Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget travel

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭RANIA

i booked a hol, with panorama dec 13th and they just called to cancel,as flight was with budget travel,never bloody said that on website ,i am so annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

costa del sol 2010 see u there regards brian

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

We love going to the Greek Island of Zakynthos, we used to fly with Budget on Flight Only basis, last year we payed 350Euro return, next year hey were charging 375Euro return, now if we want to go the cheapest flgith only option is 475return with Falcon. That's just feckin ridiculous, could fly return to the U.S for that.

Shame Ryanair don't fly there, sure they'd be half the price and still make a tidy profit

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

scudzilla wrote: »
    We love going to the Greek Island of Zakynthos, we used to fly with Budget on Flight Only basis, last year we payed 350Euro return, next year hey were charging 375Euro return, now if we want to go the cheapest flgith only option is 475return with Falcon. That's just feckin ridiculous, could fly return to the U.S for that.

If you are willing to fly indirect then you can get there for as little as €280.
    Even less if you can go Wednesday to Wednesday.
    Obviously this would be a major hassle with kids in tow, though if a family of four can save themselves €800 then its probably worth it.
    You'll have to do some legwork on the sites.

Use http://book.flythomascook.com/skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi and look at flights from Birmingham/Manchester/Gatwick etc to Zth (zante airport) and then cross reference with ryanair website for cheap deals from Dublin to these British airports, plenty of €1/€5/€10 flights without taxes to be had.

I'd reckon 3 hours work, flexibility with dates and you'd probably get it to around the €200 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If you are willing to fly indirect then you can get there for as little as €280.
    Even less if you can go Wednesday to Wednesday.
    Obviously this would be a major hassle with kids in tow, though if a family of four can save themselves €800 then its probably worth it.
    You'll have to do some legwork on the sites.

Use http://book.flythomascook.com/skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi and look at flights from Birmingham/Manchester/Gatwick etc to Zth (zante airport) and then cross reference with ryanair website for cheap deals from Dublin to these British airports, plenty of €1/€5/€10 flights without taxes to be had.

I'd reckon 3 hours work, flexibility with dates and you'd probably get it to around the €200 mark.

Thanks for that, i did look into it, but with 20kg each luggage, Ryanair only allow 15, you have to pay a sh1t load more for the extra 5kg each, adding on checked in luggage with them, nah, i think we'll be looking for somewhere else next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 x_ami_xx

all a mess.was anyone else due to fly the 26th dec.we had it booked to gran canaria.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

just been on the regulators site and looking at the list of licensed tour operators there seems to be quite a few with expiry dates of the end of oct / nov in the list. http://www.aviationreg.ie/_fileupload/TO%20Current%20Licences%202009%202010%2001_12_09.pdf

Advertisement