Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get shoppers back into town

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

I went into town yesterday to try do some of the Christmas shopping. Every second shop on Cruises Street is closed down same on Bedford Row. There was no buzz about the place. When is the proposed Oprea Centre getting going? Every second person I met was begging or a charity collector. Then you had the gangs of scumbags hanging around aswell. (do these kids not have to be in school?)

Ended up going out to the Cresent it's not the best but at least all the shops are open and parking is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭tierney2

Anyone know the opening hours in town these days? Are all the shops doing late night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Lapsed Catholic

Grenache, ever hear of Park Magic? No discs needed, top up by mobile phone. Check it out.

Timber, every second shop closed is a slight fib.

Give me the city centre any day. Shopping centres are soulless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

I think there arent enough 2 euro shops in town at the moment.. myself and the GF were in town the other day and we only counted 19 discount stores all in 5 mins walk from each other..

Reason town is empty of shoppers is because if you dont want a munster jersey/hat/scarf/t shirt or a €2 toy or 5 mars bars for €2 then there is F**K all in there.. debenhams and bt dont make a shopping mecca!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Stab*City wrote: »
    I think there arent enough 2 euro shops in town at the moment.. myself and the GF were in town the other day and we only counted 19 discount stores all in 5 mins walk from each other..

Reason town is empty of shoppers is because if you dont want a munster jersey/hat/scarf/t shirt or a €2 toy or 5 mars bars for €2 then there is F**K all in there.. debenhams and bt dont make a shopping mecca!

could not agree more basically tack tack and more tack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Grenache, ever hear of Park Magic? No discs needed, top up by mobile phone. Check it out.

Timber, every second shop closed is a slight fib.

Give me the city centre any day. Shopping centres are soulless.
    its still €2 an hour though - complete rip off!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Stab*City wrote: »

There are plenty of shops on Cruises Street and along the new pedestrian area including Pamela Scotts which is a great store according to the missus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭PaddyThai

Several new businesses have opened recently on Thomas street (Food shop, Wine shop, Thai massage, Polish shop and Internet cafe).
    It seems to me the centre of town has moved from Cruises street to Thomas and Catherine street.

Advertisement