Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Neewollah

God I wish I could hit irons like Shane 😂 Drive and Iron shot on 18 were world class

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

When he's good he's just brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Winner winner

chicken dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Rory has an eagle putt! Rory v Shane would be fascinating but happy to see either win it

Will Rory do it to him?? 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fair play to Lowry badly needed a win, he rally is the master around Wentworth.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Delighted for him after lots of near misses all year and FedEx disappointment. Great start to ryder Cup qualification and race to dubai now also

• Subscribers Posts: 41,015 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

WELL DONE SHANE !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Shank Williams

Also we all know he isn't a prolific winner but by God when he does win he wins the big ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭omeara1113

Delighted for him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Three brilliant rounds. Well done Shane, great win after those three long years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nice for Shane. Rory was so close to getting a play-off. Unlucky putts on the last 2 holes, particularly the 18th, couldn't have been much closer, bar lipping out.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kyleman

Brilliant round by Shane and great intreview afterwards.

Huge respect from Rory. Nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Scrabbel

54-hole win when it’s known with 36 holes to go is as good as the full 72. Completely different proposition to a tournament cut short on day 3.

Amazing that Shane didn't have a single bogey all week, what a performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Scrabbel

That’s twice now the commentators have talked over the chat between Shane and Rory when they met up. Completely missed Shane saying “You’ve won enough!” and whatever else as well. Always annoys me in rugby as well when they talk over the referee at important moments,

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Great stuff from Shane! Will keep the experts at bay for a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭boardise

Thrilled for Shane . The win would've meant far more to him than to Rory after the opportunities he set up all season.

Plus he'll be so satisfied to have seen off the bloodmoney grabbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭dublin49

brilllant win ,thrilled for him,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Sky spoiled the whole thing for me when recording cut out with Lowry finishing the 16th so I missed the final holes. Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭rogerywalters

And to think some on here think Rory has more chance of a next major win than Shane. Absolute airheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

• Registered Users Posts: 20,762 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Shane is a class act in every way.

Also ...as top sports people...He does an incredible interview.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭big_drive

Unreal from Lowry, brilliant stuff. Some closing round with everything on the line

Class again from Rory, playing unbelievable golf everytime he plays

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Delighted for Shane, makes up for his bad luck in the Honda earlier this year. Getting the win and especially in such a big tournament will be huge for his confidence, its so hard to win on the tour these days. Brilliant to have two Irishmen battling it out, some round from Rahm as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,249 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Prefer to see Shane win over Rory, but not too impressed by his weighing in on the LIV thing. Gone down in my estimation. Attacking your fellow players over how they earn their few bob at the game is in poor taste.

Heard Shane being interviewed earlier and thought to myself that another one gone down the Pádraig route with the navel gazing analysis. But must have worked for him today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

I didn’t think it was necessary to spell it out. But, seeing as you asked, you never miss an opportunity to have a dig at Rory.

Nothing against Rory , im a fan of Rorys , not his delusional fans though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

So where will Shane be in the world rankings after this win?

Advertisement