Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBOOD - ZyXEL DMA-2500 Full HD Digital Mediaplayer with HDMI €92.45

Options
  • 04-12-2009 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

€ 79.95 + (12.50 shipping)

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_list_comments/14960/ZyEL_DMA-2500_Full_HD_Digital_Mediaplayer_with_HDMI/

Looks well spec'd and apparently good value..

•Brand: ZyXEL
    •Type: DMA-2500
    •Streaming 1080p High-Definition Videos
    •HDMI-connection
    •USB-connection
    •DLNA 1.5 Certified Digital Media Streamer Enhances Media Sharing Experience
    •More Media Formats and Subtitles for Hassle-free Enjoyment
    •Built-in DRM-ND Enables Playback of Encrypted Digital Contents
    •Built-in Access to Web TV & Internet Radio Live365
    •Supports ZyXEL Wireless N USB Adapters for Networking Flexibility
    •Supports media formats and subtitles
    •Video standards: H.264, WMV9, MPEG 1/2/4/SD/HD, VC1, DivX, Xvid
    •Video file formats: MKV, AVI, WMV, ISO, IFO, MP4, VOB, ASF, M2TS, MOV, TP, TS, MPG, DivX
    •Audio standards: MPEG 1 Layer 1&2, MP3, MPEG 2 AAC, MPEG 4 AAC, AC3, WMA, OGG Vorbis, LPCM, DTS pass through, FLAC
    •Audio file formats: AAC, AC3, WAV, PCM, MP3, OGG, WMA, MKA
    •Photo formats: JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, BMP
    •Subtitles: SRT, SSA, IDX and SUB
    •Supports Windows and Linux network file systems (NFS and SAMBA)
    •Supports Live365 Internet radio and Web TV
    •Supports BGM (Background Music) to allow viewing photos and listening to music simultaneously
    •Screen saver
    •Support picture zoom in, zoom out, move and rotate
    •View photo in thumbnails mode
    •Support photo slide show
    •Video resume playing
    •Language support—English/German/French/Italian/Spanish/Dutch/Russian/Polish/Czech/Traditional Chinese
    •Network Connections
    •Ethernet LAN: 10/100 Mbps, RJ-45
    •Wireless 802.11n USB adapter (Compatible with ZyXEL Wireless N USB Adapters including NWD-211AN & NWD-270N)
    •Security: WEP Encryption 64/128 bit, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
    •Input power: AC 100 ~ 240 Volts/47 ~ 63 Hz/0.31 A
    •Out power: DC 5 Volts/2.5 A/12.5 W
    •Power consumption: 12.5 W maximum
    •IR receiver
    •A/V output: HDMI 1.1, CVBS, S-Video/Component, S/PDIF (Coaxial)
    •LAN port,10/100 Mbps Ethernet RJ-45
    •USB 2.0 mass storage interface
    •DTS sound only available via Receiver, Home Cinema set, new LCD TVs that support DTS sound
    •Remote control (2 AA batteries included)
    •Included: stand, power adapter, quick start guide, HDMI cable, RCA cable, ethernet cable, support CD
    •Certification: FCC/CE/DLNA 1.5/HDMI
    •Weight: 400 gram
    •Sizes (WB x D x H): 186 x 114 x 38 mm
    •Warranty: 2 Years

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

How would you guys compare it to the WD media thingy?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This is cheaper and has a network port so it has that over the WD thingey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Excellent spec, excellent value

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Crap, i just bought the WD media player yesterday, the €5 off voucher had expired the day before and this is posted today, jesus i have no luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

If you bought it online and it hasn't shipped you can cancel without issue, you could still send it back under cooling off even if it has been dispatched, but the cost of sending it back to them probably offsets any savings you might be making by buying a diff product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

seems like a fantastic offer
    im leaning towards buying it unless i hear
    something negative
    it might be gone by morning though

i bought a media player a couple of years back and
    paid 220 for it
    it turned out to be a piece of crap and for that price
    now id get something out of this world

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Feck.. I have a WDTV but I'm seriously considering this!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dwolf20

Is there a big difference between this media player and the media player functions of a PS3?
    I am about to buy a PS3 and just wondering if this would also be a good purchase?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

basquille wrote: »
    Feck.. I have a WDTV but I'm seriously considering this!

We'll if you're selling the WD thingy at a knock down price i might take it off ya :)

dwolf20 wrote: »
    Is there a big difference between this media player and the media player functions of a PS3?
    The PS3 has limited file formats it'll support (e.g it won't support file-types such as MKV) and the PS3 is not network-browseable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

dwolf20 wrote: »
    I am about to buy a PS3 and just wondering if this would also be a good purchase?

I think if you had a PS3, this might be a little over kill. You may not be able to play all file types on the PS3, but then again I don't think I've ever needed to stream anything other than .avi files.

It's a great price for what you are getting though. This might be handy as a supplement to your PS3 if you have more than one tv that you might want to stream movies to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dangerousdavid

I have the WD Media Player, ordered one of these though as i've always wanted to be able to stream.

Anyone know what router I would need to connect this with my home wireless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

does this have a hard drive? , my da is looking for one for christmas

does this have a hard drive? , my da is looking for one for christmas
    Nope..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Nope..
    cheers for quick reply ,any chance could you point me in the way of a good one with a hardrive please , im lost with this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 22 JayDubiya

Just picked one up there, let's hope it gets here by chrimbo! Cheers for the comments above guys, wasn't sure how it compare against the WDTV, but if basquille is considering it on top of having a WDTV, I'm sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Does anyone know how silent this thing is? Any fan going like some of the other media players?

cheers for quick reply ,any chance could you point me in the way of a good one with a hardrive please , im lost with this stuff
    How about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm guessing we have to buy the wireless adaptor seperate. Its not clearly indicated on the box????

I'm guessing we have to buy the wireless adaptor seperate. Its not clearly indicated on the box????
    Yep, that's fairly standard. You've simply the choice of 10/100 Ethernet out of the box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dangerousdavid

Yep, that's fairly standard. You've simply the choice of 10/100 Ethernet out of the box.
    Can you recommend a good Wireless N Router to use with this device?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Something cheaper... does the job!

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3970224/art/memup/mediadisk-fx-500-gb-media.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

flynner13 wrote: »

Doesn't play MKVs...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Can you connect a hard drive to this?is it as good as the wd tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

Ibood have a different HD Media player with similar or more features, but this time with Internal SATA HDD support for almost a similar price (a tenner more than ZyXEL DMA-2500)

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_specs/15585/Argosy_HV335T_HD_Media_Player_With_Internal_HDD_Support/

Advertisement