Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Gardening Bargain Alerts Mega Thread

1181920212224»

Comments

• Thankfully the link says can't ship to Ireland and price is now 129£ :)

It was OK when I posted the link. Originally sold and supplied by Amazon now its a third party. If I'm not actually buying something I always follow all the way through the checkout to get the price to Ireland and to check that they will post here.

Its surprising how quick listings can change. Posted one the other day that was fine for me to buy one item but not longer after a minimum order of two was required.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Having worked a few years back for amazon.co.uk customer service this was a common feature of anything they sell with lithium ion batteries included in the product. I think it was due to safety issues relating to the batteries when in transit.

• macraignil wrote: »
    Having worked a few years back for amazon.co.uk customer service this was a common feature of anything they sell with lithium ion batteries included in the product. I think it was due to safety issues relating to the batteries when in transit.

As I said fine for Ireland when I posted the link but Amazon themselves are obviously sold out.

Agree anything with batteries in it or just batteries can be a pain on Amazon.

Just bought a bargain alert phone from Amazon didn't give a second thought to the batteries but they sent it all the same. Came with the usual big sticker on the side saying something about lithium batteries.

If you want to feel even better, I bought it at the discount price, used it once and sent it back. Very unimpressed with it.

• do the Co Op stores ever have a sale?

• Advertisement

• Wake me up when it's all over.

• Great deal, thanks for sharing.

• aw wrote: »
    Great deal, thanks for sharing.

Make sure you know which ones you are getting. Those are the "original" type which are a little heavier in their design and construction from some of the fancier styles.

While I have lost a few pairs to the compost heap over the years (if you find them quick enough they are OK but a year later nah not really) I still have a pair of those that is at least 15 years old.

• Win some free plants this weekend...

http://gardensforlife.ie/category/whatsnew/

Advertisement