Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Things you love about your other half, best friend or someone close to you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Anna Molly wrote: »
    My best friend.

2. He stops having sex with his slammin lady, when I text him upset.

<3

Have to say if I was his missus I'd get a tad miffed with that!!haha but that's cos I couldn't stop if a meteorite hit me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

wow this is a lovely thread, and fourm so happy :)

My dad

1) He always tells me how proud he is of me, even when i dont give him any reason to be
    2) the way he says after every meal " that was the nicest dinner i ever ate" im hearing it for 22 years now, and it always makes me laugh!
    3) When he comes into the sitting room and has dinner with me ( im kicked out of the kitchen, for being annoying at dinner time!)
    4)He will do anything for my brothers and I ... he constantly drives my brother to the north for his racing, and never once complains when he looses a days pay over it
    4) That he is a big kid at heart, and will get up to more mischief than me and my brother combined
    5) How i can ring him up at half five in the morning and ask him to come collect me, and he never complains and never judges
    6) How he always left us wanting for nothing when we were growing up, even tho money was really really tight
    7) when life throws him a hard shot, he will get one with things and not complain
    8) that he always friggen robs my tea .. and laughs. it never grows old
    9) that he will never judge a book by its cover, and gets on with everybody
    10) ha and how he ends every phone convo by saying " sound as a bell, on the ball , cya"

love my dad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

This is such a lovely thread!

The eleven (I had one extra thing I had to add!) things I love about my boy....

1. He is so nice to everyone- it's the first thing people say when they meet him.

2. He is very yummy... and he has such cool dreads!

3. My family adore him. He fits in so well with the madness :)

4. He can barely use a computer, and still types with his two index fingers!!

5. He takes ages to do EVERYTHING! It takes him hours to cook a dinner, iron a shirt, have a shower etc. Oh, and he has to bring at least ten CDs with him whenever he does anthing- he could play four or five different songs before starting to cook or even getting undressed for the shower! Music has to go everywhere with him.

6. He told me he loved me after our first date. And I didn't freak out!

7. He buys me thoughtful little presents, from CDs, to flowers or Snickers Ice Creams!

8. He lets me watch "my" programmes on tv and never complains!

9. He doesn't watch/ like sport or play games consols! He has never owned a Playstation, Xbox etc. I ADORE this about him. When his friends ask him to go to the pub for "the match" he'll say "oh yeah, deadly..." but I'm the only one who knows he hasn't a notion what match it is!!! Love!

10. We laugh all the time.

11. We have chosen our future children's names and he sometimes has daydreams about what they're gonna be like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

My best friend Kate. . .

10) We are so alike it is almost like we are sisters! (Same taste -almost!- in clothes!When we were both in the same class in college together b4 we were friends we came in nearly dressed indentically more than a few times! Im ten days older than her & were both only children!)

9) Her makeup always looks awesome! spesh her eyemakeup!

8) When I went away to Canada for the summer she bought me a going away present(s) - bag full of useful,silly & sentimental things ( A journal to keep, with quoyes she picked out and wrote in on the inside cover with a picture of me & her) She also drove all night to collect me from the airport at 8 a.m on my return & nearly knocked me over coz she was running so fast to hug me at arrivals!

7) The way she will always bring me for a drive and let me rant&rave and wont stop driving til i have whatever it is I need off my chest. Never judges,never patronises either, just listens.

6) When she fell pregnant she was never once scared or upset or let anything phase her when rightly any woman at 23 would be freaking the hell out!! She rang me from hospital when she got her epidural happy as larry!! Making jokes!

5) The way she is with her uncle (who has downs) the way she looks at him and minds him, I can't describe it, she loves him to bits! I do too, hes a total sweetheart

4) How she did me the greatest honour by asking me to be Godmother to her beautiful son.

3) She is so pretty! Days after giving birth she looked as fabulous as ever!

2) I can ring her or text her any time to talk and she is *always* there for me no matter what.

1) She is just awesome! She always thinks of me and we never fight and if we do get a little cross with each other we get over it fairly lively!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

My Fiance K.

1. The way he sings to the dog when he thinks I'm not listening (and the way the dog responds)

2. The way he'll ask our local indian restaurant to add extra chilli and garlic to my take away when I have a cold

3. The way he brings me a glass of OJ every morning before he goes to work, even when he's running late and I usually don't wake up enough to take it from him.

4. The way he moans at me for fostering animals but then has a ball playing with them anyway.

5. The way he teases me for laughing out loud at the TV, then does it himself.

6. The fact that he always sees the best in people and situations. Always. It balances my tendancy to see the worst in everything.

7. The fact he can talk to anyone, and is always himself and really genuinely doesn't care what other people think.

8. The way he humours me when I'm tipsy by playing songs on the guitar that I can sing along to. (even when he's sober and I sound like a strangled cat)

9. that he looks and smells great ALL the time.

10. The way he's so proud of his ability to make spagetti bolegnese (from a jar)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

10 things I love about my best friend Emer :)

1. I can tell her absolutely anything, and she never thinks I'm weird or stupid.

2. She has great fashion sense, and at the moment, a savage new hair cut.

3. We have very similar taste in music, which leads to me getting lots of good stuff for free :D

4. She gives very good hugs.

5. She has such a random sense of humour, and always makes me laugh!

6. She always knows how to cheer me up when I'm down.

7. She never lets anything stand in the way of her dreams.

8. She's so clever. I love our geeky conversations about literature.

9. She's always there for me when I need a rant, and she never gives out, no matter how stupid I'm being :pac:

10. The fact we've known each other since we were eight, and even though we've had our fair share of fights and falling outs, I know she'll always be there for me. I can't imagine not having her in my life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

This is about my boyfriend :p

I love....

- the way we have loads in common Music, hobbies, interest

- The way we can talk for hours about nonsense and sillyness and never get bored.

- When he wears Christian Lacoix hmmm he smells so good

- Always finds the most romantic and amazing thing to do on my birthday

- His brilliant sense of humour with added dirtyness he he

- When he picks up my stuffed animals and makes them talk in a high
    pitched hilarious accents to make me happy when I'm upset
    - His little eyes they are the cutest!!

- How he supports me on anything that I want to do

- His cuddles, kisses, snuggles, hugs he gives are the best especially whn we lie in bed watching DVD's for the day.

- How every Sunday he buys me a redbull and chicken roll from centra

These are just the bare minimum of his amazingness I couldn't possibly be able to explain the feelings and pure completion:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 An Cat Dubh

My dad :)

1) His great taste in music which has influenced me sooooo much. Growing up with all the old records, cassettes and now CDs around the house
    2) His intelligence - always has something wise to say and you can always have a great conversation with him
    3) The fact that he's so laid back and easy going in COMPLETE contrast to my mother! If he was any more laid back he'd be dead!
    4) The way we share so many interests like music, history, travel, photography
    5) The fact that he's open to new things - many people his age would have no interest in new modern bands or tv programmes or anything but he's always expanding his horizons!!
    6) The way he's so timid and reserved yet gets so passionate when we go to soccer/GAA matches!
    7) The way I feel like I can talk to him about anything but yet he's not down my throat 24/7 or judging me (I know, note the contrasts I'm making with my mother lol!)
    8) The way he laughs at his own awful...awful jokes that it makes me laugh too!
    9) The way he can't cook and buys us chipper instead!
    10) Most of all the way I've never been embarrassed to hang out with him despite others thinking he's quite an odd man!! That I've been to gigs and table quizes and things like that with him, and that he's been my drinking buddy since I was 16 (now 18)

But ehh...don't get me wrong. I do have friends. I just love my dad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

My boyfriend:

He likes being fun and silly with me. One time we made a fort around the tv, put a mattress inside and watched movies. He likes to take photos of me posing with mannequins and posing in general and he downloads all of my favourite shows when I'm out at college. He always encourages me to follow my passions and supports me in every way he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Starstream

My bf, Jay

1. The way he gives the best hugs ever, and makes me feel safe in his arms.

2. The way he puts up with my foul moods, outrageous rants, and laughs when I finally come around!

3. The way he thought he didn't like cats, but now loves our one even when she walks all over his notes and sticks her bum in his face!

4. The way, even when he's not working he will always insist on paying his fair share, and that most of the time I end up 'borrowing' from his coin jar!

5. The way he tells me he loves me and how gorgeous I am several times a day.

6. The way we can talk about absolutely everything, but at the same time sit for hours without saying anything.

7. The way he'll never grow up, farts and silly puns will always make him laugh, sometimes annoying, but ultimately what I love about him!

8. The way at a recent wedding when the groom sang to the bride we both turned to each and thought yeuch, cheeeeze! I know it'll never happen at ours!

9. The way he knows everything about me, my crazy family, my fears and weird habits, weird humour and still loves me!

10. Most importantly, the way he puts me to bed and brings me a mi-wadi every night:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I know this is supposed to be people but... My black lab;

1. Her different facial expressions.
    2. The way she wrinkles her snout in disgust when she licks a lemon.
    3. The way she knows she's not supposed to bark so she's developed all these other noisy moaning, grumbling noises to communicate her feelings.
    4. The way she acts with her best friend Gypsy. She adores her. Would follow her to the end of the earth if you let her.
    5. The way she comes into my room in the morning and snuffles in my ear to wake me up.
    6. Her habit of sitting in the garden and just looking up at the sky and sniffing the air. I always wonder what she's thinking.
    7. How I rolled on the floor over and over again last year while she watched with her head cocked (I was teaching her to roll over). She picked it up so quick and I hadn't laughed so hard in a long time.
    8. How she will do anything for a bit of food.
    9. The way she acts so proud of herself when she does things like pick up the mail and bring it into the kitchen.
    10. The way she never judges me in any way, just loves me as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I love..

1. That he's so chilled about things (mind you, this bugs me sometimes too!)
    2. That he doesn't smoke.
    3. That he doesn't drink.
    4. That he has the same sense of humour as me.
    5. His intelligence.
    6. That he encouraged me to go back to college.
    7. That he's not the jealous type.
    8. His family.
    9. That he likes my cooking!
    10. That he's affectionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Who are they, what are they to you, and what reasons? :)

Jennifer, my girlfriend.

1.How she always looks gorgeous no matter the situation, the clothes and the make-up, always.
    2.How she greets me with babe or baby.
    3.Our talks that can extend to absolutely anything, with no shame and boundaries.
    4.How cute she looks asleep ^_^
    5.She can always make me smile with anything she says.
    6.How, no matter what we're doing, we can always feel comfortable and relax.
    7.How soft her skin is :]
    8.The look she gives me that makes me appreciate her so much more <3
    9.The gentle squeezes and hints.
    10.How easy we get along, how we don't fight and have a seemingly perfect relationship.

Next up is? =D

Your second week will be so different.:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Playfulness x 10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Your second week will be so different.:pac:
    Been together 3 months thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

1. That she knows that i do be tired when i get home from work, and always has a kiss and dinner ready
    2. The way she gets excited when she sees me, even though we live together and see eachother every day
    3. She understands everything, im able to tell her anything
    4. How she wants exactly the same out of life as me
    5. How she has the exact same views on almost everything as me
    6. When im in a bad mood, she will cheer me up, no matter how long it takes (took 6 hours once! :eek:)
    7. The way she looks when she sleeps
    8. Her seemingly limitless optomism about everything
    9. She loves me for who i am and doesnt try to change me
    10. *censored* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

My best mate (a guy):

I love:

1. How he always cheers me up
    2. How he loves Disney and cuddly toys
    3. His endless talent - vocals, guitar, piano, lyrics etc.
    4. His never ending brainstorming - songs, musicals, movies
    5. How self-conscious he really is under all that macho exterior
    6. His intelligence and articulation
    7. How he's overtly opinionated online - but in person he's a softie :rolleyes:
    8 That he was the first guy I loved, the first guy who broke my heart, and the first friend I could go to when I needed to talk about it.
    9. The fact that we've met less than 15 times in 6 years - he's 4.5 hours away - but we've stuck together through thick and thin.
    10. That when I ask what he'll being doing in ten years time, he says, 'sitting here in Longford, talking to you.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 claire*

1. We can talk about anything
    2. His genorosity and his thoughtfulness when it comes to presents
    3. He tells me he loves me at the end of every phone conversation
    4. His sense of humour
    5. His positivity, its infectious
    6 His Hugs
    7. I have to get up at 6.15, he gets up at 7.30. When I get up he tells me he loves me, then buries himself in the duvet as if hes goin 2 be thrown out of the bed!
    8. He'l watch X Factor with me pretending he hates it but secretly loves it.
    9. The fact that he gets all excited about watching Die Hard even though he has seen it at least 10 times
    10. When I see him, i still get butterflies after 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭anndub

1.) How he rings me on his way home from work to tell me all about his day even though he'll be home in twenty minutes
    2.) How he crawls across the bed to give me a full body hug after he's up and dressed for work, and then promptly falls back to sleep on top of me.
    3.) How he warms my feet between his calves in bed every night even though they're very very cold.
    4.) How "into" play station games he gets.
    5.) How he spends weeks worrying about doing something epic to celebrate birthdays/anniversaries, and ends up buying flowers and chocolates.
    6.) How he manages to lose things in a 5 roomed apartment and instead of searching, panics and rotates 360 degrees in the middle of the living room while declaring that its definitely not in the apartment.
    It always is.
    7.)How, when given the option in a reataurant/take away he will always opt for extra hot, before realising when the meal is infront of him he cant eat it.
    8.)His constant encouragement and backing of whatever I decide to do.
    9.)How when he cooks a special meal, it takes him three times as long as it should because he wants it to be perfect.
    10.)And of course, the fantastic hugs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

James my BF:

1. The way he is so passionate about his architecture and music
    2. The way his laugh is so loud sometimes I dont know where to look!
    3. The way he is 6ft 6in tall and makes me feel so safe
    4. The way he always tells me he loves me even after 6 years
    5. The way he says I dont need make up to look pretty, Im fine as is.
    6. The way he is a good father
    7. The way he cares about my family as well as his
    8. The way he keeps sneaking up behind me when im walking around the house and pulls my pyjamas down!
    9. The way we are so comfortable together and connect so well.

10. But most importantly for me, how he has been there every single moment since my Mam died last year. He hugs me when I need to, he always asks if I would like a lift to visit her grave. He also helps to make sure my Dad is ok and cooks him dinner sometimes.

I love him so much. x x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

About my perfect BF xxxx

Hes the most gorgeous guy i have ever seen, sounds cheesy but its true.

And he treats me like a princess too.

He remembers the very first things we ever said to each other the night we met.

He texts me sweet messages when were out together but doesnt tell me so when we get home or wake up the next morning i have a cute text saying "love you my sexy sealion" or something like that.

He told me, after being together just over 2 months, that he will be with me as long as he will have me.

Even when hes annoyed or pi**ed off, with me or whatever, he always touches me sweetly or makes me something to tell me that its just a row and he just needs time to himself! took me ages to realise that lol

He hates apologising to anyone including me, but he always will if he has done something wrong or he has made me upset over something he did.

He surprise me with trips to the cinema (which he HATES but knows i LOVE).

We have just as much fun staying in having beers, watching Family Guy etc as when we go out.

We never run out of things to talk about and always have fun days and nights together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

My boyfriend:

-Does all these little groans like when he's eating, when he's comfortable, when he's happy, and when you're annoying him. We can communicate with these little groans! :) He sounds like a little dog!

- The middle of the night cuddles I get when he's asleep usually accompanied with a little groan

- He makes me eggs and tea before I go to work if I'm staying at his house

- He loves music and playing his guitar, and he looks really sexy when he plays because he really gets into it! :o

- We get on really well together, of course we fight but it's usually sorted soon enough.

- We can sit comfortably in each others silence.

- We can go out with each others friends and have a great night and now both groups have intermingled! :)

- He buys me random little presents like teddy ducks!

- He's a big forum freak, and he's passed it onto me! :cool:

- I can talk to him about anything, it's not awkward ever! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I have to do one about my best friend too!

- She is the total opposite of me. She's blonde I'm brunette, She loves pink I love purple. Opposites attract.

- She is a little girl at heart, loves pink and barbie!

- She always is impeccably dressed and has an annoying knack of finding really cool things in pennys that I'd never find for 50cents! She's such a savvy shopper! :mad:

-I've known her for over 4 years and we've never fought once.

- She always makes me laugh with her funny capers with boys!

- We can talk about anything and we usually end up laughing about the most inappropriate things in the wrong places!

- She's had some ups and downs in her life but she is the best friend ever and never complains about it, she only bitches about it after.

- She loves the whole victorian period of history while I love the world wars! :)

- When we go out sometimes we have "themed" nights where we wear wacky clothes out or dress up...it's like a tradition for our birthdays!

- She's always there for a good natter no matter how tired or hungover she may be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

My neighbor/best friend/second mammy/third granny

1. The way that she knows me inside out
    2. How she is always really happy to see me and gives me a hug when we meet
    3. The way she tells me she loves me lots
    4. How her door is always open to me
    5. How she once told me that if I was on the other side of the world and it was 5am but I needed her she would still try and get to me
    6. She would do anything for me
    7. She never judges me but knows she can be completely honest with me
    8. The way she calls herself my 'granny T____' (I don't want to give her surname)
    9. The fact that she is 200% reliable and would never let me down
    10. This is probably the most important one but our cuppa tea and a chat at her fireside

I really love her and she loves me..
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My grandad passed away on Saturday night, so as cheesy as this is, I'm gonna write the ten things I loved about him... So I'll never forget. :)

1. I love the way when people asked my granny questions, he'd answer. She has Alzheimer's so when she can't remember things, she gets upset and frustrated, but he never, ever let that happen. He'd answer, and she'd just smile at him.

2. I love how placid and easy going he was. I know people always say "Oh, no one had a bad word to say about X"... but no one actually had a bad word to say about my grandad. He was so well liked. I'm really proud to say that he was grandad because he was an absolute gentleman.

3. I love the fact that every single Christmas he gave each of his sons, his daughter and all of the neighbours a turkey for free. He was a farmer, ya see. Anyone who asked for a turkey would get one, and when they tried to pay, he'd say, "Ah, it's a present".

4. I'll miss the cups of tea and the Mikado biscuits he forced on me every time I went into his house. He was like a male Mrs Doyle - "Ah, go on, ya'll have a small drop!" (:

5. I love how he wore welly boots with a shirt, tie and jacket every single day. He always looked like he was going somewhere important... but then his feet would be filthy dirty from being out in the fields.

6. He always fed the smallest lambs with a bottle, and when we were younger, myself and my cousins would be allowed go and help him. He was caring like that, he worried about the little ones.

7. I love that when we were young, we used to collect the hens eggs and then we'd break 'em and 'make dinner' with them when we were playing House. My granny would give out that we'd wasted all the eggs, but my grandad said, "The hens will lay more eggs, but this lot will only be kids and want to play with them for a short time".

8. I love that he lived in the very same house for his whole life, almost 90 years. He had everything he wanted right there, and he was happy and content. All that mattered to him was his family and second to that, the land and that's what he lived and died for.

9. He gave me my dad, and I couldn't have asked for a better one, or a nicer one and I'm lucky enough that he has all of the wonderful qualities that my grandad had too.

10. I love my grandad because he was amazing, and special. I just hope that some day I'll be a little bit like him.

Rest in Peace, grandad. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

Novella wrote: »
    My grandad passed away on Saturday night, so as cheesy as this is, I'm gonna write the ten things I loved about him... So I'll never forget. :)

1. I love the way when people asked my granny questions, he'd answer. She has Alzheimer's so when she can't remember things, she gets upset and frustrated, but he never, ever let that happen. He'd answer, and she'd just smile at him.

2. I love how placid and easy going he was. I know people always say "Oh, no one had a bad word to say about X"... but no one actually had a bad word to say about my grandad. He was so well liked. I'm really proud to say that he was grandad because he was an absolute gentleman.

3. I love the fact that every single Christmas he gave each of his sons, his daughter and all of the neighbours a turkey for free. He was a farmer, ya see. Anyone who asked for a turkey would get one, and when they tried to pay, he'd say, "Ah, it's a present".

4. I'll miss the cups of tea and the Mikado biscuits he forced on me every time I went into his house. He was like a male Mrs Doyle - "Ah, go on, ya'll have a small drop!" (:

5. I love how he wore welly boots with a shirt, tie and jacket every single day. He always looked like he was going somewhere important... but then his feet would be filthy dirty from being out in the fields.

6. He always fed the smallest lambs with a bottle, and when we were younger, myself and my cousins would be allowed go and help him. He was caring like that, he worried about the little ones.

7. I love that when we were young, we used to collect the hens eggs and then we'd break 'em and 'make dinner' with them when we were playing House. My granny would give out that we'd wasted all the eggs, but my grandad said, "The hens will lay more eggs, but this lot will only be kids and want to play with them for a short time".

8. I love that he lived in the very same house for his whole life, almost 90 years. He had everything he wanted right there, and he was happy and content. All that mattered to him was his family and second to that, the land and that's what he lived and died for.

9. He gave me my dad, and I couldn't have asked for a better one, or a nicer one and I'm lucky enough that he has all of the wonderful qualities that my grandad had too.

10. I love my grandad because he was amazing, and special. I just hope that some day I'll be a little bit like him.

Rest in Peace, grandad. <3

Really to sorry to hear about your Granda passing, he sounds like a really lovely man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

my little bro:

1. his kindness. he loves helping dad and our older bro no matter what they're doing and brings in turf for mam on his go-kart and trailer
    he'd spend his few quid pocketmoney on little gifts for his family sooner than buy the latest trainers

2. how he is so mannerly and appreciates things that other kids his age wouldn't even notice!
    how he knows right from wrong

3. he's such an auld man saying things like "hawh" and "jaysus"
    he greets me with "well?" instead of hello!

4. how well he treated his cat and how he cried, buried and said a prayer over her when she died

5. how he terrified my (townie!:p) friend by driving up the yard in my car with her in it!
    seriously, this boy would have passed the driving test with flying colours at 10!

6. how he comes out with random stuff like when he was 9 and speaking of our mothers great fondness for tea he just said out of the blue "tea is like sex to mammy!":eek:
    he didn't quiet know what sex was other than it was something that people appently enjoy!

7. how he can tell me what's wrong with my car :o

8. how he has his own opinions on things and doesn't follow a crowd

9. his mischievious streak and how he loves playing pranks on people
    he's so funny when he's dying to laugh but trying to keep a straight face!

10. how he makes me lots of tea when I am home:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

10 things i love about my husband
    - his smile .. i always call it "the award winning smile" :)
    - the way he smells
    - his hugs
    - he will never let me go, if i am mad and storm off he will always come after me! :)
    - the first words out of his mouth every morning is "i love you"
    - he always stands up for me when keyboard warriors attack me LOL
    - he's ma sexy baba :D
    - he leaves a little bit of fresh coffee in a dish in the fridge because he knows i love the smell..
    - he leaves me little notes around the house when he's on break and i'm working... when i come home and he's not there, i have the notes :)
    - he does annoying jobs on my car when i'm too lazy to do it.. or not strong enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

My big sis, Bairbre.
    4 years older than me, about a foot shorter than me (that's why I'm her bigger baby sister, and she's my smaller older sister!) , a special olympic gold medal winner, and someone who's taught me so much about life.

10 random things I love:

1. The way that although she hasn't a note in her head, she still goes to singing lessons each week, and has now learnt to hold the off-key note for longer.

2. Her ninja hugs. She'll quietly appear from nowhere and just hug me!

3. How brilliant she is with her wonderful younger niece Lila-Anne and how much she learnt from her fantastic older niece Niamh-she didn't really get small kids til Niamh came along.

4. The way she always sticks up for me in any disagreement with my parents; from who burnt the toast to why the car has no petrol, Babs always just says "leave my little sis alone you guys"

5. How much I've learnt from her- patience, telling people you care for that you love them, perseverance when you think you can't go further, and how to keep a level head in situations.

6. How over her 31 years so far, she has collapsed/passed out /nearly died god knows how many times, recovered from a stroke, proving almost every doctor who told her she wouldn't make it past the age of 1/10/20/30 wrong. I hope she keeps proving them wrong for as long as possible!

7.How when things in my life go wrong now, I think back to the night she was taken to hospital after her stroke, and I realise that nothing can be as bad as the hour that I spent not knowing whether she would live or die, and that life is too short to worry about things that are not, literally, life or death matters.

8. That hanging in our kitchen is a gold medal, which she won for Team Ireland in 2003. Whenever I'm home, I see that medal, and it makes me smile at the memory of my big sis "kickin ass" at golf. (her words, not mine!)

9. How she still gets a visit from Santa each year, and I do too, because "lil sis" should always get a Santa present. There's always a bowl of cornflakes, some biscuits and a glass of milk left out for him and the reindeer each year...

10. How she has made life seem-so precious, so fleeting, so simple, so wonderful. She has taught me that, with the people I love around me (family & friends), there is nothing life can throw at me that I can't beat.

I love my big sis : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 shannone

10 things i love about my BFF

1. we've never had a fight and we've been friends for 7 years now

2. she knows when to let me rant at her and when i need to be left alone

3. she doesnt like physical contact but lets me spoon her and give her hugs

4. she lets me live in her house during the summer

5. we have really stupid moments together, that I could never have with other people

6. we just need to look at each other and start laughing

7. how most of my college friends knew about her before they met her because I talked about her so much!

8. she's always so happy and I get excited to see her even though we live together in college

9. she knows what I'm thinking 99% of the time

10. that she's my person

<3 u C

Advertisement