Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolph Ziggler

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Think he could be WWE title material as cocky tweener. I certainly like his character anyway, but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Midcard is where he belongs. He is nowhere close to the likes of Cena and Orton, nor is he even close to the likes Bryan, Del Rio and Punk. He is the same level as Christian, Kofi and the Miz.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Midcard is where he belongs. He is nowhere close to the likes of Cena and Orton, nor is he even close to the likes Bryan, Del Rio and Punk.

Ah here - that's pushing it! He has more charisma and presence in one elbow drop than del rio has in his entire arsenal!

Ah here - that's pushing it! He has more charisma and presence in one elbow drop than del rio has in his entire arsenal!

I know who I'd rather watch and it isn't the one who flops around like a fish out of water for every single move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Del Rio bell to bell is easily one of their most consistent guys, I always feel Ziggler just seems to not be able to back up all his talk about stealing show, etc :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Source

PWInsider.com is reporting there is a big reason as to why Dolph
    Ziggler is seemingly stuck in the mid-card after his brief stint as World
    Heavyweight Champion. Word backstage is that Ziggler comes off with a bad
    attitude when around other superstars and media. WWE is not happy with the way
    he represents himself within the company and outside during media appearances.
    Additionally, Dolph Ziggler has claimed that he tries to maintain his
    gimmick and his attitude as he would with storylines, but WWE does not see that
    as the case. He does not have a lot of backing from the officials in WWE because
    of how he speaks out to them

Dolph: "I was only having the Craic"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

GTR63 wrote: »
    Del Rio bell to bell is easily one of their most consistent guys, I always feel Ziggler just seems to not be able to back up all his talk about stealing show, etc :rolleyes:

For me Del Rio is consistently one of the dullest people on the roster. I at least find Ziggler entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Angron wrote: »
    For me Del Rio is consistently one of the dullest people on the roster. I at least find Ziggler entertaining.

Del Rio is an excellent in ring performer, kinda reminds me of Dean Malenko, but his character is so stale though.

Ziggler is also an excellent in ring talent, more charismatic in my opinion than Del rio but for what ever reason his push stalled when he turned face. he reminds me of Shawn Michaels in the way he takes bumps and sells.

I enjoy both of these guys wrestling but Id rather see more of Ziggler on the mic and in a storyline. he seems to be lost in the mix lately which disappoints me cause he has huge potential. Im guessing he thinks hes earned a chance at a top spot but hasn't been given it. Hes annoyed and bitching and thinks hes better than his current position. With Cena , Bryan and Punk, not to mention RVD and Big Show, in the last few months he hasnt been better than these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I don't think he is likable enough to get over as a main event face, while his moveset doesn't really suit a main event heel.

A man without a country;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,839 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I don't think he is likable enough to get over as a main event face, while his moveset doesn't really suit a main event heel.

A man without a country;)

I disagree, the reaction alone when he cashed in MITB tells me the crowd love him. Just needs a push and some compelling storylines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Crowds tend to love MITB cash ins irrespective of who's cashing in because it feels like they've witnessed a big moment.Plus it was the smarky post Mania Raw too.

I don't think he's worth pushing.He's John Morrison bad on the mic and his in ring style isn't suited to wrestling either heel or face.Plus alll that over bumping is going to catch up with him sooner rather than later.

Big E and Roman Reigns is where the future is at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

CSF wrote: »
    I disagree, the reaction alone when he cashed in MITB tells me the crowd love him. Just needs a push and some compelling storylines.

Well they were the smarkist of smark fans he hasn't got anywhere near the same reaction consistently and I like the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,839 ✭✭✭✭CSF

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Well they were the smarkist of smark fans he hasn't got anywhere near the same reaction consistently and I like the guy.

He hasn't had a reason to. How excited can we get to see a star put over the ****ing Wyatts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Angron wrote: »

Yeah his feuds are absolute duds(not the matches though) like the Rvd, Christian and Cena feud which have been just plucked from the sky and thrown out their. Not huge on Dolph at this either he seems to not know how to behave as a face & puts himself over in a prickish way(I remember feeling AJ came out of some of their exchanges better at times).

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im as big a Dolph fan as anyone, but I feel hes the next JoMo. Highly talented but will just not make it for what ever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He needs to get rid of the bleach blonde hair and go dark now grow a beard, be less high flying and more stiff change it up a bit like that promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im as big a Dolph fan as anyone, but I feel hes the next JoMo. Highly talented but will just not make it for what ever reason.

JOMO didnt make it cause he was shocking on the Mic........Dolph doesnt have that problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jossnjuice wrote: »
    JOMO didnt make it cause he was shocking on the Mic........Dolph doesnt have that problem!

Melina didn't help him either

jossnjuice wrote: »

Dolph is pretty awful too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Dolph is pretty awful too.

Yeah I agree, it's classic wrestling promo 101. Just doesn't come across as natural or original. It's funny though because any time I've seen away from wrestling he seems a really good talker. Just doesn't translate imo for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Yeah I agree, it's classic wrestling promo 101. Just doesn't come across as natural or original. It's funny though because any time I've seen away from wrestling he seems a really good talker. Just doesn't translate imo for whatever reason.

I always enjoyed the little bits he did on Ryder's TLS and I was excited to hear him cut amazing promos on TV but like said above it just didn't happen for whatever reason

Advertisement