Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking alcohol - forgeting the details of night?

Options
  • 02-12-2009 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

On a typical night out,say you have a few drinks more than you should :) get tipsy....does this often cause you to forget the details of the night before? or is this a myth? I regularly go out and drink alot....get drunk etc but dont usually forget what happened the night before. (except on rare occasions - I may not remember the sequence of events)...just wondering whats the general consensus?;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Got blog?
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

You're not drinking enough then.

There's been times I've woken up in odd places. Once in the seated area for a concert even though I had a standing ticket. Good 4 hours totally blank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 eggshells

ok but being totally sloshed is a prerequisite right? on a normal night out you'd remember most things??? or maybe as you get older you tend not to remember so much....i find that now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

On a night out someone slipped some pills into my drink, I got facking well out of it, don't remember going over to a mates house, getting sick in his sink, trying to clean the sink and the dishes in it and still getting sick or going into his parents room while they were asleep in the bed and turning into some kafka-esque beetle on the floor of their en suite wrapped in the shower curtain.

But I've never forgotten a night from solely drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Happened to me last friday. Got beyond drunk, don't remember being in a club we went to after the bar closed. It happens maybe every third month where I lose the run of myself. I hate when it happens, hate not remembering details or how i behaved.

One should never get that drunk and is never needed on a night out ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Digital cameras and phone cameras and drunk posting are proof that you do stuff you can't remember when yer pished. Nothing more enjoyable and equally terrifying as opening Facebook after a monster night out too see what you thought of the night and more importantly what others thought (and captured on imagefiles) of you. Explaning to Mrs.Goat why there is a photo of me with a pretty little girly sitting on my lap is an hilarious conversation over breakfast coffee and painkillers.

Blank spots involve lots of drink over a long period of time for me. The scary bit is when I can't remember paying the taxi home. I know I got home and that I still have some cash in my pockets but the journey, giving him directions, amusing him with my debonaire wit, educating him with words of wisdom and finally paying him are blanked out.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Will wrote: »
    Happened to me last friday. Got beyond drunk, don't remember being in a club we went to after the bar closed. It happens maybe every third month where I lose the run of myself. I hate when it happens, hate not remembering details or how i behaved.

For me thats a great night out :D:D

Seriously though I usually do forget the night before until Im reminded of something either really funny or really embarassing that I did on said night.
    But honestly I really couldnt care less--Im past being embarassed by drunken antics and Ive also been the sober one watching the drunks embarassing themselves and thats about a million times worse.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i seem to get a slightly different version of this. when i have so much as one beer, my memory goes :( Its really really annoying, (so if i have met you at a beers, i may remember the face but dont ask for a name :pac: ) - has been happening for as long as i remember unfortunatly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Yeah, of course it happens!! I got so drunk at Electric Picnic, (all free drink for staff who know how to get it! :D ) I had atleast 7 beers, half a bottle of Pernod, and alot of vodka, I remember flashes from the night, but nothing other than that!!

Has happened where I arrived home and didn't know how i got there at all.

In Lanzarote for example, I remember going off to the beach with a girl, I remember what happened there (Nothing her friend cockblocked me at a HORRIBLE time! :() I remember going back into the club and leaving again. I don't remember the walk back to my apartment or getting sick everywhere, but it happened!! I noticed when I woke the next morning!

Yeah, I tend to Binge when I am not at home...bad for me but who cares, I'm 20, basically invincible right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Far too many times this has happened to me that I could count.

There is nothing worse that the fear that you did something really stupid.

The relief is great when you find out you didn't!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Will wrote: »

One does not need to be that drunk
    It can happen to me after 3 pints or not at all after a right old session.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I will, without fail, throw up if I over drink. I get terribly motion sick in boats and cars and I think drinking a lot of alcohol makes me feel that same level of dizziness, causing nausea and, inevitably, puking.

If I drink to the point of forgetting what I did the night before, the next morning usually means I puked somewhere and/or on someone and I have no recollection of it.

Never really over drink ever any more. It's not enjoyable after 2 pints. It starts feeling like getting onto one of those teacup rides at a carnival and never getting off.

This happens to me a good few times and it's freaky the next day!
    It also means that I forget a good chunk of the night and it makes the weekends seem that bit shorter.

The lads seem to enjoy telling me about all the bits I forget, though:

"You mean, you don't remember, you know...jumping on that car? Or running around with your lad out...nothing? That house with all the beautiful women...no? Nothing? Ah, twas great craic." :)

Must try and cut down the excess in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

In Spain, conversation the next morning:

"Have a good night?"

"Ah yeah, it was good craic"

"The fireworks were pretty good, weren't they?"

".....wait, what? Fireworks?"

Yup, I have little to no recollection of a whole fireworks display after consuming about 500-600 mls of vodka within about an hour.

Damn cheap Spanish Lidl vodka...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Damn cheap Spanish Lidl vodka...

Damn cheap Lidl vodka full stop.My 2 youngest should have been called "Rachmaninoff 1 and Rachmaninoff 2 ;);)"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

eggshells wrote: »
    On a typical night out,say you have a few drinks more than you should :) get tipsy....does this often cause you to forget the details of the night before? or is this a myth? I regularly go out and drink alot....get drunk etc but dont usually forget what happened the night before. (except on rare occasions - I may not remember the sequence of events)...just wondering whats the general consensus?;)

It will get worse as you get older.

Heh.

Well, while it's still Rachmaninoff, it was €3.49 in Spain compared to ~€15 here. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

It happened to me a couple of months ago. Im gonna be more carefull from now on, well I dont have access to that drink I had anymore but I wont be gulping down the whiskey like theres no tomorrow.

I broke part of a wall inside a house, think I broke a chair too, lifted a mate off the ground and some other stuff I dont remember. I managed to walk home and hit my head off something when I got in and might have knocked my self out as I was flat on the floor with a spilled glass of water beside me and confused, head hurt for days, had a huge bump and felt weird. NEVER AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Hellrazer wrote: »
    For me thats a great night out :D:D

Seriously though I usually do forget the night before until Im reminded of something either really funny or really embarassing that I did on said night.
    But honestly I really couldnt care less--Im past being embarassed by drunken antics and Ive also been the sober one watching the drunks embarassing themselves and thats about a million times worse.
    I thought I was the only one. I'll usually remember the early parts of the night, but if I get fairly drunk I won't remember much until someone reminds me, then I'll either laugh about it or cringe.
    And its much worse being the sober one, than being the one pissed and making an ass of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

LD 50 wrote: »
    And its much worse being the sober one, than being the one pissed and making an ass of themselves.
    no its not!

• Advertisement

Nah, I'd agree with LD50. I'd much prefer to be the drunk one then have to deal with an overly drunk friend while sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

or at least somewhat drunk, so you aren't thinking you ****ing retarded they look

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

i drink to forget

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

newbie2 wrote: »
    i drink to forget

I forget to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I can't remeber the end of last night.... was getting the bus home this morning and looked in my wallet for change and found that all my cards where gone! My bank card, student & garda I.D's, 3v... all them must of fell out at the end of the night....(Money and all was still there though thank god! Had to ring up banks and everything today really hungover :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i woke up this morning with a bruise on my back and not knowing how i got it...a friend politely informed me that i almost died last night when the LUAS clipped me as it was going past...that was a good memory to lose!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Conversation between me and a hot chick in work day after Xmas party:

Me: Hey you should have been at the party last night it was great
    Her: I was at the party!!!
    Me: What?? How come I didnt see you there?
    Her: You were talking to me for an hour!!!!
    Me: :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Only once has this happened to me, my second time drinking which was a mix of a naggin and a half of vodka and the arses of a few cans of Bulmers(I'm the only one who likes the arse of a can of Bulmers:o). I was going to a disco on a bus and I remember sitting in the front of the bus playing with about 30 glowstix, I don't remember getting off the bus or paying to get in or the first two hours of it or where my glowstix went!:mad: I do remember getting sick in the line and gorgeous girl minding me for twenty minutes while I slept the drink off.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

Never managed to do it, once I have hit a certain point of drink I just stop, usually cos im afraid i`ll pass out. I think im from a family of people who were cautious while drunk, my brother was the same on his stag, always "forgetting" vodkas people brought him so he wouldnt get completely lynched at the end of the night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

i once woke up in wales. im from limerick.............................

Advertisement