Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CAR BOOT SALES - DATES AND LOCATIONS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Beancounter 2013

Does anybody know of Car Boot Sales in North County Dublin? I've read information about one in Balbriggan, but I don't know if it is still running? Anybody have any info on any other locations in the North Co Dublin area either?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Balbriggan is on every sunday. Traders arrive at 6am It finishes around 2pm. Not really north county dublin but not far you have fairyhouse, It's on every sunday except when racing is on. Is open 9am till 4pm traders set up from 6.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ Ameer Shapely Barefoot

Does anyone know if the car boot sale is on in Lamb Doyles this Sunday? I have tried emailing and phoning the numbers on http://collectireland.wordpress.com/car-boot-sales/ but no reply. Does anyone know if you have to book in advance to sell here or what time sellers start to queue at?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Had a browse around the Tallaght one last week to see what it was like..
    FYI - overheard its been moved for this week only to Sunday as there is a football match on saturday.

Also - the big empty shop car park across the road is being watched like a hawk by the clampers - I saw three cars clamped because the owners had parked there and crossed the road to the market rather than enter the shops.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Does anyone know if the car boot sale is on in Lamb Doyles this Sunday? I have tried emailing and phoning the numbers on http://collectireland.wordpress.com/car-boot-sales/ but no reply. Does anyone know if you have to book in advance to sell here or what time sellers start to queue at?

Thanks in advance

Spoke to somebody in Lamb Doyles earlier today and it's going ahead on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Beancounter 2013

Can anybody recommend a place to sell electrical goods? We are emigrating and have all the usual stuff, big and small, from kettle to 42'' tv! I have a few adds up on adverts as well as a local selling forum for my area on facebook and have sold a few bits, but still a good bit left to get rid of. From what I've seen a the Tallaght and Ballymun car boot it's mostly small value stuff, max €10 for anything. We've got rid of a good bit at those two sales, but wondering for suggestions for the stuff I'mm looking for €25+ for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Hurrah, we've a couple of dates on a role for this.

Athenry Car Boot Sale (Co. Galway)
    The Mart
    10am-3pm (Sellers come at 9:30am)
    Car €10, Vans €20

Dates

Saturday 1st June (Bank Holiday weekend)
    Saturday 6th July
    Saturday 3rd August (Bank Holiday Weekend)

Just to give ye a flavour of the car boot sale, it is...
    a) Weather dependent (outdoors, bring your own table)
    b) Full of late risers ( so turning up at 8am and waiting till the first buyers arrive at 10:30 is a bit frustrating)
    c) Full of amature sellers (so if you're a pro, you might be undercut by folk trying to clear their house of clutter, great if you're a buyer;))
    d) Run by amature enthusiats who do it as a fundraiser for the community, so be gentle:o.
    e) Considered a nice little boot sale by both the amatures and the pros so worth a look:D
    f) On the Dublin Galway Trainline if yer thinking of a Day out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 frecklz

e_e wrote: »
    You can pay in on the morning right? Last time I was selling there they asked if we'd bought tickets already as everyone else seemed to.

I would also like to know the answer to this if anyone knows... There seem to be no contact details anywhere on the interwebs, and I'd hate to show up and be turned away.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Laney xox

CAR BOOT SALE

SUNDAY 9th June at @ 10am.

At: St John of God primary School,
    Artane,
    Dublin 5.

Fee: €10 (to be paid at entrance gate.)

@laney xox is there vans allowed on Sunday. Is it a one off car boot sale or is it a regular thing. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Laney xox

@laney xox is there vans allowed on Sunday. Is it a one off car boot sale or is it a regular thing. Thanks

Hi,
    Vans are very welcome but there is a fee of €15. This is our first car boot sale which we are hoping to hold at least once yearly. There has been a lot of interest and enquiries, which has been encouraging. The success of Sunday will determine if we will decide to hold these events more regularly.
    Thank you for your interest. If you come along I hope you enjoy your day.:-)

Laney xox wrote: »
    Hi,
    Vans are very welcome but there is a fee of €15. This is our first car boot sale which we are hoping to hold at least once yearly. There has been a lot of interest and enquiries, which has been encouraging. The success of Sunday will determine if we will decide to hold these events more regularly.
    Thank you for your interest. If you come along I hope you enjoy your day.:-)

Thats perfect thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭purplepug

Hi all- just posting regarding the car boot sale I organise in Tramore, Co Waterford: To whom it may concern.

Fancy making a few Euro's? Or maybe bagging a bargain?
    Clear out the house of unwanted/unused items, or come along and find some reasonably priced Booty. Everyones a winner!

At each Booty a local Community group runs a Door Raffle, with all proceeds going to their group. So far this has given Youth Club Activ8, Save Ethan and Ryan Appeal, Ard an Ghleanna womens group and The Arch club the opportunity to raise much needed funds!

• NOTE• Sellers MUST pre-book and pay for the table, no turning up on the day with a bootfull!!
    Email- tramoresbigbooty@hotmail.com. 051 393938, 087 247 2005
    970736_10151384359592434_1181698464_n.jpg
    Tramore GAA Hall, Riverstown, Sunday 16th June, 11-3pm.

Prices for Stalls- limited amount of tables available to use- €12, or book a space and bring your own table €10.
    Spaces/Tables must be booked in advance
    Refreshments and tuck shop available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Car Boot Sale

Crinken Church, Dublin Road, Shankill

(beside Shanganagh Park/Cemetery)

On: Saturday 15th June, 2013

In aid of people within the local community and donations for pitches go to St Vincent de Paul, Bray

*FULLY BOOKED*

Directions:http://www.crinken.ie/location.php

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

258036.png

10am to 2pm

Sellers admitted from 9am

Cars €10
    Vans €20

Approx. 40 car spaces available for selling
    All pitches are outdoors
    Tea/Coffee/Refreshments available
    Toilet facilities available

GPS coordinates:
    N53 20.4628
    W6 24.8219

http://www.lucansouthparish.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Methodist

Dundrum Methodist Car Boot Sale

Next car boot sale is on 13 July. Entry for sellers is through the grounds of Wesley College and the gates open at 8am. It is possible to queue in the grounds from earlier. Entry is on a first come first served basis.

Cost:
    €20 for car
    €25 for car with trailer
    (No vans permitted)

Boot sale opens to the public at 9:30 - 12:30 with free parking in Wesley College. Tea, coffee and refreshments available to purchase in church hall.

This is out third boot sale of the summer and one of the most successful in South Dublin. Our June boot sale included 170 car booters and several hundred more buyers. Following boot sale is on 17 August.

Further details available at www.dundrummethodist.com

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

St Malachy's Boys School Edenmore, Dublin 5 Car Boot Sale on Sunday 30th June 2013.

Opens at 9.00am for cars - entry for cars beside the Church.

Opens to public from 10.00am to 2.00pm

Cars €10
    Small Vans €15
    Large Vans €20

PM for any more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hey guys has anyone done the car boot at Market Village at Newlands Cross, it's indoors and €20.00 per table. Also curious to know about the one in Straffan?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 BrockaghCentre

Glendalough Car Boot Sale,
    Brockagh Resource Centre

Next sale: Sunday 7th July, 2013

Time: 10.00am to 4.00pm

Further information contact: 0404 45600
    www.facebook.com/brockagh.centre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Danniboo wrote: »
    Hey guys has anyone done the car boot at Market Village at Newlands Cross, it's indoors and €20.00 per table. Also curious to know about the one in Straffan?

Dunno - but from this looks more like a craft fair rather than a boot sale - but i could be wrong:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Market-Village/299613640151925

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

ozmo wrote: »
    Dunno - but from this looks more like a craft fair rather than a boot sale - but i could be wrong:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Market-Village/299613640151925

It's advertised as a car boot sale on the Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Athenry Car Boot Sale
    Sat 6th July
    10am -3pm
    Athenry Mart, Co. Galway
    Cars €10, Vans €20
    Weather Permitting

Has anyone done Dundrum before? Would it be manageable to do on your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭flutered

Has anyone done Dundrum before? Would it be manageable to do on your own?

yes you would, the people running it are more than than helpful, also there are security cameras both inside and outside, so everything can be examined if neede to.

flutered wrote: »
    yes you would, the people running it are more than than helpful, also there are security cameras both inside and outside, so everything can be examined if neede to.

That's great thanks. Have you done it yourself?

Methodist wrote: »
    Dundrum Methodist Car Boot Sale

Next car boot sale is on 13 July. Entry for sellers is through the grounds of Wesley College and the gates open at 8am. It is possible to queue in the grounds from earlier. Entry is on a first come first served basis.

Cost:
    €20 for car
    €25 for car with trailer
    (No vans permitted)

Boot sale opens to the public at 9:30 - 12:30 with free parking in Wesley College. Tea, coffee and refreshments available to purchase in church hall.

This is out third boot sale of the summer and one of the most successful in South Dublin. Our June boot sale included 170 car booters and several hundred more buyers. Following boot sale is on 17 August.

Further details available at www.dundrummethodist.com

I thought there's one on this Saturday 13th July?

Has anyone done Tallaght car boot sale on a Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Methodist

I thought there's one on this Saturday 13th July?

Yes. There is a car boot sale in Dundrum this Saturday 13 July. Please see above for details or visit our website at www.dundrummethodist.com. Looking forward to seeing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

945461_430671380363133_2008348912_n.jpg

Sligo Flea Market takes place tomorrow, july 13th at The Model arts centre in Sligo and on August 3rd, from 12-5pm.

The Sligo Flea facebook page for all updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Lor2010

Indoor Market & Carboot Sale
    Sunday 11th August 2013
    10am - 5pm

Every 2nd Sunday per month thereafter

Sellers: Carboot €10 - if requiring a table indoors €12
    Vans - €15

Electrical sockets available

Toilets

Catering Van on site

Phone to book, as places filling up fast