Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHEAP BEER ANYONE?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

rameire wrote: »
    per litre it works out cheaper. plus it tastes better than the normal carlsberg.

got the wife to go get the alcohol.

loads of it left at 10.30 this morning in carlow. basically because she was the first in the queue.

yep, a whole 3 cents cheaper per litre!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Asked my ma to pick up a few and she came back with 6 crates(3 Carlesberg,2 Bud and a Guinness) :eek:

Happy days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

Johner wrote: »
    Asked my ma to pick up a few and she came back with 6 crates(3 Carlesberg,2 Bud and a Guinness) :eek:

Jeez, wish I had such a generous mammy!! I'm off on my bike to somehow get two slabs of the black stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

in tesco maynooth its a limit of 3 crates per type, per person. theyve it stacked to the ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Just got in the Christmas crates,thanks op! Will they last til then? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

mag wrote: »
    in tesco maynooth its a limit of 3 crates per type, per person. theyve it stacked to the ceiling.

It's 3 in all Tesco's,We had to make two trips each but it's great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

After some deliberation (aka looking like a tool in tesco) I choose 2 crates of the Carlesberg Export over the ordinary slab. It's much nicer!
    And also got a slab of Guinness.....chances are I'll be back down later. Plenty left!

Do people think it will get cheaper anywhere else?

I remember last year it was close to 24-25.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Its cheaper up the north - 24 cans for 14stg (440ml)@sainsburys - but then again it will always be cheaper up north. I dont understand why it is more expensive than last years offer, considering recession and deflation since then.

I agree that it shouldn't be more expensive than last year. Is the guinness cheaper up north?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

badker wrote: »
    I agree that it shouldn't be more expensive than last year. Is the guinness cheaper up north?

I would assume so - booze in general is much cheaper up north. Probably not worth the trip unless you are buying a bit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

Strictly for Galway ppl!

According to the Advertiser, Joyces in Headford are doing crates of 24 Budweiser 500ml for €20 :eek:

Going to haed down after work and confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

voxpop wrote: »
    Its cheaper up the north - 24 cans for 14stg (440ml)@sainsburys - but then again it will always be cheaper up north. I dont understand why it is more expensive than last years offer, considering recession and deflation since then.

when i was in sainsburys last weekend & it was £16 for 18 440ml cans of guinness

if you work that out per ml its the same -

tesco : 27.50/(24 x 500) = 0.23c per ml
    sainsburys : (16/0.9)/(18 x 440) = 0.22c per ml

dazzday wrote: »
    Strictly for Galway ppl!

According to the Advertiser, Joyces in Headford are doing crates of 24 Budweiser 500ml for €20 :eek:

Going to haed down after work and confirm.

If it turns out to be fact. That is a great deal. Same is €29.99 in Supervalue nationwide

Can you report back and see if it is only bud?

We can start a competition to see where is the cheapest crate in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 carrie4

Thanks OP. Have stocked up on the black stuff for christmas!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Johner wrote: »

You're mum is awesome :)

Got myself a crate of Guiness. Should last me nicely for a day of rugby on saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

mag wrote: »
    when i was in sainsburys last weekend & it was £16 for 18 440ml cans of guinness

if you work that out per ml its the same -

tesco : 27.50/(24 x 500) = 0.23c per ml
    sainsburys : (16/0.9)/(18 x 440) = 0.22c per ml

Asda had/have 10 guinness for £7. Even better than above... but Tesco is 1 minutes drive from my gaff. Unlike Asda.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

If it turns out to be fact. That is a great deal. Same is €29.99 in Supervalue nationwide

Can you report back and see if it is only bud?

We can start a competition to see where is the cheapest crate in Ireland

alas it turned out to be a typo in the paper. Store apologises and sells at 29.99 :mad:

The 24cans of Carlsberg for €24 isnt half bad though...

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

crushproof wrote: »
    After some deliberation (aka looking like a tool in tesco) I choose 2 crates of the Carlesberg Export over the ordinary slab. It's much nicer!
    And also got a slab of Guinness.....chances are I'll be back down later. Plenty left!

Oh i love the export. So glad its finally in Ireland, got a couple of boxes myself too and two slabs of Guiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

pure relaxation

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

pure relaxation

Better than Gold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

i see you got the 8 pack bulmers not the 18's. 18's work out €1.52 a can...8 packs are €1.50. can't find any of the slabs on the internet though so they mustnt be tryin to push the sales that much

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cheers op, mate picked me up a Bud for the weekend.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I'm getting the Perlanbacher love-in on this thread. It's a really tasty beer, and at €7 for 6 500ml bottles its a great bargain. But am I the only one who finds it a little bit bloating when you are on the 6th bottle ?

RATM wrote: »
    I'm getting the Perlanbacher love-in on this thread. It's a really tasty beer, and at €7 for 6 500ml bottles its a great bargain. But am I the only one who finds it a little bit bloating when you are on the 6th bottle ?

Perlenbaucher is a lovely beer. Lidl do it every so often for 6 for €5. I stock up big time when they do. It is quiet possibly the best cheap lager on the market 9/10. And i'm a hard marker. But make sure it is ice cold ina glass from the freezer. Highly recommend

dazzday wrote: »
    alas it turned out to be a typo in the paper. Store apologises and sells at 29.99 :mad:

The 24cans of Carlsberg for €24 isnt half bad though...

But if they are advertising it at that price then they must honour it. I think under consumer law they are obliged. Otherwise you could sue for false advertising!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

But if they are advertising it at that price then they must honour it. I think under consumer law they are obliged. Otherwise you could sue for false advertising!

Prices are only an invitation to treat and this is how they'd get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

pure relaxation

When is the party :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

every piece of advertising says this offer ends 31/11/2009....so does that legally mean this offer can't end or whats the legalities of this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

tippguy wrote: »
    every piece of advertising says this offer ends 31/11/2009....so does that legally mean this offer can't end or whats the legalities of this :)

I presume if they run out of stock they're not legally obliged to supply more. If they have it in the shop though, they'd have to sell it at the sale price I'd imagine...

Advertisement