Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scottish worse for drink culture than us?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Funny how certain non nationals drink in the morning are bladdered all weekend and most of the weekdays in the evenings.And they are not said to be big drinkers.Because majority of their drink before they go out is drunk at home.And the fighting that goes on in the streets because of their drinking is unbelievable in their countries.Check out youtube.

No one country is bigger drinkers then the rest.Its just more noted because of the stupid stereo typing of the Irish and the Scot's and the Brits.What country has national drinking day in honour of their beer.
    How many Irish you know drink daily.I know alot alot of non nationals who do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It depends on the area of Scotland. I lived in Edinburgh for a year and never saw anything like the sort of drunken behaviour you see all the time in Dublin (well, apart from during the Fringe!), despite booze being much cheaper in Scotland.

However, any time I went through to Glasgow for a gig, the difference is marked! Put it this way, I wouldn't feel safe walking round Glasgow city centre on my own at chucking out time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

By viciously cracking down on any public drunkenness, simple really.

While still allowing people to drink what they want at home? How would this help people's health?

Advertisement