will be over by 3:30 at the latest, so yeah I'll head over whenever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

I might swing by after I'm done at the open day. Depends whether or not I've begun my customary pre-exam freakout by then.

Advertisement