Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever win anything decent in a competition?

Options
  • 27-11-2009 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

I have been entering competitions for years and have never won anything... Just wondering if anyone has ever won anything impressive?

Was just talking about this earlier with some friends in work and some have won cars, trips to Beijing Olympics etc!!!

:confused:
    :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,776 ✭✭✭✭Basq

A Fido-Dido pen in first class...

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭GSpoon

basquille wrote: »
    A Fido-Dido pen in first class...

/thread

Sweet !!! ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i won E1,200 from Boards.ie a few years ago in a competition about why you like boards or something like that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

GSpoon wrote: »

Yes. No, not telling. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've won an ipod and a tent and some other crap

I won a laptop in one of those machines in Bray too but that's not a competition :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Biggins wrote: »
    Yes. No, not telling. :D

^^ Lotto winner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Won a new phone last week. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Last year I won tickets to the Late Late Toy show and some cash. I didn't want the tickets so I begrudingly took the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Ah a few things alright.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I won a bottle of Coke. Worst prize ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh I forgot, I won a massive box of chocolate bars for winning a Cadbury's table quiz in primary school. Twice :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

won father ted videos in a father ted branded bible off the telly years ago and a ferrari fleece from vodafone a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I won millions online and after apying for some moneys to be transfered around Im still waiting for my millions, the nice prince has told me its onthe way.........fingers crossed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I won a pair of sketchup*-branded socks in a design competition on a forum before. Two days later, they posted up that they were changing the rules and the prizes were going to be a lot better than socks, and those who had won any in the last 2 months would get socks and the newer, bigger, better prize. Then the forum died and I never received a thing. Bastards.

*3D software

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Meet and greet with green day and tickets to kiss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Nothing memorable.

You really have to play the odds though. I know a lad who's dad sets aside time each day/week whatever and goes through a load of magazines, newspapers, flyers etc & whatever else has competitions. He enters everything.

AFAIK in the past they've won holidays, electrical stuff (cameras/dvd players etc), a snooker cue......

I can't remember the rest to be honest but I do know that they win bits & pieces all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I won a Sega Master System at a christmas bizarre one time

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I won a tv in a pub raffle when I was about 12...still have it too!

Oh I forgot I won tickets to the meteor awards in 2008 on Bebo, you had to say in a comment why you think you deserved the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I've won the hearts and souls of millions.
    Also a weekend in Paris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭GSpoon

allanb49 wrote: »
    Meet and greet with green day and tickets to kiss

i know this is off topic.. but Wow meeting Green Day :eek:.. very jealous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

I won the Nigerian lottery once - still waiting for the cheque to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I won the first season of the robocop cartoon on video tape, a few weeks ago I won €25 on the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Won a Drifter hoodie and cap, and a box of drifters but half of them were banana flavor ewww! It was in the Echo Joe page of the Tallaght Echo.

I won my friends some free beers last night by cheating my sneaky ass off!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I once won a VCR off of Dave Fanning for answering some dumb question about a garbage song.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭nicker_s

I sent in a letter of complaint and I won a €100 euro voucher for eddie rockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

phasers wrote: »
    Oh I forgot, I won a massive box of chocolate bars for winning a Cadbury's table quiz in primary school. Twice :cool:
    I could have won a chocolate bar in a Pokémon table quiz once but they put me with a table of morons who knew nothing. I knew all the answers but they got barely got any right and refused to believe I knew what I was talking about.

This is why I refuse to work with teams to this day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

GSpoon wrote: »

I was the winner for a 1972 sperm race, first to reach the egg out of 3 million entrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I competed against millions of others and came out the winner.

It was an endurance competition that was extremely perilous. All the contestants were under constant attack by various chemicals, and there was no guarantee that there would even be a winner.

Well, that's the story of my conception and how I won the greatest prize of all...life.

[Edit : Great minds think alike CreepingDeath]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

i won a Kula Shaker CD:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I competed against millions of others and came out the winner.

It was an endurance competition that was extremely perilous. All the contestants were under constant attack by various chemicals, and there was no guarantee that there would even be a winner.

Well, that's the story of my conception and how I won the greatest prize of all...life.

Wow. Conception. but somehow gheh.
    Also the greatest prize of all is free hookers for life or a speed boat.

Advertisement