Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets see your Christmas Trees! (Don't quote photos!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Finally got my tree up!

Vq3DonY.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Tigger1

My tree, helped to decorate it with my babies ( 6,5 & 3) love it!!

wXJhw26.jpg?1

Attachment not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Don't care (Atari Jaguar)
    I think we've lost the plot this year :pac:

HTPCPF1.jpg?1

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Put up the tree in my parents' house today....this is definitely the biggest one we've ever had!!

voRM6HV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Ta dah! Can't find our good decorations (stupid moving house!!) but here's our tree this year. :)

XnebMwM.jpg?1

And a close up of one of our newly found in a charity shop vintage Macy's ornaments:

rRKrBvS.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

God mine is looking very very bare this year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I put ours up over a week ago but I was off work and forgot to post a pic :o It's a bit sparse (there are actually a few more things on it now) but I do love the lights. It's a very happy looking tree :pac:

372015.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Hello everyone! Here's my tree!

372297.JPG

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Happy Christmas elves!!
    Here's our little tree in HQ:

372408.jpg

The ball of light you can see outside the window is part of the street decorations outside on Sth William Street:

372409.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Yardleys Lavender

I wonder does anybody have any forgotten pictures of their trees that they would like to put up - I liked looking at real people's trees!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Better late than never I suppose!

5FTHAnj.jpg?1

AkNpr9T.jpg?1

ENSge3q.jpg?1

SsXo3HY.jpg?1

It's time for the 2016 Christmas tree extravaganza!! :D

xmas_christmas_tree_14_coloring_book_colouring-31px.pngtree_peace_symbol-33px.pngxmas_christmas_tree_14_coloring_book_colouring-31px.png

The three tree rules:
    • Do not quote pics!
    • Images must be under 800 pixels wide and try to embed. Imgur.com is a nice easy one to use.
    • Minimum relevant discussion is okay, but "nice tree" type posts may just be deleted.

Tree Archive
    All this forum's fabulous trees from previous years to inspire you:

At the end of this year we will merge 2016's trees back in with the giant tree megathread. This way we keep all the old Christmas trees in the same place. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Here is the first tree up in my house. My little boys tree ( mini glitz ) it's our " christmas factory blew up / santa threw up " style tree with anything and everything allowed as my tree is boring and not colourful apparently ! Two happy little boys here today !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

Got nearly all my Christmas stuff up, in saying that I erected the tree and then died for the rest of the day thanks to a very heavy night with the OH and her bro who is visiting. Still rough. I have the outside lights to do.

I Don't light the blueish lights on the garland but I was too tired to care.

Tree_zpsp8ntrn5k.jpg

Dresser_zps23kpvnem.jpg

Garland_zpstxteq0bj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

azP3IZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Lighting ceremony completed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

All finished :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Pictures and small amount of chat allowed
    Put ours up last weekend but I'm only getting around to posting these now. The mantelpiece looks a bit bare but we have a massive (non-Christmassy) picture above it that helps keep the room cosy.

403386.JPG

403387.jpg
    403388.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Kept forgetting to put pics up! We put our tree up last weekend! The decorations in the close up pics were bought in Cologne at the markets, with the obvious exception of the Vancouver one that we got on our honeymoon in September!

She's a messy one this year...

403689.JPG

• Advertisement

And my one, much more reserved as usual.

403690.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Ta da! Just put up this evening.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Finally we got it up on Friday evening :)
    403710.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Can't believe it's the 12th December thought I would have posted sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

My mothers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

We only have a small tree as we live in an apartment. So here it is, wedged between the guinea pig cages and the telly, perched on a €6 ikea table :D

We buy a new ornament every year, so nothing on it matches and it's fairly hectic, but that's why I like it.

5O3z4b3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

I think I need a few more decorations! Really happy with my real tree this year...full to the top!

15439867_10154693116957667_8738079082499789383_n.jpg

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Looking slightly less cheerless than last year, here is our office tree. I think we might need some suggestions from you guys next year on how to make it look a bit more festive on a shoestring budget of €0.00 :D

404577.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I think it would less sparse if you took the bead strings off. Then get yourself to heatons and get a few spools of thick red ribbon. (2euro) and wrap the tree from top to bottom. http://www.altogetherchristmas.com/decorating/trees.html

Then use the remaining ribbon to create a big fancy bow for the top (loads of videos on the internet with instructions). In the long run though you should invest in a cheap set of silver and blue baubles and get boards themed tree going. Even get the blue ribbon on the Internet. And start getting donations of decorations from colleagues.

• Advertisement

xGAedYU.jpg?1

P0UUVbX.jpg?1

a2Z6P3k.jpg?1

q4vaicN.jpg?1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement